50th birthday ideas?

Aliceacc

DIS Veteran
I'm turning 50:scared1: in October.

After going to WDW in August, our budget will be limited. My husband has suggested a dinner out with my siblings and spouses; there would be about 14 of us (I'm one of 5 and have 3 kids.) So we're talking about $500 or so, minimum, at a nice local restaurant.

It got me started thinking about other comparatively priced options. Any ideas? A weekend in NYC? Boston? Atlantic City? A weekend elsewhere? We're both teachers, so whatever it is, it has to work around school hours.

Well if you want to go somewhere, I think AC is to much of a temptation to spend/waist to much $$. NYC is great, but there are so many options there, everyone may disagree on what to do! Boston is pretty far for me. My vote would be for Baltimore. We are going there in just about 11 weeks (but who's counting). It is a really great town - not to big, not to small. There is the Downtown Inner Harbor area, then Fells Point, which is (hopefully) going to be awesome - its a little historic town. They have a lot of stuff to do in the day, and a lot to do at night.
We are staying at the Days Inn Inner Harbor. Days Inn is not usually my cup of tea (sorry, I'm a hotel snob!), but we have stayed there before, and its really nice, and pretty cheap! We booked on Expedia.com for only 120 a night, and that's in June!
So, I vote Baltimore - they have great restaurants, great activities (Boat tours, Ghost tours baseball, museums, aquarium....) JMHO!!!!!
Have a great time whatever you do!

coming from north jersey - we like phily (sheraton society hill - classy and not that expensive) and/or baltimore (we stay at the embassy suites in hunt valley - a short light rail ride to the inner harbor) - and you can get good rates is you check out the websites - and if you want to travel both of these are not that far away - so you won't be spending a lot of time travelling - one thing we like is just the thought of not having to be home and letting someone else make dinner and clean up - so sometimes we even go to just a hotel that has a pool and it makes for a special weekend

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter