• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

7AM EMH AK but 8AM FOP

fujamaga

Mouseketeer
I was able to snag an 8am FOP FP, but AK has EMH for 7AM. Touring plans is telling me to RD Navi and then wait 40 minutes there until I can use my FOP FP. Does that sound right to you? I feel like it's wasting the entire EMH time. But then again, I have two kids (6 and 8) so I'm not sure how fast they would have to walk to a different land and then return back to FOP. Any suggestions?

Either do NRJ and chill or do not start in Pandora for EMH.
AK is the biggest park and it takes a lot of walking to get from one thing to another.
I wouldn't go from NRJ to say Dinosaur and back.

I wouldn't do that.
You could at the very least ride NRJ twice, then do your FoP.
If you are rope-dropping, though, I'd rope drop FoP, ride NRJ standby, then back for a 2nd FoP with FP while you're in the area.
OR head to EE, do that 2 or 3 (or 4) times then head over for FoP. We rope dropped EE a couple years ago and the kids ended up walking on EE like 6 times in a row. DH and I just watched as we can't handle more than twice. LOL.

If your FP is at 8am, you can use it up till 9:15, so I think you’d actually have enough time to ride NRJ and then go do at least one other thing and get back to use the FP if you wanted to.

If you want to eliminate a lot of criss crossing then take your time getting to NRJ. Stop and do Tree of Life photos and aim to ride NRJ at 7:30. Take some photos in and around Pandora and then hit your FoP FP. Remember that there is quite a bit of a trek into just to get over to Pandora. Take your time and enjoy the walk.

We arrived at 6:55 for 7am EMH last year. NRJ was walk on almost the entire hour. It was pretty cold though and that might have kept people away. We went over to Starbucks and rode EE before heading back toward Safaris at 8:30.

If you don't mind walking you can get quite a bit done in those 2 hours. As a pp said, you have until 9:15 to tap into FoP. Just don't forget to enjoy the beauty of the park itself!

Ours is 8:40, so we're going to do Navi then the Safari, than back for fop. You probably have time to do that also.
Agree-just for fun I created a personalized touring plan on the TP website, not knowing your date I plugged in September 30, about 60 days from when you posted, and it shows that if you rope drop Navi River, you could be at the Safari ride about 730, and back to FOP a little after 8. That sounds reasonable to me. You should have plenty of time to get those two headliners out of the way during the EMH before park opening at 8, and still have extra time built in until your fast pass window closes.

Ours is 8:40, so we're going to do Navi then the Safari, than back for fop. You probably have time to do that also.

This is a good plan, but you will still have to walk back to the "hub" of AK to get around to Africa. The back path shortcut from Pandora to Africa will not be open that early in the morning. It MAY be open when it's time to go back for your FP, but you may also have to do the long walk around then as well.

We love FoP. I’d rope drop FoP then ride FoP with the fast pass.

Just want to remind everyone that rope dropping FoP even on a 7 a.m. EMH morning does NOT mean getting to the park right before 7:00. You still need to be getting to AK about 45 min before rope drop in order to be at the front of the crowd waiting for it.
NOW, once AK and MK and HS all start having EEMH every day, that may not be the case, but until that starts and we see some reports back, I'd plan on that early arrival to do FoP.

I would do Safari first and then Navi. We did Navi and then Safari and by the time we got to Safari we waited close to 90 minutes (posted wait time was only half an hour, but was not accurate). My sense was that everyone from the initial FOP rush went to safari after and clogged it up. By rope dropping you could walk on to safari, be done by 7:30-ish, then head to Pandora and catch Navi right before they let in the regular park guests, and then do your FP for FOP when done.

Just want to remind everyone that rope dropping FoP even on a 7 a.m. EMH morning does NOT mean getting to the park right before 7:00. You still need to be getting to AK about 45 min before rope drop in order to be at the front of the crowd waiting for it.

This is precisely what we did Christmas 2017. May have actually been there one hour prior to rope drop (non-emh as I recall). Ended up being in the initial queue, rode FoP, Used FP for FoP. Rest of the Park was ours to dominate with relative ease for next 2-3 hours or so using combo of remaining 2 FP and standard lines. Then off to Sanaa for lunch!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter