60 Day Challenge to lose 20

Watched "Fat Chef" this week. Great show about weight loss. One of the fitness instructors told one of the chefs that she had to workout 2 hours a day. Whew! I need to expand my time - 20 minutes a day isn't going to do it.

I'm at the end of week 3. I did not lose any weight this week.
I logged in 180 workout minutes.

Forgot to post my meals for Monday on yesterday's post:
b: yogurt fruit smoothie with strawberries, banana and blueberries
l: cucumber kale wrap with hot pepper cheese
d: went downtown for dinner - dh and I ordered 3 appetizers sushi, pasta and chicken satay - I had pasta, chicken satay and one pomegranate martini
then we split a hot coffee with Baileys and a creme brulee for dessert

Afterwards, we walked downtown for 40 minutes.

Today:
b: strawberry, blueberry, cucumber and tomato smoothie.
l: chili and a scoop of pnut butter choc ice cream
d: more chili and cranberry juice

Thank you, Alyssinwonderland. Its fun to find new parks. It makes the walks/bike rides go much faster.

This morning I increased my workout time - 40 minute full workout with weights.

b: bowl of fresh berries
l: chili with ww toast
s: crackers and pepper jack cheese

Yesterday, we walked 30 minutes at a bridge and surrounding area. It was busy. We slowed down so a couple could pass us. As they went by we noticed that they were in their 70s! They looked great - Passed us by and never looked back. We ate our breakfast at a picnic area adjacent to the bridge: homemade granola, fresh strawberries, blackberries and honey cinnamon yogurt with fresh squeezed oj. A fitness instructor was holding a workout class next to the picnic area. For the end of class she brought the class under the picnic pavilion to finish with a few exercises - got some great ideas - but felt stupid eating while they were working out.

Afterwards, we went to a nearby preserve to walk. My total for yesterday is 80 minutes.:yay:

lunch yesterday: veggie pizza

dessert yesterday: a 'heavenly bar' and ice cream - those heavenly bars are not good - way too sugary - couldn't even taste the choc - felt terrible

snack: 4 stawberries, one tangerine and 5 pecans
dinnner yesterday:a reuben sandwich with a side of potato salad

today:
b: breakfast smoothie with fresh oj, spinach, strawberries, blackberries, parsley and one radish - split with dh

Been having trouble getting in to post again - twice this week I couldn't get in - i'm going to have to change my posting time -

Watched another episode of "Fat Chef". Its great motivation. They have unbelievably tough schedules yet manage to accomplish a lot.

Yesterday I did a 25 min weight workout. I ended up skipping a meal - I knew there would be way too much to eat -
1/2 chicken, avocado, tomato wrap, 16 fries, 2 pina coladas, a scoop of choc ice cream - did not touch cookies, other available desserts, shrimp or bbq.

Last night back at home I decided to watch "My 600lb Life". It was riveting - didn't get to bed till after 1am. Amazing to see someone lose that much weight - and see the emotional highs and lows of their life which seemed to mirror their physical highs and lows.

Today: 16 minute bike ride and 4 minute walk for a total of 20 minutes.

Breakfast: smoothie with: oj, grapefruit juice, strawberries, banana, spinach and parsley

Lunch from yesterday was an apple, spinach, parsley wrap with hot pepper cheese and sunflower seeds.

Dinner: 1/2 burrito with ground beef, onions, peppers, lettuce, cheese and cilantro, one cherry coke, scoop of choc ice cream

This morning I did a 25 minute stretch workout.
Breakfast: smoothie with pineapple, banana, spinach, celery, radish

Today is the end of week 4. Already! Again no weight loss. Must have something to do with the ice cream, pina coladas and fries from Superbowl Sunday.:scared1: Its looks a lot worse when I write it down. The first week when I lost 5lbs I did not have any pina colodas or ice cream or anything fried for that matter.

It helps having this thread. Before, I was only exercising about an hour a week. I've more than tripled that number. I can't stand not having a workout to post so this pushes me to get going so I can post a number.

My workout minutes total 190 for week 4: walking, biking, weights and stretching.

I keep forgetting to blend my beets. :confused3 They're rich in antioxidants, anti-inflammatory and high in vitamin C - I posted a note on my fridge so I don't forget AGAIN.

lunch yesterday: chicken with lemon/wine sauce
dinner: apple and peanut butter, homemade banana peanut butter frozen yogurt

ginger tea

today:
b: pineapple, banana, strawberry, yogurt smoothie
s: apple and 6 pecans
l: leftover chicken in a wrap with sunflower seeds, raisins, parsley
d: hamburger, soda, homemade strawberry frozen yogurt

I FINALLY remembered to blend my beats and also added fresh pineapple (which is also high in antioxidants), banana, parsley and a radish. I've been hearing great things about beets and their health benefits and want to include them in my diet.

25 minutes of stretching
15 minutes bike riding
total 40 minutes

Today I got in a 20 minute weight workout.:)
From yesterday:
l: granola with yogurt and banana
d: spaghetti and meat sauce (I added lots of fresh veggies to the sauce: onions, peppers and tomatoes.)

For dessert I made a coco banana frozen yogurt- dh liked it not my favorite.

This morning I made a smoothie with tons of stuff: avocado, beets, cucumber, peach, grapefruit juice and a tangerine - it was high in vitamin C - it should be great for my immune system.

On Saturday we walked three different nature walks totaling 125 minutes. :thumbsup2 What a beautiful day! We, AGAIN, found a new nature preserve - new to us. This is the third park we've discovered in as many weeks. We walked for 75 minutes. Next, we went to a second park for a morning picnic where we walked for 20 minutes. Our final destination was a third park where we put in 30 minutes. The focus of our walk is to see nature but the exercise we get is amazing. I can't believe how quickly the time goes by when we are outside. It sure beats sleeping in.

b: fresh fruit salad with peaches, apples, banana and cheese wedges
l: 1/2 serving of pasta chicken salad, 1/2 serving spaghetti with meat/veggie sauce, ice cream
d: cranberry juice, then dh and I split a grilled chicken southwest salad, one glass of sangria, choc ice cream

today I made an avocado, berry, tangerine mint smoothie

I completed my goal of achieving over 200 workout minutes in one week.:banana: This is great for me. Before this challenge I was exercising about 45 minutes per week. Today I got in 35 minutes of a weight/cardio/stretch workout. My total is 215 minutes.

On the downside I did not lose weight. I looked up the calorie index of a pina colada and it is not pretty. I also have huge issues with chocolate and ice cream - my first week I didn't eat any of these scary foods and did fantastic. I really don't think the human body was meant to eat these nonfoods.

Back to my food journal;

last night dinner: reuben sandwich, homemade strawberry frozen yogurt

breakfast today: smoothie with mango, tangerine, blueberry, raspberry, blackberry, celery. (Love the mango - high in enzymes and Vitamin C - also tangerine high in Vitamin C - actually the whole thing is high in Vitamin C)
lunch: Vegetarian pasta, choc covered peanuts

dinner from last night - braised beef taco with side of bearnaise, cranberry juice, ice cream
30 minute walk
b: tangerine, red leaf lettuce, strawberry smoothie with ginger
l: apple, celery, red leaf lettuce salad with sunflower seeds, hot pepper cheese, yogurt curry dressing, choc covered peanuts
d: vegetarian pasta

This weekend I got in 205 walking minutes!

Saturday: granola with fresh berries and yogurt, fresh squeezed orange/grapefruit juice - outdoor picnic at park -

We did three nature walks on Saturday totaling 145 minutes.

lunch: 1/2 chicken sandwich
dinner: goat cheese pizza, 1/2 chocolate mousse, pinot grigio, cranberry juice

Sunday: b: ginger fruit smoothie, granola with yogurt and fresh blueberries
Lunch: lasagna, sprite
NO DINNER

60minute walk

Monday: 6oz fresh squeezed oj/grapefruit juice with fresh strawberries/blueberries and banana

lunch: cheeseburger and iced coffee drink

I increased my workout minutes to 265 this week.:) At the end of this week I still haven't lost additional weight after my initial 6lb weight loss.

dinner last night: chicken pasta
ginger lemon tea

I've got to remember to have tea in the afternoon - it helps reduce my cravings. Otherwise, I'm craving sugar. Last evening the tea was a lifesaver.

I finally remembered to add a carrot to my smoothie - great taste and high in antioxidants and vitamin A.

breakfast today; carrot, apple, strawberry ginger smoothie
lunch: apple walnut red leaf lettuce salad with asiago cheese -scoop ice cream (I should have made tea instead!)
dinner: baked potato, 1/4 chicken breast, green beans
dessert: choc covered almonds

Hi Jane -

I just found this thread - great job journaling your daily food/exercise. :thumbsup2

You've inspired me to start my own WISH Journal - since tomorrow is Ash Wednesday and I've given up a few things for Lent, I think I might start a forty day journal. Not sure what my forty day goal should be yet - I'll think about it tonight and post it tomorrow.

Keep up the good work. :)

- Laura

Thanks for the encouragement, Laura! Great job on starting your own program!

This morning I got in 45 minutes of cardio/weights.

Weighed in again this morning and still have a 6lb loss. 14 more to go! I'm going to focus on teas to END those cravings for sweets. Besides the ginger in the fridge I'm growing spearmint and peppermint.

b: carrot, apple, strawberry, ginger smoothie

Wanted to post early today - at lunch time I'm unable to get in here.

For yesterday's lunch I ate a red leaf lettuce salad with chicken, veggies and asiago cheese with a balsamic dressing.

choc covered pretzels - I need to get in some choc chips and have them with fruit/nuts for dessert. I measure and I'm done. Not doing so well without that safe guard.

Dinner: We grilled out last night. I had 1/3 of a steak, baked potato with butter, green beans and a scoop of ice cream. I could feel my energy drop - don't like those steak dinners anymore.

Breakfast: smoothie with strawberries, zuchinni, tangerines and ginger

A glass of fresh squeezed oj

I bought tons of strawberries yesterday - 2 flats!! I ended up freezing, refrigerating and giving some away.

Today I've juiced a half gallon of oranges and have plans to juice the same amount of grapefruit juice.

I've walked 130 minutes this weekend. 70 minutes yesterday and 60 minutes today, so far. We love eating downtown because there are so many places to walk. Because of this program we're taking advantage of the locale and getting in our exercise.

Friday
lunch - strawberry, banana and hot pepper cheese
Dinner: before dinner we had strawberries with grated asiago cheese then -
potatoes, onion, peppers and chicken stir fry, choc covered pretzels

Saturday:
breakfast: granola with banana and strawberries topped of with cinnamon, honey yogurt

leftover potato stir fry from night before and 2 crackers with 1 wedge of tomato/basis LC cheese

dinner: 3/4 of a reuben sandwich, 10 french fries, cranberry juice, pinot grigio, choc cake
breakfast today: ate breakfast after 60 minute walk - smoothie with avocado, strawberry, fresh grapefruit juice and mint

We have so many strawberries - we're eating them constantly. I'm trying to eat the ones I haven't frozen or given away before they go bad.

I can't believe how much worse I feel when I eat a dinner like I had last night - I really am starting to crave the veggies more. I feel so much better. As much as I love reubens and choc cake - I sure felt sluggish afterwards.

Breakfast: smoothie with strawberries, zuchinni, tangerines and ginger

Do you taste the zuchinni? Or do the other flavors overpower the zuchinni?

Dinner: before dinner we had strawberries with grated asiago cheese then -
potatoes, onion, peppers and chicken stir fry, choc covered pretzels

Potatoes, onion, peppers and chicken stir-fry is my "go-to" dinner - I have it at least once a week and absolutely love it. Red peppers were on sale at my local supermarket last week and I bought a TON of them. I can snack on them like they are candy. :)

Great job with all of the activity :thumbsup2

- Laura

Laura, I don't taste the zucchini. In fact I started using zucchini because the vitamix lady on you tube mentioned it as one of the veggies that you can use that won't change the taste of your smoothie. Unbelievably, cabbage was another one but I haven't tried that. Love the pic of your cat - I've got 3 - the smallest is the meanest and is the boss. It took my 17lb cat years to realize she could stand up to my 9.5lb cat.

25 minute weight workout yesterday :yay:
b: avocado, strawberry, zucchini, tangerine
l: homemade veggie dip with 8 P Farm crackers, 3 slices of hot pepper cheese, hot mustard, 4 green beans, scoop of choc ice cream
d: no dinner
lemon ginger tea last night about 7:30pm.

This morning I did a 15 minute bike ride.
b: smoothie with avocado slice, yellow squash, tons of berries: strawberries, cranberries, blueberries and raspberries, grapefruit juice, tangerine, kale and green lettuce

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter