• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

7/9/09 on the Wonder!

Ok....clearly I NEED a vacation as I started this thread and then forgot about it! I was wondering how you all knew about each other in PM! LOL!!

I love the idea of meeting at 3:00 before drill! We were in a cat 12 but got an upgrade to a cat 9 last week. This is a "just girls" trip for us too! My daughter is entering Kindergarten in the fall and we are celebrating!

So I am prepping for four FEs but I think I will buy 5 of everything as there may be a stray somewhere.

My daughter it also looking forward to the kids club (and maybe the spa for me!)

Looking forward to meeting other DISers!

Got my FE stuff all done today :) Mine works out to daily deliveries.

We are still cat12 guarantee for both of our rooms. I know they will have to put us in 11s since there are four of us in each room, but no assignments yet. Our dining is still late, but our wait list on the four night before this one came through for main dining, so that makes me happy!

Congrats to everyone that booked 12s and got upgraded. That is awesome!

Narnia Girl, cruising is an awesome way to celebrate anniversary and graduation. My dd is excited to go to Palo and hang out at the adult pool since she is turning 18.

Bornteach, getting upgraded to a 9 is really nice!

Anyone book any excursions? We weren't planning on it but I did book the Segway tour on Nassau for me and dh. Not telling my teenagers til last minute or they will wanna go too :)

Happy weekend to everyone!

Hey gang! Looks like we are shaping up into a fun little group. Do we need a name? I am trying to think of creative ideas but they are sounding lame - Star Cruisers, Summer bugs, The Groupies, Love bugs, The Wonders.

Perhaps ya'll will have better ideas!

I am getting very excited about the cruise - I agree with Grizmom - we can meet up to wait in line together. I think it will make the time go by a little faster and the kids will already know each other.

OK now I am really going off the deep end...matching shirts? LOL

Amanda - mother of DD9 Abi and roomate of Degrapevine!

Hey gang! Looks like we are shaping up into a fun little group. Do we need a name? I am trying to think of creative ideas but they are sounding lame - Star Cruisers, Summer bugs, The Groupies, Love bugs, The Wonders.

Perhaps ya'll will have better ideas!

I am getting very excited about the cruise - I agree with Grizmom - we can meet up to wait in line together. I think it will make the time go by a little faster and the kids will already know each other.

OK now I am really going off the deep end...matching shirts? LOL

Amanda - mother of DD9 Abi and roomate of Degrapevine!

This morning I put up a thread with request on the Disigners board seeing if anyone has something they could do specific for our cruise, because my girls would like to have tshirts and magnets.

I am certainly not talented enough to come up with something on my own, lol but am open to ideas and suggestions. I like the suggestions for a name :goodvibes

Yesterday, I made up a couple of photo/autograph books. We never do autographs at parks or cruises, so this will be different. My ds 6.5 has totally no interest, but I will try to bribe him at least into doing photos anyway.

Still no room assignments for us.

Gotta get my stuff done since we sail on the Wonder next Sunday, and are spending day before in Disney, I have no time to prep.

If we don't get more details about the cruise, I will bug guest services when I get onboard the July 5th Wonder. Surely they will have some info by then. If they do, I will post it to our thread.

Do you suppose there will be special stuff for purchase on the Disney Channel Cruises in the gift shops onboard?

We are also cruising on the 9th :)

It is me and my 2 DDs, girls only, leaving the boys at home!!
Tell me about this meeting up?? Never cruised disney before, other lines but not disney.

Tell me about this meeting up?? Never cruised disney before, other lines but not disney.

Hi and welcome! Nice to have more DIS board people on the cruise!

How old are your girls?

We are getting together at 3pm in the Promenade Lounge so the kids/parents can meet each other before the ship sails!

Anyone book any excursions? We weren't planning on it but I did book the Segway tour on Nassau for me and dh. Not telling my teenagers til last minute or they will wanna go too :)

Happy weekend to everyone!

I booked the Segway tour for the guys in my group, so they will probably be on that with you!!
Today (June 27) is my son's 14th birthday so the segway tour is a gift for him and his brother and dad who have May birthdays. I did a Powerpoint presentation with pictures to let him know about the gift! They are also getting two days at Universal...boy, these are the most generous gifts they have ever gotten! :rotfl:

Hello and welcome....this is going to a girl-heavy trip. :rotfl: Wonder if my teen boys will enjoy this! ;)

BounceyOne, do you want to participate in the FE exchange? and if so, do you have a room number yet?

Oh I am so excited!

We booked the sting ray experience at Castaway, I know my DD5 will LOVE that and I know I booked a Nassau one but for the life of me I can;t remember LOL!

Is anyone staying at DIsney either before or after the cruise?

I vote for the DISing Daughters! (no disrespect meant to the boys that are coming LOL)

Can't hardly wait!!!:dance3:

Well some days you just want to hang out and play. I have been watching my daughter and her friend play in the pool while I lounge on the lanai. I decided to do something productive and put together a quick internet site for our group. I am hoping to publish it today but having problems and on hold with my Mac service. If you like, please send me a photo to my email (I will PM everyone) and I will upload your pics so we can all see each other before we arrive! I will send an email once I can publish the site properly.

Amanda

Well some days you just want to hang out and play. I have been watching my daughter and her friend play in the pool while I lounge on the lanai. I decided to do something productive and put together a quick internet site for our group. I am hoping to publish it today but having problems and on hold with my Mac service. If you like, please send me a photo to my email (I will PM everyone) and I will upload your pics so we can all see each other before we arrive! I will send an email once I can publish the site properly.

Amanda

AWESOME!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

Looks great!

I am Kristin and my DD5 is Molly

We are part of the early seating and we have two shore excursions:

Sting Rays at CC and Submarine at Nassau but that may change to a tour of Atlantis.

I will email you photos of Molly and me.

I would love to join in, can someone tell me what FE is?

MY dds are 10 and 5.

No shore excursions booked for us. We will probably stay on the ship in Nassau and enjoy the stuff onboard.

Tell me what I need to know for this meet up.

I just ran down to look, I am in room 8548 and have the late dinner seating. Probably won't be there much though, we are more grab somethng when your hungry type of gals.

MY dds are 10 and 5.

No shore excursions booked for us. We will probably stay on the ship in Nassau and enjoy the stuff onboard.

The FE is the Fish Extender and there is a long thread here that shows examples and sort of explains what they are (it's a very long thread).
Basically you hang a decorative fabric mailbox from the fish outside your door. Many people make or buy beautiful Disney-themed extenders and some, like us, just use a gift bag. If you look at the thread you'll see several pictures.

Then as part of your DIS group you sneak to each other's cabins and leave small gifts in their fish extenders.

Some leave individual gifts for each person in the cabin, some do family gifts. Some do a gift daily, and some just once per cruise. And further more, some do homemade gifts and some are store-bought.

Here is a thread with pictures of homemade gifts.

you can also do an advanced search for FE gifts and find lots of ideas. :)

Not sure if all this is too much for you to do with just a little over a week to go? But do let us know if you want to join in.

MY dds are 10 and 5.

Stacey, Don't worry about what to do, it will all work out. Don't worry about doing anything for the meet - except show up! We are meeting in the Promanade Lounge at 3pm. It is easy to find, just go to Deck 3 mid ship - head towards the back of the ship on on your left behind Tritons you will find the Promenade Lounge - it has a stage in the center with a stop for a band, on the left is a bar and on both sides of the dance floor there are tables. You will find us there. Don't worry we will all be looking for each other.

Since this is your first Disney cruise, I would recommend you get the Passporter's Disney Cruise Line and it's ports of call 2009. You can read it in one day and it really let's you know what to expect.

I wrote a post about what to expect the first day - it is on this post http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2183483

Looking forward to meeting you!
Amanda

I have just spent about an hour reading all the FE stuff!! People get very into it.
I would love to play too, a week is plenty of time to get ready! If someone gives me a breakdown of who is participating. How many gifts will I need?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter