• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tux Update:
Well I "won" the tux with tails that I didn't want. Hmph. I sent a message to the seller right away telling him/her that I messed up and asked if I could possible switch it for a non-tails tux. This is the same seller I've already bought 2 tuxes from in the last month. No response. Just a bill because I won. I can't be mad - I'm the one who screwed up. I just thought since this is a huge seller every size listed all the time they may be able to switch for me. Oh well.

The good new is, I bought the wrong tux for the right kid! DS8 is my diva. He actually thinks the tails will be cool! Next, he'll want a freeking top hat and cane.

DS9 would have died if I made him wear tails.

Need to read more carefully, wasn't till I saw it was to Father Mike that I realized what kind of collar you were talking about :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Well, at least Crash hasn't found me on one of his "other" sites.

Since we are possibly adding DD i had to go get another black shirt.

When do you think you'll know if DD is in or not??
Does she know you're trying to add her back?

To track your cruise documents just go to ups.com and put your ressie # in the reference # space. Paula (pbader) say hi to my documents as they are in Louisville right now!

What do you put for the Ship Date Range or do you use the look-up with the big box?

Tux Update:
Well I "won" the tux with tails that I didn't want. Hmph. I sent a message to the seller right away telling him/her that I messed up and asked if I could possible switch it for a non-tails tux. This is the same seller I've already bought 2 tuxes from in the last month. No response. Just a bill because I won. I can't be mad - I'm the one who screwed up. I just thought since this is a huge seller every size listed all the time they may be able to switch for me. Oh well.

The good new is, I bought the wrong tux for the right kid! DS8 is my diva. He actually thinks the tails will be cool! Next, he'll want a freeking top hat and cane.

Mickey wears tails!!! LOL

THANKS!!!!!!:cool1:

It says:
UPS could not locate the shipment details for your request. Please verify your information and try again later.

Mine has been like that for a bit until just a few moments ago!

But it says there are two packages?!?
If it is the right one it should arrive on Monday...
Chrissie

Just checked my ressie and again they have changed time, 4 hour earlier and again NO e-mail notification!!!!

Arrrrrghhhh.

Hope they don't change it while I'm on the cruise.

Anyone flying Airtran should check their times

another question, since i'm sooo behind with everything...
KID'S POSTCARDS...
were some of you using a printing company to get these done? if so....who were you using?

Final Fish Extender list

PM me with corrections before August 9

Write last minute changes on the whiteboard on stateroom 6050

Hey, I don't mean to complain.......BUT.....
We are leaving on the 7th. Are the deck plans and all the other stuff from Ye Printshop going to be ready for me to print out BEFORE then???

realized i haven't yet gotten the tix for DL yet!!
have some of you gotten those special 3 day tix??
is there anyone here that could get some for us???? please let me know!

UGGHH!! I didn't do this either! I need to get 2 for DH and DS. If anyone is able to do this, can you please PM me? Thanks a bunch!

Evening Crew! Just pokin' my head in the door to say ARGH!

Sorry I haven't been around - been busy getting here, and meetin' with Caropooh, and Disfreaks. Boy, did we have a good time.

I got sick as a dog though. Well, actually, my dog's pretty gosh darn healthy - so I was sicker than a dog. We think something at the "Bite of Seattle" bit back. Landed at the Emergency Room that night, and the local urgent care clinic the next night. Morphine was my friend. Then, after two days of misery - it left as quick at it came. Go figure.:confused3 In any case it was alarming enough that DH postponed his trip home till Thursday, but went home today when it magically disappeared. (My next stop was a hospital in Bellevue if the pain reocurred.)

Looks like planning is well underway for everyone. There's no hope of catching up - so I'll just read the last 10 or so pages.

Poke at me if I've missed anything important.

Disappearing back into The Woods now....

YIKES! Glad to hear that you are feeling better.

Just checked on our documents, again. They're slowly making their way here... Orlando => Louisville => Nashville => Memphis => ??? They're due to arrive (via scenic route) on Friday. I guess they make the most of the "3 Day Select" service. :rotfl2:

Ours went from Orlando, to Louisville KY, to Sharonville OH, to Middleburg Heights OH and are now in Buffalo NY. Next stop is usually Syracuse and then on to Kingston.

Mickey wears tails!!! LOL

Good point!

Just checked my ressie and again they have changed time, 4 hour earlier and again NO e-mail notification!!!!

Arrrrrghhhh.

Mine only changed by 5 minutes (later).
I guess I'm not the only one concerned about showing up at the airport "on time" to discover that we've missed our flight.

Hey, I don't mean to complain.......BUT.....
We are leaving on the 7th. Are the deck plans and all the other stuff from Ye Printshop going to be ready for me to print out BEFORE then???

August 1 is the goal.

Evening all. See some have gotten the docs. :dance3:

Spoke to Cheryl and they just literally made the 3pm train to Michigan and they will be at the hospital very early. Seems he is allergic to the contrast and he broke out in a rash from the contrast dye so they have to give him some meds to prevent it from happening again. She is without internet and I told her I would keep her updated.

Tomorrow am off to the airport to drop off DS around 7 and then 2 medical appts and then pick up the dgks. Busy day. Nite all

Thanks for the update Arlene!

Most places that deal with tourists in developing countries usually clearly have marked on the menu that they use purified water even for washing salad items so you should be fine but if in doubt, ask for the drink with no ice.

The WHO has done a big push throughout the developing world about sanitation and most locals in these countries also boil their water before consumption - it makes them sick too. In Cambodia last year, there were pictorial signs everywhere from World Vision promoting boiling water for drinking and washing hands.

However, water may upset you as can a change of diet, just because it is different or richer from what you are used to. To be safe, especially if you have a sensitive stomach, make sure you only consume bottled drinks.

I've been to Peru, Cambodia, Viet Nam, Indonesia, Egypt, Tonga, Ecuador, Thailand and many other developing countries and have only been sick once - it was the mayonnaise on a cheese sandwich that got me. You'd think that a cheese sandwich would be "safe" :laughing:

I had to laugh at one guy on our Cambodia trip who was totally paranoid about "getting sick" - he only drank drinks without ice, but the ones he chose were made with coconut milk, he ate coconut milk curries for lunch and dinner, for breakfast he ate large quantities of fruit and porridge - he got an upset stomach very quickly - but purely due to sudden intake of fibre combined with the high fat content in the coconut milk. He though he was doing the right thing but actually if he'd just drank water and stirfry type dishes he probably would have been fine.

Good advice Paula! Thanks!

Evening Crew! Just pokin' my head in the door to say ARGH!

Sorry I haven't been around - been busy getting here, and meetin' with Caropooh, and Disfreaks. Boy, did we have a good time.

I got sick as a dog though. Well, actually, my dog's pretty gosh darn healthy - so I was sicker than a dog. We think something at the "Bite of Seattle" bit back. Landed at the Emergency Room that night, and the local urgent care clinic the next night. Morphine was my friend. Then, after two days of misery - it left as quick at it came. Go figure.:confused3 In any case it was alarming enough that DH postponed his trip home till Thursday, but went home today when it magically disappeared. (My next stop was a hospital in Bellevue if the pain reocurred.)

Looks like planning is well underway for everyone. There's no hope of catching up - so I'll just read the last 10 or so pages.

Poke at me if I've missed anything important.

Disappearing back into The Woods now....

Oh my Esteri! I am so sorry you were so ill, but glad to hear you are feeling better. Very scary stuff! :scared:

I have totally lucked out on my DDs fancy outfits. DD6 seems to fit in all the same outfits DD9 and their cousin wore on the last cruise we went on. Now I'm thinking I should get her a new dress so that she doesn't grow up thinking "oh look, even for the TOAL, I had to wear hand-me-downs" All her pictures she will be wearing what they wore. Do you think she will suffer any long term affects?:guilty:

No! Just pull the guilt card like I do. "Hey kid you're lucky we take you on these big Disney vacations!" Works like a charm! ;) :laughing:

Yeah that is what I was talking about..Brendan has some nice "dress" khaki's and I know he would rather wear those than pants....

Thanks!

Chrissie

That is most likely what Mike will be wearing. Nice khaki shorts with Polo type shirts.

I'm guessing it would be okay then for my DS to wear khaki shorts to dinner? I have 3 pairs of khaki pants that I was going to rotate for him with hawaiian/tropical shirts, but it would be nice to have the option of the shorts too.

I'm just stuck now for semi-formal and formal night. I was planning on getting him a suit or at least a nicer pair of pants, shirt and coat. But he's in a growth phase and is right between a size 7 and a size 8 right now and I can't find anything that fits him right.

My DS will be wearing all khaki shorts for dinner, excursions, etc. The only difference will be that he will wear nice collared shirts like DH for dinner & t-shirts on the excursions.

Originally Posted by eeyorelvr10

I am not eatting or drinking anything off the ship! Scary!
Maybe I'll just STAY ON the ship-LOL

Christiaan is the SWEETEST guy! We all just love him.

I was going to drink margaritas but maybe I should stick with straight tequila! :rolleyes1

Sorry, forgot to update everyone.

I think the call went well, but what do I know, it's been almost 10 years since I've interviewed anywhere. I believe that I'm overqualified. That doesn't bother me, but it may give them some hesitation. They even asked if it would bother me if I wasn't a manager anymore. I said that what I'm called doesn't matter, as long as I have a position that challenges me and I can do well. Her response "I have no doubt you could do this well" - that could be taken either way.

Next steps - they are completing the initial interviews today and should be calling tomorrow or early next week. There will be a 2nd interview, either phone or in person, with the department head and maybe a few others. After that, there may be a job shadow for a day then they'll make their decision.

Sounds encouraging Monica. I know way back when I was a "Group Leader", I hired someone that was way over qualified for the job, but she assured me that she had some very challenging situations at her last job & she really just wanted a job with a lot less stress. She ended up being one of our best employees. She took my job when I left after having my DD.

Tux Update:

M glad to hear your DS likes his tux. He will look so dapper! :cool1:

Arrrrrghhhh.

Actually that's good advice for everyone. I know Jet Blue doesn't always notifiy me in a timely manner so I will be sure to double check before we leave.

realized i haven't yet gotten the tix for DL yet!!
have some of you gotten those special 3 day tix??
is there anyone here that could get some for us???? please let me know!

I can get them for you....let me know in a PM if you want me to and I will send you my info.

YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!
piratesmilie-thumb.gif

Yes they do!:thumbsup2

Thanks to everyone who has done so much to make this cruise truly a TOAL!

Sorry, forgot to update everyone.

I think the call went well, but what do I know, it's been almost 10 years since I've interviewed anywhere. I believe that I'm overqualified. That doesn't bother me, but it may give them some hesitation. They even asked if it would bother me if I wasn't a manager anymore. I said that what I'm called doesn't matter, as long as I have a position that challenges me and I can do well. Her response "I have no doubt you could do this well" - that could be taken either way.

Next steps - they are completing the initial interviews today and should be calling tomorrow or early next week. There will be a 2nd interview, either phone or in person, with the department head and maybe a few others. After that, there may be a job shadow for a day then they'll make their decision.

I'm keeping fingers and toes crossed for you Monica!

Tux Update:

I have images of Fred Astaire dancing, and Gene Wilder & "The Monster" singing "Putting on the Ritz" in Young Frankenstein. Yes, I have a very twisted mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter