7 Day Treasure vs. Back To Back Wish

I would recommend a longer cruise. My kids loved the kids clubs and spent a lot of time playing with friends. So much so that our entire dinning room of kids were friends and would go up to the band at Tiana's place and dance (MDR on Wonder). The characters are amazing. The most magical thing was when my daughter's went to meet princess Tiana and she remembered her from the night before and told her she was a good dancer and asked to learn some of her moves. I have never had such good interactions in the parks. The week gives them the time to get to know your kids and create some magic. There is nothing better than a Disney princess remembering you. I went on the Wonder and I know it's the oldest ship but its very well taken care of, the shows were magical and the magic was top notch.

I've never done a b2b and I always have done my cruises based on itinerary since my family likes the longer cruises. The only thing that might be worthwhile for b2b would be to get more cruises in to reach another castaway level. But it's good to think about if you would really want to repeat similar stuff or not based on doing a b2b.

Perhaps, but the Dream and Magic are in FLL and PC (respectively) into June 2025, so that makes me think the Fantasy will be sent over to Europe for the summer months.
Agree, the Fantasy’s last cruise from PC ends on May 4th and the Magic’s first is May 7th. Plus the Fantasy was spotted on the Athens port schedule.

I've never been on DCL but DVC member and longtime Disney fan (I could go every 6 months). Family of 4 w/ 2 girls 7/10. I ship is important to us so we are considering the updated Wish/Treasure. Unfortunately, Wish is only 3-4 days but I prefer the theme of Wish better. Any negatives for back-to-back Wish?
Don't overthink the ship "theme". Book the Treasure.

I've never been on DCL but DVC member and longtime Disney fan (I could go every 6 months). Family of 4 w/ 2 girls 7/10. I ship is important to us so we are considering the updated Wish/Treasure. Unfortunately, Wish is only 3-4 days but I prefer the theme of Wish better. Any negatives for back-to-back Wish?
BLUF: We vote seven day

We are a Family of four with two girls. We have completed two B2Bs on the Dream and one on the Wish. We chose the Dream B2Bs because timing, cost and 4X Castaway Cay (post covid). Ship was empty, awesome cruises. We did the Wish B2B because we wanted to be on the new ship but for more than four days. We had the same room on all B2Bs so we didn't have to move.

Main advantages of B2Bs are multiple stops at CC and having the ship to ourselves for a couple hours on turn around day. On the Dream we had the aqua duck to ourselves for 2 hours before anyone else showed up. It was post COVID and there were only 1K on the sailing. We ran to the aqua mouse to find that it didn't open till 1pm :(.

We prefer seven day sailings. Totally different cruise IMO. Much more entertainment variety, get the know the crew better and a more laid back vibe. Now that we have experienced the Wish, we would take a seven day Fantasy cruise over a Wish B2B. For us, the Wish is not better, it is just different.

Why is CC so important?
Everyone in the Family loves CC. Great beaches with everything you need very nearby. BBQ Lunch and Ice Cream included. Kids club if yours are into it. Plenty to do or nothing to do, either way we love it. Easy on and off the ship, just a great day. Other beaches like Magens Bay are fantastic, but a ways from the ship and you pay for transportation, chairs, umbrellas, food, etc. We find the sand is better on the far family beach just before the cabanas.

I did a B2B (3 and 4 night cruises) on another cruise line but my biggest pain point will apply here - we had to go to muster twice. I absolutely despise the muster. I hated that I had to go through it twice since it had only been a few days since I last did it. That alone will prevent me from doing a B2B of two short cruises again.

What about a 7 day that goes to both Castaway Cay and Lighthouse Point.

I see everyone is talking about the repeat of shows as a downside BUT on the other hand when you do a B2B if your too tired to see a show on your 1st sailing you can miss it without actually missing it because you'll have another chance to see it again. 3 and 4 day cruises are so rushed so guests who do B2B actually get to relax instead of trying to jam pack everything in.

I see everyone is talking about the repeat of shows as a downside BUT on the other hand when you do a B2B if your too tired to see a show on your 1st sailing you can miss it without actually missing it because you'll have another chance to see it again. 3 and 4 day cruises are so rushed so guests who do B2B actually get to relax instead of trying to jam pack everything in.

Honestly we never made it to a show on our first cruise....maybe we'll go in February, maybe we won't.

What about a 7 day that goes to both Castaway Cay and Lighthouse Point.

Wonderful. We are booked for a 6-night that does 2 stops at CC and one at LP, with a stop at Nassau And a Sea Day. Really looking forward to it.

Why is CC so important?

Private island. Step off the ship to no one trying to sell you anything.

Short tram ride or leisurely walk to one of two beaches (including one exclusively 18+).

Little wave action or tidal pull. Makes it nearly effortless.

Loungers and umbrellas are set up and waiting - and free.

Lunch with soft serve and sodas included.

Clean restrooms.

I have yet to hear a story of bags bring rifled through or items stolen.

Towels provided. Plenty of lifeguards. Clean sand, raked daily.

Music is not blaring.

My perfect beach day.

(There’s also Disney shops, a kids’ area, Stingray interaction and other excursion$, and low-key bars).

Wonderful. We are booked for a 6-night that does 2 stops at CC and one at LP, with a stop at Nassau And a Sea Day. Really looking forward to it.
We are booked on the Dream for 5 nights in December with stops at both CC and LP. Can't wait.

Apparently an unpopular opinion, but we were happy with the B2B on the Wish despite the short time between menus and repeated shows. We did not go to the shows twice, opting to schedule other events on either the first or second time. It worked out well for us…but the early rising between cruises was annoying. Not a deal breaker though.

A B2B on the Wish does not sound fun to me. The Disembark/Embark day is a no go for me on such a short itinerary

We have done both a B2B on the Wish (for the same reason, 4 day was too short to be worth it) as well as a 7 day on the Fantasy. Personally, I kind of liked the fact that things repeated. As mentioned, it meant we could do a dinner at Enchante (FANTASTIC btw, at least as a vegetarian) and not miss out on a main dining room menu, and we could get different things on the ones that did repeat. We chose not to get off the ship for the second Castaway Cay and really enjoyed having the ship more or less to ourselves. My son got to ride the Aquamouse on loop like five times in a row without getting off, I got to swim in that adult infinity pool with maybe one other person there, it was great. So it really just depends -- the repeating can be a boon if you use it to your advantage, but obviously if you want the variety of seven different menus and shows (or different ports), then it will be a drawback.

All that being said, the hump day in the middle where we had to disembark was more annoying than I had anticipated, we really didn't get that much time with the ship to ourselves before new people started getting on. And I wouldn't do it if I couldn't get the same room on both sailings because packing up and unpacking again would suck. Lastly, if you have kids of an age where they make friends, they'd have to say goodbye to those friends much sooner than on a straight 7-night.

Really though, I think you'll have an awesome time no matter what you pick!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter