8.10am Crystal Palace breakfast. What time would you arrive?

evekarnin24

Earning My Ears
Hey so we booked CP on April 23rd and it says MK opens for early entry at 8.30am. What time would you get to Magic Kingdom for an 8.10am reservation?

Was hoping to get castle pics etc before everyone floods in. Will they let us in a bit early? If so, how do you go about skipping the queues already there waiting on early entry at 8.30? Staying on site if it matters. Thank you.

Yes, they will let you in early if you have an ADR that is before official opening time. I'd get to the gate about 7:45

Are you staying onsite or offsite? If onsite, I would recommend being at your resort transportation at 7AM in order to be on one of the first MK buses. Much later than that and you would likely arrive to a long line waiting to go to MK.

I'm not sure if they allow ADR guests to enter the park earlier any longer. If ETPE begins at 8:30, guests will be permitted into the hub earlier than that and they will grant access to the park for ETPE guests from the hub, starting at 8:30.

Are you staying onsite or offsite? If onsite, I would recommend being at your resort transportation at 7AM in order to be on one of the first MK buses. Much later than that and you would likely arrive to a long line waiting to go to MK.

I'm not sure if they allow ADR guests to enter the park earlier any longer. If ETPE begins at 8:30, guests will be permitted into the hub earlier than that and they will grant access to the park for ETPE guests from the hub, starting at 8:30.
On site at Art of animation, not hiring a car. Thanks for the advice. Can I clarify what you mean about not letting ADR guests in the park earlier ? My reservation is before Early Park entry

on a recent early entry at epcot, i saw CMs with signs directing and checking guests who had early breakfast ADRs. i didn't notice how this worked at MK.

also main street and the hub will probably be open by 8am if ETPE begins at 8:30. and on a recent adventureland rope drop, i think we were held right in front of crystal palace.

if you're asking whether you'll be able to get in ahead of all the early rope drop crowds? i doubt it, but most people are walking past the hub to wait for fantasyland at that time, so you should be able to get some clean shots.

Yes your reservation is before Early Theme Park Entry but all guests are permitted into the front of the park, as far as the hub, before Early Entry begins. You will be permitted into the park to go to your dining reservation for 8:10 but I would not count on having an empty park to take pictures as others will be in the park too, awaiting the start of ETPE.

Prior to ETPE, ADR guests were permitted into the park early so had the luxury of pics with a nearly empty park. Since ETPE began, the holding place is the hub, not outside the train station.

on a recent early entry at epcot, i saw CMs with signs directing and checking guests who had early breakfast ADRs. i didn't notice how this worked at MK.

also main street and the hub will probably be open by 8am if ETPE begins at 8:30. and on a recent adventureland rope drop, i think we were held right in front of crystal palace.

if you're asking whether you'll be able to get in ahead of all the early rope drop crowds? i doubt it, but most people are walking past the hub to wait for fantasyland at that time, so you should be able to get some clean shots.
Not particularly asking that, really just wondering what I actually have to do lol. Would be nice to get some shots a little less crowded than normal I guess but not a must. Thanks so much for the help. I didn't actually realise main street would open earlier than ETPE

Yes your reservation is before Early Theme Park Entry but all guests are permitted into the front of the park, as far as the hub, before Early Entry begins. You will be permitted into the park to go to your dining reservation for 8:10 but I would not count on having an empty park to take pictures as others will be in the park too, awaiting the start of ETPE.

Prior to ETPE, ADR guests were permitted into the park early so had the luxury of pics with a nearly empty park. Since ETPE began, the holding place is the hub, not outside the train station.
Okay thank you this is super helpful! I didn't realise this. I assumed everyone was held out of the park. What time would you arrive if you were me?

Not particularly asking that, really just wondering what I actually have to do lol. Would be nice to get some shots a little less crowded than normal I guess but not a must. Thanks so much for the help. I didn't actually realise main street would open earlier than ETPE
the hub (the big open circular area in front of the castle) will still be much less crowded at that hour than any time before late night, so it's not a bad idea for pics.

i think you are fine leaving AoA as early as 7am or as late as 7:30 honestly. you're not trying to be at the front of rope drop so there's no huge benefit to beating the masses. but if you're going to be anxious about your ADR time, then leave earlier.

Okay thank you this is super helpful! I didn't realise this. I assumed everyone was held out of the park. What time would you arrive if you were me?
You can't really control what time you will arrive at the MK as all of that is based on what time you can board a bus at AoA. Because of this I would recommend you arrive at the AoA bus stop at 7AM. This will put you on one of the earliest buses leaving AoA. Buses will likely not be running yet but, the line for the bus will form quickly and this will position you to be on one of the first buses that leave AoA for MK.

As a rule of thumb, to be towards the front of any Early Entry crowd, it is recommended you arrive at your resort transportation 90 mins before Early Entry begins.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter