• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

79 days out. What do I need to do? I know nothing

Mommy2Logan

Mouseketeer
First time on DCL and about 23 years since I last cruised.

I’m 79 days out from merrytime thanksgiving cruise.

Do I book stuff soon? I thought I read something about 75 days out but have no idea where or how I do that. Is it like Disneyworld where you have to get up at 4am to book? How do I do this? Where can I research the options?

Sorry, I’m clueless , just booked this on a whim. Traveling alone w my seven year old son who will be almost 8.

Yes you can start booking at 75 days (when the countdown says 74 days 23 hours 59 minutes) you can book things like excursions, spa on board activities, as a first time cruise it will most likely be.limited as previous cruisers can log in earlier

Yes, midnight Eastern time is when your 75 days start to book port adventures and "onboard fun." As the PP mentioned; concierge, platinum, gold, and silver members already booked things, so don't feel like you have to stay up late, you could just book when you wake up in the morning. I do think some excursions will still be available. Alcohol tastings/Palo will mostly be full (but more will be available when you board.). Not sure what is available for booking right now, pre Covid you could get free Tix for a princess meet and greet (royal gathering), a Frozen gathering, and character breakfast (cruises 7 nts or more). (These were not available for my June cruise, but I think at least one character meet and greet is back now-- note there are still plenty of chances to see characters, these free Tix just let you see multiple characters with just 1 line.)

Just wanted to add that even though DCL has extended the final payment date to 60 days for unrestricted categories on cruises through March 31, 2023, you must be paid in full in order to do any bookings.

There's really not a lot you HAVE to do. We usually book Palo (extra $ dining). I don't do the spa, drink things or makeovers. All the shows, trivia, games are free and open so no worries there. The gym is open. You will have chosen your dinner time when you reserved.

At 30 days out you start your check-in which involves passports, COVID shots proof, and you get your port arrival time. People obsess about this and whine if it's 30 minutes later than they want. But, the boat is not leaving until we are all onboard and you can't get to your room til a certain time anyway. No biggie.

Then you get to worry about packing. Pack half of what you think you need!

Make sure you have a State-issued birth certificate (or unexpired passport) for both you and son.

(Check to see if you need any proof of right to take your minor son out of the country. I don’t know all the rules, but I took a death certificate for my BIL and notarized permission from my sister when I took my nieces.).

Someone on this forum should have experience.

Just to follow up, like Travel60 said, you don't necessarily need to book anything at the 75 day mark. Many of the things you can book are adult activities like the adults-only restaurants, spa treatments, and drink tastings that might not (or might!) be something you'd want to do, and often cost extra $. There are also some activities for kids (depending on the cruise) that need a reservation. But, you can (and many do) cruise just fine with none of those things. If you are going to want to do any Disney-organized excursions at a port, you do need to book those. But, some people don't do any port excursions, either (just stay on board or walk around on their own).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter