7/13/2016 Magic Copenhagen to Dover Geothermal Cruise

WE are so excited to be going on this cruise!!

Name: The Grames family
Hometown: Indianapolis Indiana
Something about you: We love Disney and we love Disney cruises!
How many DCL cruises: This will be our 6th cruise

Welcome to the group! It will be here before we know it! :)

So...you platinum cruisers, will you be able to tell which of the Bergen port adventures are being offered for our sailing? I am thinking the longer ones (to Hardangerfjord) will be a no go because they are longer than our port time. If that's the case, will they show up as an option for you to choose from??

So...you platinum cruisers, will you be able to tell which of the Bergen port adventures are being offered for our sailing? I am thinking the longer ones (to Hardangerfjord) will be a no go because they are longer than our port time. If that's the case, will they show up as an option for you to choose from??

No problem I can let you know that...however I am surprised that they don't have that posted in the information that these specific excursions are not available for our sailings. There are a couple in Iceland where it specifically states that the excursion is not available for the date we are there. The same thing was posted when we were in Estonia last year since it was a shortened port time.

No problem I can let you know that...however I am surprised that they don't have that posted in the information that these specific excursions are not available for our sailings. There are a couple in Iceland where it specifically states that the excursion is not available for the date we are there. The same thing was posted when we were in Estonia last year since it was a shortened port time.

Huh! I didn't see any date-specific information, but maybe I wasn't looking in the right place? I was looking under the port excursions for each port. The one in Bergen says it's 7-7.5 hours but doesn't say that it's not available on our sailing. I'm just assuming it isn't because of our port times.

Bergen and Kristiansand are my two "problem" ports!

Yes I can help as well if required from Tuesday. Some port adventers will not be available due to port times. Care some low popular shore trips nay get cancelled on the cruise. We tend to book private. I have private guides in Bergen and Oslo and private trips in other ports. Many on our cruise meets have booked their own direct.

Huh! I didn't see any date-specific information, but maybe I wasn't looking in the right place? I was looking under the port excursions for each port. The one in Bergen says it's 7-7.5 hours but doesn't say that it's not available on our sailing. I'm just assuming it isn't because of our port times.

Bergen and Kristiansand are my two "problem" ports!

If you click on the know before you go section of the excursion...specifically glacier and ice cave 4x4 it says it's not available 7/19 and 7/20. I think they forgot to update the website for Bergen.

I am not sure about Kristiansand either. I keep changing my mind. I have gone from the RIB boat, to the rapids to the schooner or the land and sea one. Yes I am really all over the place with this port. I think in Bergen we will do the one that takes the funicular for the view.

If we can't go on the Hardangerfjord one, we may just do Bergen on our own. I have the Rick Steves book, and it seems fairly easy to get to the funicular on ones own. But I really liked the idea of seeing a more "fjordy" looking area (I know Oslo is in a fjord, but from what I have read, all the really stunning landscapes are further north).

Kristiansand doesn't really seem to have much to it. I tried contacting some of the charter boat operators on my own. One of them has gone out of business, another told me their boat was chartered by Disney!

If we can't go on the Hardangerfjord one, we may just do Bergen on our own. I have the Rick Steves book, and it seems fairly easy to get to the funicular on ones own. But I really liked the idea of seeing a more "fjordy" looking area (I know Oslo is in a fjord, but from what I have read, all the really stunning landscapes are further north).

Kristiansand doesn't really seem to have much to it. I tried contacting some of the charter boat operators on my own. One of them has gone out of business, another told me their boat was chartered by Disney!
My guide in Bergen is going to take us around the town and up the funicular railway. Their quite respectable in prices. Helps if you can't speak the local language is if you want to buy something.

http://www.bergenguideservice.no/default_e.asp?k=1

Last edited:

I agree some Iceland tours are not available, we booked private tours, and we have one going into the evening.

Extreme Iceland.
Booking details:

Date
ST Private Myvatn Tour (ST42)

From Akureyri
Cruis ship: 8:15 a.m - 16:45
Lake Mývatn minibus tour: similar to ST20 but Private
https://www.extremeiceland.is/en/sightseeing-tours/day-tours/north-iceland/lake-myvatn

Private Myvatn Tour
Total number of participants: 3 persons
Date of service: Saturday 18 July 2016
Service: CST020 Lake Mývatn, Waterfall Goðafoss and Nature Baths - Private
Confirmed by Saga Travel
Departure time: 08:15
Return to Akureyri: 16:00
Meeting point: Akureyri Harbour / Disney Magic @ 08:15
Transportation: Mini bus
Payment arrangements: Extreme Iceland Service Voucher

Included:
● Fully guided tour and transportation

Not included:
● Refreshments, during the tour we break for refreshments at a local restaurant or café
● Fee for the Myvatn Nature Baths

We recommend you bring with you
● Water
● Good walking shoes
● Warm clothes
● Bathing suit and towel
● Camera
18 Jul 2016
Departure time: 08:15
Return to Akureyri: 16:00
Meeting point: Akureyri Harbour / Disney Magic @ 08:15
Confirmed by Saga Travel
Private Golden Circle tour - express tour (EIG01)
Private tour in Mini bus, fuel and English speaking driver guide
Duration: 6 hours similar to AH11 but private tour
https://www.extremeiceland.is/en/si...south-west-corner/the-golden-circle-afternoon
19 Jul 2016

Product booking ref.
Pickup time: 13:45 at Reykjavík Harbour where the ship docs: Disney Magic
19/07 Disney Magic: arrives at 13:15 at Reykjavík (Skarfabakki)
Private Reykjanes Peninsula and Blue Lagoon (EI87)
Adult rate
Private tour in Mini bus, fuel and English speaking driver guide
https://www.extremeiceland.is/en/private-tours/reykjanes-secrets
Blue Lagoon price: Standard: EUR 45 - Comfort: EUR 60 - Premium EUR 75 more info here
2 hours in the Blue Lagoon - Tickets to the Blue Lagoon not included
Please book them at www.bluelagoon.com
Private transfer from Blue Lagoon to Reykjavík
Duration: 8 hours tour.
20 Jul 2016
Pickup: 08:00 from Reykjavík (Skarfabakki)
Drop off: 16:00
19/07 Disney Magic: departs at 16:45 from Reykjavík

My guide in Bergen is going to take us around the town and up the funicular railway. Their quite respectable in prices. Helps if you can't speak the local language is if you want to buy something.

http://www.bergenguideservice.no/default_e.asp?k=1

DF,
Did you call them or email them? I may be interested in doing this versus just walking around on my own. The only thing I really want to do is the funicular if we can't do the long fiord excursion Disney is offering since it doesn't look like it will run on our date. Also does the price for the guide include the funicular or do they take you there and then you purchase your tickets? Does the guide meet you at the pier or is there a meeting place you have to go find? Did they tell you a time or did you pick a time to meet, and what time does your tour start? One more question, do you pay when you book or do you have to pay when you do it? Thanks for any info in regards to this. Never thought about hiring a guide.

This fjord cruise from Bergen gets back too late for my comfort, or I would go on it. I don't want to cut it that close, though! http://www.rodne.no/fjord-cruise/en-bergen-mostraumen/

How walking tours work vary from place to place...I would try emailing them and see. But I would also try and read some reviews before I booked (I saw some negative reviews on Trip Advisor for some of the Bergen guides. Of course, Trip Advisor is completely subjective, but I like to at least get an idea of what others have thought).

DF,
Did you call them or email them? I may be interested in doing this versus just walking around on my own. The only thing I really want to do is the funicular if we can't do the long fiord excursion Disney is offering since it doesn't look like it will run on our date. Also does the price for the guide include the funicular or do they take you there and then you purchase your tickets? Does the guide meet you at the pier or is there a meeting place you have to go find? Did they tell you a time or did you pick a time to meet, and what time does your tour start? One more question, do you pay when you book or do you have to pay when you do it? Thanks for any info in regards to this. Never thought about hiring a guide.
I booked by email, they are fast on weekdays, they will meet next at the ship, we are touting the town then up the funicular, the guide takes us to the railway and we purchase tickets there. My tour starts at 8.30 just after we arrive. No payment until the day. Far better than DCL more personal small group, we can do what we want, extra coffee stop, etc.

This fjord cruise from Bergen gets back too late for my comfort, or I would go on it. I don't want to cut it that close, though! http://www.rodne.no/fjord-cruise/en-bergen-mostraumen/

How walking tours work vary from place to place...I would try emailing them and see. But I would also try and read some reviews before I booked (I saw some negative reviews on Trip Advisor for some of the Bergen guides. Of course, Trip Advisor is completely subjective, but I like to at least get an idea of what others have thought).
I have booked with the biggest group in Bergan where all the guides get business, Trop advisor us a guide, and ok for them but a guide, I have seen good companies slated off on TA, I think to just get compensation.

I research and book private, last year 5 ports 7 days touring, and concierge style service in each port, 2014, 7 private tours, all perfect, Alaska was the same.

I have booked with the biggest group in Bergan where all the guides get business, Trop advisor us a guide, and ok for them but a guide, I have seen good companies slated off on TA, I think to just get compensation.

I research and book private, last year 5 ports 7 days touring, and concierge style service in each port, 2014, 7 private tours, all perfect, Alaska was the same.

Yes, TA reviews can often be biased, but can be used as a rough guide. I also cross check on Cruise Critic. I need to make sure if we are taking a tour with someone that they are reputable enough to show up and to get us back to the ship on time! We also tend to do private tours (that's what we did on our Eastern Med cruise two summers ago and also on our Baltic cruise), or else just bring along a tour book and do a DIY tour. The only Disney tours I will use this time will be for my mom, who has limited mobility and will be on the "panoramic" type bus tours where she can see something of the city/countryside without having to walk much. The rest of the family will be doing more active walking type tours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter