8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC Part 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow....Roger...love the clean up job on the pictures. I'm going to have take the time to learn more about editing my pics. Those are great.

Now for some pirate fun.....run to youtube and check this out...not sure how long it's going to last once Disney gets wind of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWR-us7Y-gc

Bloopers from AWE

:lmao: you can't curse in a Disney film mate :lmao:

:lmao: :lmao: These were great Monica especially the line above. :thumbsup2

Reading the updates on all the fires in LA and San Diego, I hope all our friends in those areas are safe.

Reading the updates on all the fires in LA and San Diego, I hope all our friends in those areas are safe.

Wind is still blowing and many areas that they thought were under control are flaring up. At this moment the smoke is not blowing our direction. I hope that all of our Dis friends stay safe.

Wind is still blowing and many areas that they thought were under control are flaring up. At this moment the smoke is not blowing our direction. I hope that all of our Dis friends stay safe.

Wish everyone the best who live in LA and hope the fires come under control asap.

I had been falling a little behind in the thread.:sad2: I always get panic attacks several days before I go get my mammography.:eek: I feel fine but I am always afraid to hear the results every year. I went Friday morning for my mammo. Within fifteen minutes, I got the everything is good!!!!:yay: :woohoo: I am fortunate my hospital has digital mammography. If you go early in the morning, the doctors reads them immmediately. :cloud9: My cancer was diagnosed almost seven years ago. I hate to burden people with my worries when everyone else has problems too!!! I do want to share my joy now!!!!:thumbsup2 :cheer2: :banana:

Thanks for all the birthday wishes for my hubby John.:goodvibes John goes through the stress right with me. The best birthday present he said I gave him was I was all clear.:hug:

Wish everyone the best who live in LA and hope the fires come under control asap.

Thanks Andrew. Just heard on the weather report that local winds are 40-50mph. Below is a map of the area that Tom (Captaincrash) and I are in relation to the fires indicated in red.
firemap.jpg

I had been falling a little behind in the thread.:sad2: I always get panic attacks several days before I go get my mammography.:eek: I feel fine but I am always afraid to hear the results every year. I went Friday morning for my mammo. Within fifteen minutes, I got the everything is good!!!!:yay: :woohoo: I am fortunate my hospital has digital mammography. If you go early in the morning, the doctors reads them immmediately. :cloud9: My cancer was diagnosed almost seven years ago. I hate to burden people with my worries when everyone else has problems too!!! I do not want to share my joy now!!!!:thumbsup2 :cheer2: :banana:

Thanks for all the birthday wishes for my hubby John.:goodvibes John goes through the stress right with me. The best birthday present he said I gave him was I was all clear.:hug:

Glad to hear that everything checked out OK Cheryl.

It was until I caught DD in a lie, now she is grounded for the night and will NOT be going to the movies with her friends tonight. So now, mom and dad get to look at the ST sourpuss face all night. Oh well, lie to dad, pay the price. I did give Angelina a choice, either stay in tonight, or stay in tomorrow night and miss the Homecoming Dance. Since she paid for her Homecoming Dance ticket with her $$, she decided to stay in tonight.......:rolleyes:

Andy, I always told my children the punishment would be worse then the crime committed if I ever caught my children telling me a lie. My children were far from perfect but they knew I would not tolerate a lie. My DD daughter was caught in a lie once but never again!!!:rolleyes: She now preaches the same sentiments to her children.:cool1:

I was having trouble with my multi-quote. I just wanted to say what a beautiful picture of Angelina!!!:woohoo: :flower3:

I had been falling a little behind in the thread.:sad2: I always get panic attacks several days before I go get my mammography.:eek: I feel fine but I am always afraid to hear the results every year. I went Friday morning for my mammo. Within fifteen minutes, I got the everything is good!!!!:yay: :woohoo: I am fortunate my hospital has digital mammography. If you go early in the morning, the doctors reads them immmediately. :cloud9: My cancer was diagnosed almost seven years ago. I hate to burden people with my worries when everyone else has problems too!!! I do not want to share my joy now!!!!:thumbsup2 :cheer2: :banana:

Cheryl, great news!:thumbsup2
I always get nervous when I go too. so far so good. Happy belated birthday to John. :cake:

Hope all our DIS folks in S. CA are doing well. I just heard that our San Diego office was closed because of the smoke! Took a little break at work to play ketchup. It was a lot easier when I was off last week. I guess I will have to take more frequent breaks during the day to drop in. :rotfl: It was amazing how much email I had, even with checking it from home.

:wave2: everybody - just ducking in to say hi and wondering if I can ask for some help from all you lovable and creative people out there. Turns out I will be hosting a Baby Shower on the 27th. Its kinda late minute. Anyway, we decided to turn it into a baby shower/costume party/poker night.

DD had the idea to line the walkway with baby pumpkins in diapers and to do a spider web full of baby neccesities like a bottle, rattle and things like that but since mom is not too keen on a full out Halloween theme - I thought that if anyone had any ideas I can pitch at her last minute - I am trying to eliminate the triple decorating from cutsie baby shower pastel color to a happy medium. (SSHHH! I am now starting to believe that pregnant women are almost impossible to make happy - are all soon to deliver moms this cranky? NOTE: Answer at your own risk! :lmao: )

Anyway, I have decorated a big baby bottle full of Halloween candy corn and for favors bought some baby rattle sand filled them up with Halloween mini-M&M's but how 'bout it folks and artists out there - any other creative ideas I can spring on her?

Just thought I'd open another forum as if we needed it right? LOL - on that note - don't forget that as of Sunday, 10/21 we have have just under 65 days to Xmas - another present off my list - I'm like the turtle - slow but steady but the best part? I'm paying cash! Woo Hoo :banana: DH will love me - at least until December comes around and I still have about 10 more presents to go not counting his of course. Oh well, I had all the best intentions right?

Thanks anyone for any help.

Miss you all -

Hey Lauara, I have an easy project for the baby shower. You make boo boo bunnies out of wash clothes. The boo boo bunny holds an ice cube to make the children forget they are hurt. My DD uses them all the time. I made these for her Baby shower. There is a poem that you can find on the internet.

CBC2006011.jpg

Boo Boo Bunny
If a boo boo has you feeling crummy,
Stick an ice cube in my tummy.
Hold it to your boo boo tight.
Soon everything will be all right!

Must you tempt my husband!!!:rolleyes1

CSsnow10-21-07.jpg

Oh no, it has started....................:scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

Here it's about 75* and sunny, we have our windows open to let the cool breeze blow through the house.

You and my knees are not looking forward to this kind of weather. :rolleyes1

it's good down to 10 ft.

Just deep enough to my liitle toe is deep enough for me.:rotfl:

Hey Crash!

You wanted a flag, right?

How about this one?

crashflag.jpg

How perfect.:cool1: :thumbsup2 :cool1: :thumbsup2

:wave2: everybody - just ducking in to say hi Miss you all -

Hey Laura....Just wanted to say Hi :wave2: and hope things are going well in CA. Everything thing here is looking up!! YIPPEE :woohoo:

Cheryl...so glad to hear that you received good news. I know that can be very stressful. :banana:

Pam

California_fire_400x400.jpg

Thanks Laura!

Rodger is near by - perhaps 4-8 miles away and we're just getting nasty air quality and ash falling all over the place. The Malibu fires are a long way off - 12 miles plus - but that does not preclude us from having a NEW fire erupt in our immediate area. With the super high winds and fires litterially all over the region - all we need is a spark or arsonist in the area and we might have a dangerous situation develope.

tankerdropT-16%20Robert%20Rixx.jpg

They're not flying any fixed wing fire fighting craft like the one above now - but I heard they had been using the fire fighting heliocopters somewhere in the region. The southern California region really spans perhaps 150+ miles in any direction - and we get the news of developements all throughout the area. Collectively, the worst threat we had was the fire behind our home a few months ago (photo below)

iEC445A5A-AFDD-4B99-9A1B-E1C471E9621F.jpg

As such all that fire fuel near by is GONE. So we are somewhat safe because of it. However, with winds like this - if a home went up in the community I'm sure the entire neighborhood would be threatened. As are the entire 13.8 million people in the Ventura-LA-Orange county area.

On another note - we're enjoying HAPPY FEET in HD now. Such amazing detail and texture... amazing.

OK... gotta get my supper finished here... I made a tray of lasagna plus some other freshly made stuff.

Edited in

I thought it strangely quiet all of a sudden... and checking ourside it seems the winds are now ZERO? Strange. But now it appears all safe in our neighborhood.

13.8 million! Dang, I live in a town of 3500!! :)

Wow....Roger...love the clean up job on the pictures. I'm going to have take the time to learn more about editing my pics. Those are great.

Now for some pirate fun.....run to youtube and check this out...not sure how long it's going to last once Disney gets wind of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWR-us7Y-gc

Bloopers from AWE

:lmao: you can't curse in a Disney film mate :lmao:

That was fun! :lmao:

So happy for you Cheryl. I'm having to go back for a "better look" on Wed. I'm sure it's nothing....:confused3

Hey Tom - I was wondering if you were affected. Glad to hear it isn't so back yet. I have been on the run all day and this is the first I've had to check in today. Hope all continues to go well for you and prayers and good wishes to all those that will be needing it.

Let's hope that this will be contained or at lest put into some semblance of control pretty soon w/o any more losses.

Me too!!!:goodvibes

:banana: :banana: :woohoo: :woohoo::yay: :yay: :woohoo: :woohoo: :banana: :banana:

To Andrew, David, Celestine and any of our other UK friends, please note you cannot bring your surfboard or kayak (or javelin, if you are so inclined) with you to the TOAL (at least on British Airways):

"New rules effective from November 6 will prevent customers checking in surfboards, windsurfing boards and sails, hang gliders, kayaks or canoes, pole vaults and javelins. People wishing to take these items will need to contact a separate freight company and arrange for the delivery of these items to their destination. You can still bring scuba tanks and bikes."

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter