7 AM EMH at the MK--Awesome or horrible?

PHamrick

Mouseketeer
My family and I will be at WDW during the Spring Break week and probably going to hit MK on a Tuesday (3/31). *IF* there is a 7 am EMH is it worth doing? FWIW, I've got younger kids who tend to get up in the 6 am hour regardless. And we would leave the parks at/before dinner time (6 pm) regardless. Any experience with a 7 am EMH??? THANKS!

Love it! I am a teacher assistant so I am up at 500am M-F for school. I use the EMH to go with our autistic son so we can go on rides with little or no wait. If your kiddos are up then I would suggest going before the crowds start arriving.
Elizabeth

They are awesome.

In our experience, we have always been able to do 10-12 major attractions by 10AM or so, and there's nothing quite like strolling through Frontierland when that opens at 8 with almost nobody around knowing that a few hours later it will be packed.

You have to try it at least once to see how it works for you, but we seek these days out. After doing rides nonstop for 3-4 hours, and early lunch, and maybe seeing the noon parade (which they often have during the holidays), we are ready for a break at the resort by early afternoon. With FP+ we would make reservations in the early evening when the parks are still crowded and enjoy some more major attractions.

We loved 0700 EMH Rope Drops. Well, we did not like getting up that early but once in the park, it was great. :lmao:

We rode Test Track five times in a row one morning and few times they let us stay in the car since there was NO ONE in line. One of the kids and I rode RRRC three times and Mickey help me, ToT twice. :sad2::rotfl2:

The DIS has the park opening times listed and MK is opening at 0900 on 3/31/2015. They have evening EMH for an extra two hours until 0100 in the morning. For our Spring Break trip, about the same time as yours, I only saw EMH morning that were one hour earlier than normal park openings. :sad1:

The lack of a two hour early RD and FP+ is making me nervous about this Spring Break trip. Previous Spring Breaks have been fun with the exception of the drive to/from WDW. Getting to the parks at EMH RD really helped us avoid the crowds. I am wondering if we should shift to closing the parks down with evening EMH.

Good Luck,
Dan

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was thinking. I get up at 6 am everyday in order to teach too! As for the 7 am EMH, it's not posted on the Disney site yet, but EasyWDW is projecting a 7 am EMH for that Tuesday of Spring Break. I checked last year's times and it looks like there were one or two 7 am EMHs those Spring Break weeks. There is NO WAY we would make late EMHs because of the ages of our kids. I know we can make the 8 am EMH EASY and that is what the current schedule is. I'm not sure if I'm hopeful or not for a 7 am EMH. Of course, if it increased my chances to get my daughter in to see Elsa and Anna...well, we will camp out if we have to! HA!

7:00 AM EMHs are RARE and WONDERFUL!:)

There's nothing like watching Magic Kingdom Welcome at 6:50 AM!!!!:)

You are all convincing me it will be worth it! Any idea what attractions will be open? All the websites I'm checking have slightly different answers.

The DIS has a much better list of park hours than WDW web page. Sad that Disney can't do this right...

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/hours/april15.cfm

Pretty sure our other Spring Break trips had plenty of 0700 RDs but there are none listed. I sure hope there are some because EMH RD really helped get on rides. At least they did in the past.

Later,
Dan

This is our plan too! We are hoping to be there for 7am EMHs on 3/31 and 4/1. We are usually a rope drop family but this will be very early for us!

Any idea what attractions will be open?

Here is a Times Guide from December.:)

The list can vary a little from time to time.:)

15660709104_d70b42dd38_c.jpg

16097266987_d17535b935_c.jpg

Thanks for all the advice everyone. Just a few questions if anyone knows. I was basing the 7 am EMH on projections from EasyWDW. How "rare" is a 7 am rope drop? Even the WDW website shows 8 am EMHs every day that week. I know that Disney frequently changes their openings and timing. Any idea of when they might make that decision? Trying to balance FP selection with EMH standby (looking at you Elsa and Anna!!)

We did this over Christmas week and it is great! And, my kids are all older and love to sleep until 10..lol

We all got up, grabbed a granola bar and hit MK. Even during a high occupancy week we waited no more than 25 minutes for all the "popular" attractions. Then around 2..we headed back to the hotel for some rest, pool time and/or down time. Showered and headed back to a park by 6:30pm. We got in all we wanted to do and everyone was rested and happy!

Good luck!

As along as your kids can handle getting up the early I say go for it!

And be careful to plan a shorter and earlier day before, and the day of a &am EMH consider making it a shorter day or take a break as starting that earlier they are certainly going to burn out at some point in the day so be ready for it and try not to make it into a 14-16 hr day in the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter