60th anniversary pressed pennies

SilentFeline

Mouseketeer
Hello, everyone!

I've been following the 60th anniversary updates a bit irregularly because I know that my husband and I won't be able to go the park at all this year. However, I just found out a few days ago that my sister and her boyfriend are going to DLR during Memorial Day weekend (my sister had no idea about the upcoming anniversary). My sister offered to buy any anniversary merchandise that I want as long as I can reimburse her, so I've been trying to find information about merchandise ever since I found out about their trip. Information is limited, which I suppose is for good reason, and I know that there's a distinct possibility that any merchandise I do want may be sold out before she can buy it. However, I know that at the very least she'll be able to get me some pressed pennies unless all of the machines are broken, which is very unlikely. I took a few screen shots of anniversary designs from an online video, but I haven't been able to find any other helpful sources. Does anyone know if there will be updates regarding 60th anniversary pressed penny designs and locations before May 24? If so, where can I find them? My sister and her boyfriend will be leaving on Monday the 25th, so I was hoping there'd be information before then so that they don't have to go hunting all over the park for the 14 penny machines that will have anniversary designs and then try to figure out which ones I might like.

Thanks in advance to anyone who may be able to help me out!

You can also have her take pictures of the ones she sees & she can send them to you for your review of if you do or don't want it. That's what we do all the time. Don't you just love today's technology☺☺☺:)

This came from a CM back in April - so we all know this may or may not be reliable - but he said there are "pennies" for the 60th. He said they got to see what they would look like. I put pennies in quotes b/c he said they would be quarters - silver coins look more like diamonds I guess

Thank you all for your replies! I used parkpennies.com to give my sister a drafted list, and I just texted her my final choices when the official list was released today. Now I just have to wait and hope for the best!

I picked up a few pressed pennies yesterday, at Pieces of Eight in NOS at DL and at the new supply store in Grizzly Peak in DCA. It looked like they just replaced the normal machines with ones with the 60th logos. They also have new 60th anniversary pressed penny collection books. I picked up one of those too so my son and I can fill it up when we are there in 3 weeks!

Mary Jo- where do you pick that pamphlet up?!? My dh and ds collect the pressed coins. This would be so helpful! We'll be back next Thurs-Fri.

I like that they have diamonds showing the locations for the Diamond pennies and quarters. :)

I also saw the pamphlet at DCA's guest services and a few other locations. At this point, they're pretty readily available. I don't think this is going to be a final list (i.e., more designs will roll out throughout the anniversary celebration).

IT would be so much fun to college those. But the price you pay to press them makes me less willing to do that. I guess when you look at the price of other souvenirs, it's fairly cheap, isn't it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter