7 days in oct?

minimog

Earning My Ears
Hi guys

I am seriously tempted to go to wdw for 7 days in october half term. I have 2 questions:

1- I cant book until I know which school dd5 will be going to in september. I find out in april (possibility of having to appeal as there is one school I will not acceptin our area). Is this too late to book? Does this sell out, id definitely want to go to mnsshp. Dh isnt so keen on just going for a week. Going to need some convincing!

2- is it worth going for only 7 days?

Still planning on going july 15 but I really would love dd to spend her 5th birthday at wdw, it would be so special for her! Her birthday would be the first full day.

Hi, we have previously been for 7 nights a couple of times now and apart from the jet lag loved every minute, you should hopefully still be able to find a deal in April and there won't be a problem in buying the tix for MNSSHP as I don't think they were released until April/May last year and it's def worth doing! :)

Debs xx

We are hoping o do a short trip in October this year too. We did 10 days last year which was great but this year we can only do 8 due to flights and dd starting secondary school . We bought our MNSSHP tickets in the summer for late October

So far I'm struggling to find direct flights from Manchester to Mco on the day I need to fly. Hmmm. Found one going to Sanford but I'm not sure how long transfers are from there. Also found some that involve a change in Washington.

Prices seem not much less than for 2 weeks as well. Shame *** I'd love to experience Halloween at disney, and our council states a week for oct half term holidays.

Looked at beach holidays in Europe but it all pales in comparison to wdw!

we have visited in October Half-term for just the seven days four times and it is sooooo worth doing. having said which the flights get very full very quickly and on two occasions we have tried to book four months or so in advance and been unable to get direct flights. On another occasion we were trying for four months and then were very lucky to get available flights from BA two weeks in advance but very over-priced.

Can't you contact the possible schools and check what holidays they have and hope they are the same?

Found flights going from LHR to MCO on the day we want to go, with a change in washington there and chicago on the way back. Unfortunately the flights mean that both travelling days will be just that and no time to go to the parks etc, which leaves us with 5 days. So that makes me wonder if we should just stick with july next year. Seems so far away!

Shorter trips are great if you go regularly - we did 7 nights last year and have 9 nights planned in September.

It's worth forcing yourself to stay awake on the first night though so your sleeping pattern adjusts. Just don't overdo it like my DH did and spend the flight home on an oxygen mask from passing out through over exertion lol!

After a lot of discussion, searching for flights and consideration, we've decided to stick to the original plan of july 2015.

The cost differnce between 1 and 2 weeks swayef me in the end. Its not much less for 1 week and 2 days of that week would be used for travelling.

Im so excited to book our summer 15 trip, disney & potter= heaven!! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter