• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow!!! I never realized you are not covered under your home owner's insurance.:headache: :headache:

We are still covered for a tornado which can also have massive destruction!!!:eek: :eek:

Safe assumption with insurance - there is an exclusion in your policy for the event that caused you damage and you will need to fight to recover any money.

oh...another reason i've been off the thread....been really sick with morning sickness....
yep...my screen name will change next february to wheelerkidz4!!! we are almost 10 weeks along, so i havent been feeling the best!! hopefully i'll be back to par by the time we sail!
here is a pic of our little peanut
scan-1.jpg

:grouphug: :grouphug:
:grouphug:

That is sooooooooo exciting!!! :)
:lovestruc

:lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc

Hope you feel better soon and GREAT for the TOAL!

Yippee!!

I love babies!!!!!!!

Well at least we know Stephanie will be eating at 8:00!!!!:rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

How expensive is your insurance in Florida???? We have friends who are on Tampa Bay and Pay over $10,000 for house insurance.:eek: :scared1: :eek:

Just got my packet from Nationwide (which was the only one to offer condo insusrance at the time).$640.Up from 360 in 2004. Now remember, this is for the contents. The association holds the insurance for the building and we pay thru the nose for that. That is the main reason the maintenance went from 125 to 250 in 8 years.

Impressive.
Adding earthquake insurance would more than double our premium in Alaska.
It doesn't make the news as much, but we get lots of rumbling up there. It goes nicely with the volcanos.

I wouldn't count on FEMA for much. :sad2:

Very true. We learned that here during the 2004 hurricanes

:surfweb:

G M pirate:

Presently 74 going up to 90 here in Central Florida with 50% chance of rain

:grouphug: :hug: pixiedust: and prayers to everyone who is going to need it today

15 Days to TOAL

Have a great Wednesday

Liz do you mean 15 days til you leave???

This is the point where I usually really anger our Congressional delegation, they ask me to speak on this issue then I tell the truth.

FEMA will NOT make you whole. Their individual assistance is capped at about $28,000. There are a bunch of subcaps, like $5,000 for home repairs or rental assistance.

The average FEMA payout for disasters since 2000 is about $3,000 - $4,000 total (per household).

Roger, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but FEMA is great at PR, lousy at actually providing assistance.

After Hurricane Charlie they were literally handing out $2000 checks right on the spot. But when the other 2 blew thru everything was stalled. Insurance is a necessity.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHERYL​

:cheer2: :cake: :cake: Sorry this is the best I can do on a cake!!1:bday: :bday: party: party: party:
Today you are an official senior

LUV YA,

Oh the Woot Off is still on .:scared: Another day tied to the computer.

Glad to hear all our CA friends are okay. My neighbor was on her way to Disneyland yesterday when the earthquake happened. She is there visiting her granddaughter. She called me after she got to Disneyland and said they were driving and didn't feel it, they didn't even know what happened until AFTER they bought their Disneyland tickets and got into a line for a ride. Another guest told them what happened. She was kind of mad she missed it, she wanted to know what it felt like. There was a small ground shaking here in VA one time. It was very eerie and scary, kids were playing outside and didn't feel it but I felt it in the house. It lasted all of about 5 seconds but it seemed longer so I know you Californians probably felt as if was 5 times as long as it was.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday - we leave for disneyland in exactly 2 weeks!!:banana:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHERYL!!!!!

pixiedust:
pixiedust: pixiedust:
:beach: :beach: :beach:
:wave2:
:jumping1:
party: party:
:bday: :bday: :bday:
:car: :drinking1 :love2:

Nicole

PS, I was going to try to learn how to post an image, so I typed happy birthday Cheryl in google images...there was a very interesting cake on the bottom left, I don't think I could post it without getting into a little bit of trouble. YIKES!:scared1: :scared1:

Congratulations Shannon.:goodvibes Hope you get to feeling better soon:flower3:

Glad to hear all our CA pirates are safe!!! We carry earthquake insurance, it's not very expensive here, but it carries a very high deductible.

Monica, good luck on your 2nd interview.:goodvibes

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday.:goodvibes

oh...another reason i've been off the thread....been really sick with morning sickness....
yep...my screen name will change next february to wheelerkidz4!!! we are almost 10 weeks along, so i havent been feeling the best!! hopefully i'll be back to par by the time we sail!
here is a pic of our little peanut
scan-1.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS! I am the youngest of four, so I always love to hear that someone is having their fourth -- I always wanted four but ended up with three -- hope you feel wonderful on the cruise!

Back by un-popular demand!

ATTENTION - PIRATES WHO ORDERED LANYARDS
[/SIZE]

And you were too nice to mention it, but we shouldn't forget to PAY you, too, right? Wasn't it $1 each and you preferred exact?

And you were too nice to mention it, but we shouldn't forget to PAY you, too, right? Wasn't it $1 each and you preferred exact?

Can't you just see her walking around DL and the ship with hundreds and hundreds of singles? Watch out, people will talk, people will talk...

Yup you guys have been chatty...............time to play " Ketchup". Our first board meeting was long last night, tonight is our meeting with management company. I am not much into titles, we are all really on same level. So for mine it is officially Vice-President. Back to important stuff.:surfweb:

Good Morning All,
Hope our California Pairates are doing well after the shake up.

On a serious note; This whole crew seems like a great bunch of family oriented people. Could I ask a favor? Would everyone please check out
the below website and if interested sign up. It's not a scam or anything like that. It just gives Law Enforcement another set of eyes out there when a child is aducted.

https://www.wirelessamberalerts.org/index.jsp

Thanks,

Hi Everyone!

We're back from the northwoods! The weather was beautiful and we had a few days to really relax before the craziness of the next couple of weeks begins. I see that you "only" added about 100 pages while we were gone ;) I don't know if I'll manage to ketchup of not - this is going to be a very busy few days.

My grandmother's 100th birthday party is on Sunday (actual birthday is Monday) and the out of town relatives are starting to arrive today. I still have a couple projects I need to get done for the big event. The biggest is a "poster" with a bunch of pictures of her. It has been a very difficult project - either she was the one taking the family photos or she just avoided pictures! I don't know which it was, but I have only found a couple dozen photos and I don't have anything of her as a child :sad2: (I do have a ton of her from the last few years when I started taking the photos!) This is supposed to be a surprise, so I wasn't able to go through any photos she has at her house, but I did have everything my father has and my aunt looked through some of hers also.

On Monday, DH has to leave on a business trip. He is heading to Renosa (probably spelled wrong!) Mexico - but he'll actually be staying on the US side of the boarder and going across each day. He won't be back until next Thursday. I suspect that when he gets back we'll get into last minute "get ready for cruise" PANIC mode :rotfl:

Pamela

:banana: :cool1: now that its getting closer i am reading the boards LOL :banana: :cool1: :woohoo:

diana

Welcome Aboard Diana ! :cheer2: Just jump right in.

Welcome Aboard! Better Late,than never girl!!

DisneyCruise274.jpg

Oh I can't wait for that drink.:woohoo:

I was not impressed with the H2O products. Didn't even bother to stash any from the last cruise. :confused3

Got an email and they are targeting the next interview for Tuesday. Said they will get back to me with the time either today or tomorrow.

Um ditto that! :scared:

The H20 products make great stuffing stockers.:rolleyes1 Good luck on interview !! I know it's tough trying to find a job before cruise.:wizard: :wizard:

:lmao:

Tina lost the quote where you were thanking me for Chuck's cake! Always glad to post a cake & make someone smile! :goodvibes

Sounds like you made the best decision if you are that relieved! :yay:

I have to look for a job soon after we get back too. I don't think we have to worry because I think the last thing anyone wants to thing about on the TOAL is work! Blech! :sad2:

1174598419-58832_full.jpg

Although it was difficult for me to leave the job before trip, I knew it was the right thing to do. Don't we just have enough to worry about?

Glad you finally decided to quit!!:yay: :yay: Pressure is off and let the party begin!!:banana: :banana:

I did my last cruise just before H2O products were used. I am still bringing my own just incase I don't like them.:headache:

I will be keeping everything crossed for you.:hug: :hug:

Glad you are all okay!!!:hug: :hug: I could really do without the experience of a quake while I am out there!!!:rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

:yay: :yay: :yay: I am ready. I always bring trial size stuff because I don't want to use the stuff on board. I want to save it all.

Be sure to read the first post of the threads you've requested in. Some of the designers are no longer customizing but allow you to take their blank designs and add your own words. Also look at the last several pages. If all you see are requests and no designs posted, then that person probably is not designing at the moment.

KristineN seems to not be designing right now. I have seen her post elsewhere but not on her cruise magnet thread. Not sure what's going on there.

I've gone through many photobucket accounts and picked out some blank designs. Once I get the time (yeah right!) I'll add my own words. A very simple way to do that is in PowerPoint. Open a blank template, insert the cruise picture of choice, insert a text box, add you words, choose your font, color, etc.

Thank you for the info. Maybe DH can help me this weekend.;)

OUR DOCS ARE HERE!!party: :dancer: party:

Congrats !:yay:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter