6 Year old w/ Grandma at AKL???

Captain UP

Mouseketeer
Hi all you helpful people!

Day one of our trip (in June), my brother and I will be heading to HS while our 70-something mom watches his 6 year old daughter at Kidani.

It's likely that for the first few hours, the room will not be available yet.

So what should they do???

I know Kidani has a pretty nice kids area near the pool, and they can obviously check out the animals for a bit or head over to Jambo. But what else might I be missing here? Especially if my mom needs a break from the sun and/or rain.

Thank you!

AKL (Jambo and Kidani both) have loads of educational and entertainment activities throughout the day that you wouldn't know about until you actually got there. Each day they'll put up an activities list that will include things like arts and crafts, scavenger hunts, animal activities, etc. It's probably the best place to be in all of WDW to just enjoy a chill day.

AKL (Jambo and Kidani both) have loads of educational and entertainment activities throughout the day that you wouldn't know about until you actually got there. Each day they'll put up an activities list that will include things like arts and crafts, scavenger hunts, animal activities, etc. It's probably the best place to be in all of WDW to just enjoy a chill day.
That's great to know! So probably ask at the desk or concierge desk for what's happening? Any chance to find out in advance?

Jambo has a lot of little nooks and viewing areas. Going to Disney Springs is another option to kill sometime. There is also a playground by the pool.

There are also community halls/rooms at both Kidani and Jambo that they can go play board games in or they have some paid crafts you can do. Also a tv playing a movie or shows or something. Great place to spend time!

100% agree -- there are few places at WDW better for a 6-year-old to spend half a day than at AKL!

The animals, the activities, even just exploring the lobbies, are all a lot of fun. They can hit Kidani and Jambo, which are similar-but-different. My kids always want to spend an hour just running around the Jambo gift shop. And if all else fails, there's a TV playing Disney cartoons.

Have fun!

There’s a shuttle bus that goes between Jambo and Kidani if they don’t want to walk. Saana is also open for lunch if they don’t want the QS at jambo.

And they always have TV’s with Disney shows and comfy places to sit in the lobby. If it’s rainy and you’ve been traveling earlier sometimes 6 year olds just like to chill out with Disney TV. Mara is also a great place for a snack break.

I didn’t read the comments so someone may have already said but there is a playground by the Jambo pool. Also, there is a community room at each resort with TVs, coloring, crafts, etc. My daughter loves the arcade too.

I didn’t read the comments so someone may have already said but there is a playground by the Jambo pool. Also, there is a community room at each resort with TVs, coloring, crafts, etc. My daughter loves the arcade too.
There is a Community Hall at Kidani Village. I don't think there is one at Jambo House.

When you stay at Jambo, you can use all of the amenities at Kidani Village, and vice versa. I just thought that the above post made it sound like there were Community Halls at both.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/community-halls/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter