75 Room Nights

TInk218

Earning My Ears
Has anyother Brides out there had and trouble reaching the 75 room nights if you have over 75 guests?? :rolleyes2 This is a big problem for our wedding especially since we are local and a lot of our guest live in the Orlando area. I dont want to push anyone to stay and Disney if they dont want to but 75 seems to be an awful lot! Any suggestions would be great! Thank you!

I didn't have any problem...but I had only two families local--everyone else was from out of town. Remember that all of your nights count that you stay, any that your bridal party stay, parents...plus, it is nice to spend the night there and not have to worry about driving--i think that is common even for local weddings. Plus, if you get close...let people on disboards know that you are looking to fill a requirement...people will be happy to help you with your discounted rooms;-)

We had a lot of family traveling for out wedding, and right up until the deadline, I was worried about meeting the room block. We had a lot of people sharing rooms, and others who stayed on site. In the end though, we managed to meet our room block. If you are really concerned about it talk to your sales manager. Other brides have gotten Disney to lower the room night requirement in similar circumstances.

Yea we asked her about it and she told us since we are looking at a Saturday they are not able to work with it. They can on any other day that is not a Saturday :sad2:

We were pleasantly surprised at how easy it was for us to meet our room block. I thought it might be hard, but we were thrilled when we saw that we made it. Remember to count your room before the wedding, for the honeymoon, your parents’ room before the wedding, etc. If any of your guests are staying at WDW but not in one of your blocked resorts, you can give your EM their reservations numbers and they will count toward your block as well. With our honeymoon and my parents’ room included, I think we had about 15 room nights alone. If you still have a problem meeting the requirement, ask on the DIS—I’m sure someone would love a discounted room. :)

Keep in mind that you don't need as many room nights as you do guests. For example, and in a perfect world, you would have 100 wedding guests all married and all staying for one night. So, you would only need 50 room nights... not 100. Hopefully you didn't make that mistake on your math.

I originally thought we'd need 50 room nights. With 70 guests, we had a 25-night minimum. My parents & I and my groom used up 15 of those ALONE!

Our honeymoon, and before the wedding, were ALL counted towards our room block. They are willing to waive the room guarantee if you give up the complimentary room night (which is worth big bucks.. we weren't wanting to do that!). It's not hard to meet the room requirement. We only had about 6 rooms other than ours, booked at Disney. Everyone else stayed OP or lived locally.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter