6 year old and me

tmfranlk

Love hanging at the World with my sweet girls.
My 6 year old sister and I (25) will be making our 2nd Disney trip in March, just the two of us. I am afraid that she is a little young for us to try US and IOA. What do you think? Keep in mind too that she is a little short (40" or so) and doesn't always qualify for height restrictions. She's not too afraid of the dark but doesn't like things that jump out unless I can warn her ahead of time (which I won't be able to do having never been).

Bottomline...Should we take the chance or spend that extra day at Disney this time around?

Thanks!!

Tia
173 days and counting...

You are a GREAT big sister!

How many days are you planning on spending at WDW already? Will you have to pay for transportation to get to Universal? If you want to visit both parks on the same day you will have to buy a 2-day pass. If you buy 1 day passes they are only good for 1 park that day.

Here's a list of the things at each park that sounded appropriate for you to do together. I didn't list things that are closed due to cutbacks.

At UNIVERSAL there is an area called Woody Woodpecker Kidzone. It contains, ET-the ride, Animal planet show, Barney show, Barney's backyard (a GREAT indoor educational interative play area for young kids, go while a barney show is in progress and it will be empty), Curious George wet play area, Dry ball play area.

She could ride Earthquake. It's an attraction where a flood (real water but doesn't actually get you) and there is a fire too. It's in a fairly enclosed area.

Jaws: This ride could be too scary for her. "Jaws" pops out of the water towards the end of the story. My 5 year old didn't cry but she wasn't thrilled either.

Also, there is an attraction called the Hanna-Barberra ride. It is a simulator ride, that sways back and forth as you "chase" the cartoon bad guys on the screen.

There's is Nickleodean (sp?) studios but I've heard mixed reviews on that.

At ISLAND OF ADVENTURE there is:
Seuss Landing: caroseussel (sp?)-a merry go round with seuss animals instead of horses; Cat in the hat ride-a ride through the Seuss story of the same name, has a couple of spins in it; One fish-two fish- a dumbo type ride that squirts water. There is also a wet play area called "if I ran the zoo". Bring a towel and her bathing suit if it's warm enough to get wet! There are also street shows. When you visit this area make sure you explore every nook and cranny. There is neat stuff everywhere!

Lost Continent has the talking fountain (just a regular fountain but it's very humorous), The Sinbad show: very funny corny stunt type show;has some loud bangs.

Jurrassic Park has the Unicorn Rollercoaster (bigger than a kiddie coaster but still small, not sure of min heighth), Discovery Center, and Camp discovery (a play area with caves and bridges, cool). Also in that area is a ride call (SP?) Pteranadon flyers but it is not worth a long wait, because the ride itself is so short.

Toon Lagoon: Me ship, the Olive is a interactive play area and this whole area has some eye popping colors most kids really enjoy. I believe this area has a stadium show and defenitely a toon trolley street show. the characters sing and dance and sign autographs or pose for pictures.

Marvel Super Hero: There are characters on the street (on and off) like Spiderman,Dr Doom, Captain America, etc.

Thanks for the advice (and the compliment - I haven't lived in the same state as her since she was born so this is a way for us to spend quality time together and go something special together).

We will be there for seven days. Your list of attractions helped alot. I think we may skip it for now as she isn't very familiar with any of the characters outside of Hanna-Barberra and Curious George. Adding tickets and a shuttle to the park is a little much for something she may not enjoy as much as the Disney parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter