• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

6 years ago today.....

Kimberle

WL Vet
my little ballarina was born.

282139305ztiiBh_ph.jpg

Brittany was born at 7:14 pm on a Thursday night by emergency C-section. I was very, very sick with HELLP. She was 1 pound 15.5 ounces, 13.5 inches. She was rushed off to NICU immediately. I was not able to see her for 26 hours as I was hooked to a mag. sulfide drip to bring my blood pressure down.

She started her life in a tray with wires hooked to almost every part of her body. A c-pap helped her breathing for the 1st 12 hours. She was then placed on a vent for around 3-4 days, and back to a c-pap. She was to frail to be placed in an incubator, so she was in a tray with a warming light.

We spent the next 8.5 weeks on a up & down roller coaster of Group Strep B twice, blood transfusion, weight gain, learning how to eat and breath. We watched other newborns come and go. We saw the staff's mad preperations for babies who did not even make it into NICU......We couldn't have asked for a better team of doctors and nurses. (The doctors were worse gossips than the nurses. )

May 1st, a beautiful spring day, Brittany came home at 3 pounds 14 ounces.

A very happy birthday to my little one who is not so little any more!

Happy Birthday Brittany.
Wow What a great success story for a premature birth and the NICU.

Birthday wishes indeed for your little ballerina!! What a nice story. Happy Birthday, Brittany!!!! :wave2:

Birthday.gif

Happy Birthday!!

Brings back memories of my little one. She was a 1lb 4oz 22 weeker who will be 5 on April 11th.

Happy birthday, ballerina beauty!!!
And congrats--that is a wonderful and inspiring story!

What a touching story, with such a happy ending. :)
Happy Birthday Brittany! princess:

:bday: to a beautiful ballerina :flower: Happy Birthday Brittany :cheer2: :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter