6 day ticket and Halloween Decorations

dishguy1977

Mouseketeer
I have purchased 5 day tickets and am currently booked to go for Aug.27-31. Apparently, HM reopens Sep.1 and Halloween season starts - will all the decorations be put up overnight? We are really bummed about missing HM - is it possible to upgrade our tickets to 6 days so we could go Sep.1?

TIA

They don't have 6 day tickets, but you could buy a single day ticket for that last day.

I have purchased 5 day tickets and am currently booked to go for Aug.27-31. Apparently, HM reopens Sep.1 and Halloween season starts - will all the decorations be put up overnight? We are really bummed about missing HM - is it possible to upgrade our tickets to 6 days so we could go Sep.1?

TIA
From my experience, Halloween decorations usually get put up in increments over Labor Day week. We were there last year and there was some new stuff in CarsLand every day, but it wasn't all in one night.

From my experience, Halloween decorations usually get put up in increments over Labor Day week. We were there last year and there was some new stuff in CarsLand every day, but it wasn't all in one night.
Last year I was at DL 8/19-24 and saw the Halloween decorations going up in Cars Land all week - it looked pretty complete by the 24th. Very fun to watch the progression!

if I was going 6 days I'd jsut get a magic key
The issue with this is that some have a lot of blocked out dates, as well as, the only MK available to purchase right now is the most expensive pass, Inspire Key, at $1599!!

I would just take a rest day in the middle of the 5 day ticket so you could save the last day of the ticket for 9/1. Having just returned from a 4 day trip, the rest is critical!!

Oh, how I miss the turn-5-days-into-6 ticket option of old!

For non-frequent visitors, I'm just jumping on the bandwagon-- consider a break day in between somewhere. However, also as others have said, decorations go up over many days; it's just the official opening date when they will all be up. Going the day before, I'd bet that 90% would be up.

Can I jump in and ask, what are the chances HM will open early, like maybe the 30th or 31st? Has that ever happened before?

TIA
You should be able to change your reservation dates to include September 1st. That might be the easiest thing to do.

The first day that HM opens, it will be very crowded with social media peeps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter