6 more sleeps and last minute questions!!

Minniemousemad

Earning My Ears
Hi all!!
6 more sleeps until we leave so I have a few last minute questions please :0)
Firstly I'll be using my shareholders card for the first time!!! Can I use it in all shops? And restaurants in the village? We usually eat at planet Hollywood rainforest cafe etc? And when do I show my card?
Also whilst lurking on this board I feel I need a to try a cocktail and a glowtini!! Where can I get one of these? We are staying at the Cheyenne. And lastly we are trying to get by on a tight budget with it being so close to Christmas so any tips would be great! I've brought fruit and snacks to take but I wondered of anyone else had any other ideas?
Thanks in advance!
Minniemousemad xx

You can use your Shareholders card at all Disney Shops and Disney Resturants in the parks and Village. Some items are excluded from the discount mainly books and CDs. Show your card when paying at the till and when asking for the bill when in resturants.

Planet Hollywood and the Rainforest Cafe are not Disney Resturants so you can not use it there. But you can use it at the Earl of Sandwich (10% discount)

You should be able to order a glowtini at the Red Saloon bar at the Cheyenne Hotel.

Can't say we've done it but I've read lots of people say fill water bottles at the park water fountains for your children. That way you don't have to spend a lot of drinks for them.

Check your receipts when you buy snacks - sometimes you get a coupon on the bottom for a free drink from somewhere at certain times of the day.

If you are SH then use Salon Mickey for hot drinks and a snack for the children. Those cookies are huge and you are allowed 2 per person which imo is a lot - we always only had 1 pp.

Defo have your cocktail at Cheyenne don't try it at the DLH - it is probably almost twice the price for the same drink!

Can't think of anymore at the moment..... Oh actually, if your children are little you could try them sharing a meal at table service restaurants - not sure if this is allowed but don't see why not. We did this in Greece this year (portions were big) and saved a fortune - the two nights we didn't do it (first two) the girls left quite a lot of food which is such a waste, but happily shared and had room for pudding too - so they were happy!

Oh actually, if your children are little you could try them sharing a meal at table service restaurants - not sure if this is allowed but don't see why not.

Our youngest do that everytime. At least we have done it twice in Cafe Mickey (the other meals have been in our motorhome or in Casey's, where they have their own nuggets or hot-dogs).

Don't be afraid to take some pastries or rolls with cheese/meat with you from the breakfast buffet. It's all factored in and nobody bats an eyelid at it.
The money you save on buying lunch can be spent on treats such as popcorn, candyfloss, hot chocolates etc

With regard to drinks if you're checking a bag on the plane you could bring a bottle of squash and use it to fill bottles for your kids. Either buy a big 6 pack of large bottles of water from the train station shop and keep it in your room or else fill from the water fountains as you go around.

Tell your kids they can only buy their toy/souvenir on the last day and to spend the other days keeping their eyes peeled for what they want to buy.

I don't think shareholders card can be used on counterservice. :sad2:What we did this year was eat as much as we could at the breakfast buffet :earseek: We didn't carry stuff away, partly because it was height of summer but also because we were trying to travel light - literally we just had my camera case (as I have a bridge camera and the case is big enough for a DSLR with sensible extra pockets I could easily fit purse, cards etc. in it as well;)). We would then have a lateish buffet lunch - Restaurant des Stars for example, around 2.30, - and could easily eat enough so we didn't need a proper evening meal, but could get by on the snacks we had with us in the room. The buffets are also great for little ones as they can have exactly what they fancy, and if they don't like it they can go back and chose something else:thumbsup2

Also (and this wouldn't work for everyone, but worked for us) if we needed a cold drink we'd get one bottle of fanta or whatever and split it between the 4 of us - plenty to keep us going without rushing for restroom breaks every five minutes, and no need to carry bottles about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter