"6~night Disney MAGIC cruise out of L.A. end of JUNE?"

dreamflight99

<font color=deeppink>Princess of THIS Castle!<br><
DH informed me a friend at work reserved a 6-night cruise at the end of June, which is out of the port of Los Angeles. It's the first time I've heard anything about this? :confused3 I prefer our 7-night! :goodvibes

He told DH it leaves on a Sunday, as opposed to Sat., and is near the end of the month. It's because they are doing some special "cleaning" on the ship on Sat? I've just never heard about this? He also said it was "$3000" less than the 7-night cruise. He's reserved, but has not paid yet (as they may not travel due to wife's lupus).

Has anyone heard of this? I guess since we are all set for our upcoming cruise, (made the ressies a year ago), I've been out of the info loop!! TIA for any details about such a cruise. Funny though, I thought they cleaned the ship during the hours when everyone disembarks, etc. :confused3
You learn something new every day!! :banana:

I found this using "search" mode...on the web:

On July 17 there is a special 6 night
cruise, celebrating Disneyland's 50th
Anniversary which opened on July 17, 1955

So, there is one such cruise offered this summer (not scheduled to "clean" the ship!). It stops at two ports (as opposed to three)...and is apparently not offered at $3000 less than the 7-eve!! LOL. :confused3

Anyone taking this "special" celebration cruise?!? :goodvibes

I am from the LA area. And I know for a fact that they are having a special on board celebration on the 16th. This is when the new Disney CEO is going to be there and there is a rumor out here that there is going to be a big announcement!!! Also if I am not wrong the 16th is the actual 50th anniversary of Disneyland!!!

Courtney

encmerk said:
I am from the LA area. And I know for a fact that they are having a special on board celebration on the 16th. This is when the new Disney CEO is going to be there and there is a rumor out here that there is going to be a big announcement!!! Also if I am not wrong the 16th is the actual 50th anniversary of Disneyland!!!

Courtney

Actually, the 17th is the actual anniversary, not the 16th.

My daughter and I are on this cruise so I'm absolutely sure its leaving on July 17th!!! (Or we'll miss the boat). so far, noit many Disers seem to be sailing - cant get much of a thread going on the cruise meets board. I'm hoping for something special, because there wasn't much of a savings losing that 7th night. :flower:

pclaire said:
My daughter and I are on this cruise so I'm absolutely sure its leaving on July 17th!!! (Or we'll miss the boat). so far, noit many Disers seem to be sailing - cant get much of a thread going on the cruise meets board. I'm hoping for something special, because there wasn't much of a savings losing that 7th night. :flower:
Since my post I've done some reading and research, and found your comment to be true ("because there wasn't much of a savings losing that 7th night.")

Perhaps with the special significance associated with the date, they have a SURPRISE planned for the guests!! I hope so..as I've heard the other cruises will ALL have SPECIAL SURPRISES (not yet revealed) for the Disney guests! :banana:

I understand they dropped a "port stop" (Puerto Vallarta) on this cruise, which is odd..as they could have dropped a SEA DAY instead. Perhaps this is the cause of reluctance, etc. among prospective guests. :confused3 I wish you and your DD a wonderful cruise, with LOADS of DISNEY MAGIC!! :wizard:

Our Disney cruise date can not come fast enough!! LOL... :boat:

TTFN...DF99 :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter