• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
THANK YOU all for your hard work in planning this TOAL!!

We are leaving tomorrow at 6:30 am.

See you on the ship!!

Oh, and I wanted to add that a part of our Family Talent Show will be teaching baton, so if you are interested in learning to twirl, sit in the front row and go wild :banana: :cool1: when we start looking for volunteers!!

Okay, I have to share my "bargain find" from Target tonight. I was just walking around and happened upon some Energizer batteries, 24 pack of AAA. Regular price was $11.99...marked down to $1.54! Of course I had to buy all 8 packs! :rolleyes:

Kim

Good Deal.:thumbsup2

Hi Gang,
Wow -I've been out all day - and its taken me sooo long to ketchup.

I took my dogs to the kennel today - for a "daycare" session - so they can become familar w/the place they will be for 2 1/2 weeks. I was stressed about it - my fur-babies - well - they loved it. This boarding kennel is amazing - it's called "It's a Dog's Life" - they do not keep the dogs in cages w/runs but my dogs will be in a small house w/a run during the night - but during the day they get to be in like a dog park. I am so relieved - I had stressed so much about this!!

M made a great comment - somewhat a reality check - some of our pirates are dealing w/serious issues - so worrying about what to pack/clothes/formals/etc. isn't all that important. What is important is our TOAL - having a fantistic time w/family and friends - DIS friends especially!!

Catch up w/ y'all later

That is one part I hate. My plans fell through so now I am looking to board Dante. He gets stressed so easily.:sad2: Sounds like you found a good place.:goodvibes

Thank You Tina for the Rockin' pirate wrist bands
And the green ones glow in the dark !!

Thank You Esteri for the Rockin' Pirate Shirts

Thank You Desiree for the Rockin' lanyards

Thank You Cheryl & Kristina for the Rockin' Linked Dining

Thank You Chris & Wendy for the Rockin' Bus (Well, I don't mean rockin' that way)

Thank You Mike for the Rockin' Deck Plans

Thank You Paula for the Rockin' Cartagena Tour

Thank You Pamela & M for the Rockin' Navigator

Thank You Julie for the Rockin' FE

DITTO !!

Hey Guys! Just wanted to post, I will be out of commission for a few days. :sad2: My neighbor died suddenly on Saturday - :sad: and his viewing and funeral will take up this whole week. I must say this was probably one of the few times in my life where I have seen both my father and my brother in tears. Add to the fact that April's getting her wisdom teeth out later this morning (all four of them - YIKES!) Poor thing as if having an earthquake and stitches on her left flank ( :laughing: ) wasn't enough! She had a mole removed and got serveral stitches which she makes me check several times a day because she thinks they are infected. :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, my son has been chasing me around the house trying to get me to check out his herniated disk. YUCK! This from the guy who doesn't like his back touched. :rolleyes:

I did tell you all that its always one thing or another with me right? Meanwhile, I did manage to take my formal to the cleaners but it will take one week to clean - just in time for leaving next week.

So, if anyone needs to get in contact with me, leave a message - I'll get back to you soon. Probably over the weekend.

Pray for me that the dreaded 3 curses doesn't happen or at least wait until I'm on the TOAL. :sad2:

:sad2: :sad1:

Sorry for your loss. Prayers & good thoughts headed your way.:wizard: :goodvibes

Good Deal.:thumbsup2

That is one part I hate. My plans fell through so now I am looking to board Dante. He gets stressed so easily.:sad2: Sounds like you found a good place.:goodvibes

I hope you are able to find a good place for Dante! I don't know where you live- but if I can find not one but TWO local places that are nice for our dog Tramp to stay-- when we live in small town rural Texas- I would imagine you could find a good place where you are? *fingers crossed*

Tramp stayed in one last time--- then found out thru the groomer there is one even closer so I went to meet the lady and check out the place. It may not be as nice as some places but honestly I have no idea how Tramp would do around other dogs in a free "dog park" type situation anyway. Probably okay- but he'd probably also just lay down and let some other dog tear him to bits if they wanted to. :confused3 The place we're taking Tramp is an indoor/outdoor kennel which is perfect for him because he canNOT stay outside in this heat all the time- he's an inside dog! He only goes outside to do his business and if we're outside he wants to be with us- the rest he's inside in the a/c. Yes our Texan dog is as spoiled as we are when it comes to a/c. The inside is a/c but he can go outside anytime he wants- next to but seperated from other dogs. They do have a play area but the dogs can't go there freely on their own so the lady would be there everytime she puts them in the play area to make sure they get along well. LOL (maybe that's what she meant by dog park type area?)
And this one is smaller- only 6 kennels (indoor/outdoor) so he should get even more attention- even though he did fine at the other one last time. This time we'll be gone longer, obviously.... so I hope he isn't traumatized by not having us around for such a long time. I mean he did fine at the last place but he's pretty attached to us- yanno? I hope that since we're gone such a LONG time this time that the poor doggy doesn't think we've left him there forever. :eek: :guilty:
We have no choice- there is no one else to keep him! So I hope he likes it and does okay like last time...

Oh I'm stressing on this packing thing. I'm working on it but I can't make up my mind what to do!
I can't decide if I should cram as much as possible in our carryons to try to make sure we don't lose anything in case our luggage gets lost- but I can't fit it ALL in carryons so then I'd have to have checked luggage too and that would be a pain to have both carryons and checked luggage when it's just me and 3 kids (most of which aren't much help with luggage so that might be more trouble than it's worth)
or
If I should just cram it all in checked luggage, not worry about having to mess with more luggage/carryons with the kids- and just cross my fingers that none of our luggage gets lost? I just get so worried about that happening because it would be a nightmare to arrive and be missing luggage, ESPECIALLY if it was luggage that had MY clothing in it or other necessary items (because it's not easy to find clothes that fit me well..... that's another nightmare for me- trying to find clothes that fit :lmao: )

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh calgon take me away! I really just cannot decide which to do.
What are the odds really of luggage being lost? I guess maybe I shouldn't even worry about it because after hearing about some luggage being lost by DCL (and the other people who got it by mistake keeping it in their rooms until the last night- which totally STINKS btw.....) we'd stand a chance for our carryons to get lost by DCL anyway! I mean what if we go thru all the trouble of tons of carryons (one each I mean) and dealing with that- only to have DCL lose one or something?
I just want all my stuff to make it there. LOL

I think I've got it figured out- but I'll have to cross my fingers things don't get lost. Jeff's clothes take up the most room! His clothes (not even enough clothes for every day mind you.... I will have to do laundry during our trip) takes up an entire suitcase and a carryon! ugh

Do you think 3 carryons and 3 checked luggage is too much for the 4 of us (me and kids)? Plus the kids have little backpacks that will hold snacks/stuff to do during the flight as well- as their "personal bag/purse" allowance.
does that all sound like too much for the 4 of us? We will be leaving the 11th and returning on the 1st... so we're talking 3 weeks, that's a lot of stuff we'll need! LOL

Well ONE of those checked luggage is nothing but stuff to put in FE's! Ooh I'm gonna have fun putting stuff in FE's. It's all loose stuff though- not in little bags I made or anything like I've read others doing- so no one will know it's from me but ohwell, I'll know. LOL
I can't believe it took up an entire suitcase... totally ridiculous. LOL And it weighs about 40lbs..... the heaviest of all our bags. (I'm sure that will be the one I have to carry along with atleast one carryon too) But atleast it will be empty on the way home! (well, maybe not empty...... I might "find" things to put in it. ;) )

oh and I can't find any info on this- can you carry cigs on carryon or checked luggage or both? I wonder why that's not on the list anywhere... atleast I can't find it. I did find that lighters can only be carryon.

Laurie (6122), Tracy (7628) an I (5013) will have updates posted on our cabin. DCL has told us that if we don't get the schedule until we board that it will be up to us to notify everyone. So we may have a huge game of "Telephone" going on...hopefully nothing gets lost on translation...knowing this group we'll end up with "free wine to naked pirates in Sessions"

:eek: No naked pirates, please...at least some clothes:confused3 ;)

These will be a blast if we can get them going:cool1:

snowwhiteteachamantofishcopy.jpg

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

To Anyone who can help me...............I am not good at posting links on here but I would love to share a spreadsheet that DH put together yesterday. He put it together for all our people at home who are interested in "tracking" us while we are gone. Its a spreadsheet of all the websites that folks can go to to see our ship while we are on it. It has the web addresses for the panama canal and all the ports that we could find plus some videos on you tube that we came across.

Can I email a copy of it to someone then they can post a link? Or of someone can walk me through step by step...............Thanks!!

THANK YOU all for your hard work in planning this TOAL!!

We are leaving tomorrow at 6:30 am.

See you on the ship!!

Oh, and I wanted to add that a part of our Family Talent Show will be teaching baton, so if you are interested in learning to twirl, sit in the front row and go wild :banana: :cool1: when we start looking for volunteers!!

Have a safe trip!! See you there!!:banana: :banana: :banana:

Good Morning! Ya'll are a chatty bunch of pirates! I'll never ketchup up! Oh, well I'll attempt to try.

I hope you are able to find a good place for Dante! I don't know where you live- but if I can find not one but TWO local places that are nice for our dog Tramp to stay-- when we live in small town rural Texas- I would imagine you could find a good place where you are? *fingers crossed*

Tramp stayed in one last time--- then found out thru the groomer there is one even closer so I went to meet the lady and check out the place. It may not be as nice as some places but honestly I have no idea how Tramp would do around other dogs in a free "dog park" type situation anyway. Probably okay- but he'd probably also just lay down and let some other dog tear him to bits if they wanted to. :confused3 The place we're taking Tramp is an indoor/outdoor kennel which is perfect for him because he canNOT stay outside in this heat all the time- he's an inside dog! He only goes outside to do his business and if we're outside he wants to be with us- the rest he's inside in the a/c. Yes our Texan dog is as spoiled as we are when it comes to a/c. The inside is a/c but he can go outside anytime he wants- next to but seperated from other dogs. They do have a play area but the dogs can't go there freely on their own so the lady would be there everytime she puts them in the play area to make sure they get along well. LOL (maybe that's what she meant by dog park type area?)
And this one is smaller- only 6 kennels (indoor/outdoor) so he should get even more attention- even though he did fine at the other one last time. This time we'll be gone longer, obviously.... so I hope he isn't traumatized by not having us around for such a long time. I mean he did fine at the last place but he's pretty attached to us- yanno? I hope that since we're gone such a LONG time this time that the poor doggy doesn't think we've left him there forever. :eek: :guilty:
We have no choice- there is no one else to keep him! So I hope he likes it and does okay like last time...

I live in Myrtle Beach. I am getting ready to leave now and check out a place. When we took our cruise in 06 Dante stayed at a place he was very familiar with. When we came back he had NO VOICE at all. He barked the entire time. Dante needs attention, he was well spoiled that way.:love: My tag tells the truth, he is like a child.

I think I've got it figured out- but I'll have to cross my fingers things don't get lost. Jeff's clothes take up the most room! His clothes (not even enough clothes for every day mind you.... I will have to do laundry during our trip) takes up an entire suitcase and a carryon! ugh

Do you think 3 carryons and 3 checked luggage is too much for the 4 of us (me and kids)? Plus the kids have little backpacks that will hold snacks/stuff to do during the flight as well- as their "personal bag/purse" allowance.
does that all sound like too much for the 4 of us? We will be leaving the 11th and returning on the 1st... so we're talking 3 weeks, that's a lot of stuff we'll need! LOL

Well ONE of those checked luggage is nothing but stuff to put in FE's! Ooh I'm gonna have fun putting stuff in FE's. It's all loose stuff though- not in little bags I made or anything like I've read others doing- so no one will know it's from me but ohwell, I'll know. LOL
I can't believe it took up an entire suitcase... totally ridiculous. LOL And it weighs about 40lbs..... the heaviest of all our bags. (I'm sure that will be the one I have to carry along with atleast one carryon too) But atleast it will be empty on the way home! (well, maybe not empty...... I might "find" things to put in it. ;) )

oh and I can't find any info on this- can you carry cigs on carryon or checked luggage or both? I wonder why that's not on the list anywhere... atleast I can't find it. I did find that lighters can only be carryon.

I don't think that is top much luggage. I am mailing my box of FE stuff today because I don't have room in luggage & weight factor.

Roger,
Thanks for the suggestions. Now I just have to contact them to find out which one to use to get to the port.
You might want to try Super Shuttle or Prime Time Shuttle. They are the most popular options to reach airports or ports.

To Anyone who can help me...............I am not good at posting links on here but I would love to share a spreadsheet that DH put together yesterday. He put it together for all our people at home who are interested in "tracking" us while we are gone. Its a spreadsheet of all the websites that folks can go to to see our ship while we are on it. It has the web addresses for the panama canal and all the ports that we could find plus some videos on you tube that we came across.

Can I email a copy of it to someone then they can post a link? Or of someone can walk me through step by step...............Thanks!!

I would try for you. PM sent.:cool1:

I lost my task bar AWWWWW!!

ReAnSt(Becky),and Caropooh (Carolyn).. is the scout badge for girl scouts or boy scouts.. and can you PM me with the info .. unless its to late already. I have a boy scout...

..lol

DH is a boy scout merit badge counselor.. let me know if you need him to bring merit badge cards..

Poor M! She's still traumatized by my screaming her name & grabbing her in a bear hug when I first met her at WDW. :rotfl:

I promise not to run up & hug anyone until AFTER they've drunk the kool aid! ;)

ohyeaman.GIF

I don't need any Kool Aid first, Diane. :hug:

DH is a boy scout merit badge counselor.. let me know if you need him to bring merit badge cards..

Has anyone figured out if there are any badges that fit?

The easiest requirement is for the World Citizenship badge which has talking with a Scout from another country about their customs, etc.

What else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter