6th or 8th floor on Disney Wish

shah007

Earning My Ears
Which floor would you recommend - 6th floor or 8th floor on Disney Wish for a 3 night cruise?

Was looking to book a room between 6070 to 6078 but from the image, they appear on this curved shape of the ship. Not sure if thats good or bad.

Your verandah in those 6000 rooms are not going to be rectangles; they will have a slight angle near the rail. Some people with OCD would be bothered by this.

The interior area below your cabin (Deck 5) is a hallway and balcony seating for the Luna Lounge on Deck 4.

Cabins 6072 and 6074 should have the deepest verandahs - and the most wide angle view of that row.

I would go up to 8, so I wouldn’t have the lifeboat directly under my balcony.

Your verandah in those 6000 rooms are not going to be rectangles; they will have a slight angle near the rail. Some people with OCD would be bothered by this.

The interior area below your cabin (Deck 5) is a hallway and balcony seating for the Luna Lounge on Deck 4.

Cabins 6072 and 6074 should have the deepest verandahs - and the most wide angle view of that row.

I would go up to 8, so I wouldn’t have the lifeboat directly under my balcony.
Oh...will the 6th floor balconies have lifeboats under them?

When you say cabins 6072 and 6074 will have most wide angle view...do you mean like a bigger panoramic view? sorry I didnt understand that part. so asking.

for floor 8, i believe the available rooms that I am seeing are 8136 and 8146. Would the balconies be good for those?

Oh...will the 6th floor balconies have lifeboats under them?

When you say cabins 6072 and 6074 will have most wide angle view...do you mean like a bigger panoramic view? sorry I didnt understand that part. so asking.

for floor 8, i believe the available rooms that I am seeing are 8136 and 8146. Would the balconies be good for those?

6072 and 6074: when you stand at the balcony railing, you should have a little more open view without adjacent balcony being inline. It is not significantly better, but if given the choice (especially if not extra cost), I would pick that.

Balconies in cruise ships have divider/ privacy walls, so you need to get right up to the rail to get a wider view. Realistically, for the big picture view, go to one of the outdoor public areas.

8136 is going to have that little extra view on the balcony left side. 8146 is in a straight line with its adjacent cabins. Perfectly fine.

When you look at the curves in the ship, imagine standing there and looking out. When the corner of a balcony sticks out a little more than its neighbor, you get that slight extra view.

IMG_7063.png

Lifeboats. They are in yellow, seen just below Deck 6 cabins. Not likely to be noticed when just sitting on your balcony, but if you might when Standing by the rail.

It doesn’t matter to some people. I usually pick a cabin with the least obstacles between me and the water view if I am paying for a verandah (term I often interchange with balcony 🤭).

I like to be closer to the elevator/stairs. I also try to have Cabins above, below, beside, and across from my cabin to buffer the noise of public or crew work spaces.
IMG_7064.jpeg

None of your selected cabins have any red flags. You might find you spend very little time in there on a short cruise.

You could randomly draw a (cabin) number from a hat, book it, and have a great vacation. I WISH you do have a magical cruise! Bon Voyage.

I am so glad you asked this question, 6 or 8. I was on that fence too. Just booked 8130 for 3 days end of May. Living in FL makes it pretty easy. We just wanted to escape for a few.

Do they only do fireworks on the 7 day cruises?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter