7 park days maximum - which parks would you go to?

maxiv

the guy from overseas
A little context:

I haven't been to WDW since 2012.
In the meantime I've been to Disneyland once for 4 days and Tokyo Disney also for 4 days.

My GF and I will be at WDW for 12 days later this year, Nov 28th - Dec 10th (assuming we'll be allowed to enter the country by then....).
We purchased 7 day park tickets (the maximum currently) and got Park Passes for the following parks with days:

MK: 2 days
HS: 2 days
AK: 2 days
EP: 1 day

Even though I've seen Galaxy's Edge at Disneyland last year (without Rise), my girlfriend hasn't. I am quite sure that Hollywood Studios will be our favourite park.
on the other hand, Epcot seems not to have too much to offer right now, and Ratatouille might not be open by then.
In Magic Kingdom, I know most of the ride very well by now (all the mountains, pirates, jungle cruise), but I haven't ridden Mine Train yet.
Other than that, I don't think there's too much at MK that I'll be suuuuper excited about.

So my question:
How would you allocate the 7 park days and why?
Currently I'm thinking about reducing MK to 1 day and spend 3 days at HS.
I'm looking forward to AK since we're also staying at AKL for 6 nights, and I haven't seen quite a few things yet - Harambe Market, Pandora, Tiffins.

Im eyeing an early December trip for 10 days. My choices are:

MK: 1
E: 2
HS: 2
AK: 2
Two days of travel & 1 day of Orlando

I chose only 1 day at MK because honestly, its my least fave park. I worked there in the CP & Im a bit 'over it.' I do like hitting the rides & having a walkabout but 1 day is enough for me. Since Im traveling solo, I can easily check out the new rides Ive not been on & have a good wander to look at aesthetic details Ive missed when its crowded. Food options are currently extremely limited, so Ill get my Dole Whip & a QS plant-based dish & move it along.

I will be there about the same time you will. My plan is
MK - 2
AK - 2
EP - 2
DHS - 1

DLR is my home park (and I've been to Tokyo Disney as well) so my favorites will always be AK and EP at WDW because there are no other Disney parks like them. I don't feel the rush to get things done at those parks and just causally enjoy the atmosphere like the animal trails at AK or the pavilions at EP.
Before GE and Toy Story, DHS was my least favorite park. I'm just not into all the shows. I haven't yet experienced GE so that is where I think I'll be spending most of my day. I plan to for sure try Slinky Dog but the other two rides in that area are similar or exact ones at California Adventure. So I'm okay with skipping those.
MK will always be a 2 day park. It has all the classic rides and I can ride the People Mover multiple times.
I think whatever you decide you are going to have a great time!

I think it depends on your preferences! Personally I would do 2 in EP and 1 in AK, 2 MK, 2 HS but it would be a tough call. This is why I get park hoppers! A few years ago we stayed at CR and started every morning rope-dropping at MK and then going to a different park once it started getting crowded. It worked out really well!

I think it depends on your preferences! Personally I would do 2 in EP and 1 in AK, 2 MK, 2 HS but it would be a tough call. This is why I get park hoppers! A few years ago we stayed at CR and started every morning rope-dropping at MK and then going to a different park once it started getting crowded. It worked out really well!

I loved park hoppers because of that. I like doing MK or AK in the mornings and then EP or DHS in the afternoons. Too bad hoppers are not possible this year. It's totally understandable but I don't get the 7 day limitation.

I usually get a Park Hopper pass and go where I want. I found on my last trip I spent about 2 and a half days in Epcot, The same for Disney Studios, and the other days
split between MK and AK. I did go to three parks during one of the days. (This was in January) I am not sure if that is possible right now.

Fortunately I purchased an 8-day pass before Covid for a December trip. I actually have 3 days for HS....2 full and 1 for departure day. We have a first timer with us who loves Star Wars. I figured that with 3 days in the park, I should be lucky at least one of them to get a Boarding Group! It also seems to be the park that the reservations get filled up the quickest so I figure if we find we don't need 3rd day, maybe we can change to another park.

My breakdown:
HS - 3 (includes 1 departure day)
MK - 2
EP - 2 (includes arrival day)
AK -1

Like other have pointed to...its a preference type of decision. What rides, food, experiences do you want to define your vacation, especially with Park Hoppers not being an option right now. Staying at AKL would play a part in my decision and even more if I have rides I want to ride more than one or two times. I would also consider the Christmas celebration cancellations playing a factors as there are no parties, no typical parades, Gingerbread decorations, fireworks or candlelight processions. Normally, I would place more on MK and Epcot, but under current operations I would shift more to the ride factor and if the park can hold your interest all day...we also normally do park hopper tickets. I think your distribution is fine, but I always lean a little toward Epcot for food in the park hopper world

I would choose the same thing you did originally. If I changed anything, I would change the Epcot day to another MK day. That is because I bring kids who like action and Epcot doesn't have much for them to do.

I would only do one day in AK, especially if you get a FP for Flight of Passage. I would say multiple days at Epcot if the restaurants are operating at normal and then 2 each for MK and HS. I wouldn’t plan on full days at HS but it’s hard to get in all the rides in just one day now. With the extra time, I would hit the skyliner and visit some resorts.

I would only do one day in AK, especially if you get a FP for Flight of Passage. I would say multiple days at Epcot if the restaurants are operating at normal and then 2 each for MK and HS. I wouldn’t plan on full days at HS but it’s hard to get in all the rides in just one day now. With the extra time, I would hit the skyliner and visit some resorts.
There are currently no FPs for Flight of Passage or any other ride, and that's unlikely to change by November. I also don't expect restaurants to be operating at normal by then. Under current conditions, HS, as the busiest park, may need two full days. OTOH, for OP to be travelling by November, "current conditions" will have to have improved for the better. If I was planning this trip, I'd probably make park reservations as OP suggested, one day at Epcot and two days at each of the others. I'm assuming Ratatouille will not be open by then.

DH and I go in November with 2 days at each park except 1 at Epcot.

If I had 7 park days, I would do 2 days each at MK/HS/EP and 1 at AK. Personally, AK is my least favorite park and we don't generally take advantage of a lot of the walking trails and things like that. You can do Flight of Passage, Navi, Kilimanjaro, Kali, Everest, Dinosaur (some more than once) in one day. If Festival of the Lion King and Finding Nemo are open, it might make things a bit tighter, but I would still prefer a second day at all of the other parks, especially if traveling during F&W.

7 days for me:
MK: 3
AK: 1
HS: 2
Ep: 1

In my opinion, the only parks at WDW that can truly take up a whole day are Epcot and the Magic Kingdom. HS might be close as well with the opening of GE & TSL.

I doubt you'll get to park hop, but if I could I'd do it like this:
MK: 2 full days, 1 morning.
Ep: 1 full day, two evenings at World Showcase
AK: 2 mornings
HS: 1 full day, 1 evening

Oh and definitely spend a day at Typhoon Lagoon / Disney Springs if the weather cooperates, and an evening at the Boardwalk. Also, we've always enjoyed mini golf at Fantasia Gardens.

I like your plan we are staying for 10 days in June and I have 3 dats in MK, 2 days ins Animal Kingdom 2 days in Hollywood and only 1 in Epcot (to much not done) and I have been arm twisted by the girls into 2 days at Universal. But your plan looks very good.

It has been the same amount of time for me since I was last at WDW and I am the type who must know everything about all the changes. I have been watching all the videos and HS has me more excited than anything I have seen! For memories sake we are going to do 2.5 days at MK but we also think of AK as just a big zoo so we skip that. We are doing 2 days at HS ourselves this trip but I am contemplating a 3rd day or at least that we can park hop again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter