5 things that I MUST DO for the total DLRP experience

Quack said:
My 8yr old has also persuaded me to go skating at NYH (i'll be the one flat on my back :rotfl2: )
Right next to me then, my sister wants to have a go - I never quite mastered rollerskating so I can see this being a total disaster. :(

I'd forgotten you're at the DLH you'll have a character breakfast every morning - what a lovely start to the day. :cheer2:

Kath2003 said:
3. The fireworks in the evening, obviously. I took my friend when we were 18 and he LOVED it (yes, an 18 year old guy LOVED the Disney fireworks - this is testimony to how good they are if ever I saw one). Hint: if you can't find a bench, sit in front of a lamp post on Main Street/towards the castle - we waited sitting on the floor for two hours and it was nice to have something to lean back on.

So, is there a nightly fireworks show at DLP? I was hoping there would be but I read somewhere that a fireworks show is rare.

:scratchin

Not in March unfortunately - there is a special event on the 17th to mark St Patrick's Day and I believe there are green fireworks scheduled for that evening, sadly we go home the day before.

There aren't fireworks.

Two restaurants I can only recommend: Manhattan at the Hotel New York and Cape Cod at The Newport Bay.

Must-do's for me:
1. Eat at Café Mickey, whether it's character breakfast or character dinner.

2. (I realize I don't really have must-do's for DLP, I only have them for DL!) Go on the Storybookland Canal Boats, and if they are not running (during the winter time) go on Casey Jr. I NEED my picture of the Beast's castle!!!!

3. Go on BTMRR, I like the fact the ride is on an island!

4. Go on POTC. I like some elements of the DL-version better, but I also prefer some elements of the DLP-version.

5. Shop at Lilly's Boutique + look at the pictures in the lobby of Walt's (great place to eat, really!!!!!!!!!)

Have a meal at the Blue Lagoon, the food is gorgeous, the atmosphere is amazing and you really are "in the Caribbean!"

marcus.ka said:
Yes there is a huge dragon under the castle. When the park opened in 1992 the dragon was the biggest Audioanimatronic figure in the world. And the dragon is still very impressive! But be carful your kids might get a shock! :smooth:

That's always my first port of call as soon as I can get into the park. The first visit I made I was in there at the crack of dawn and I was the only one in. Really scarey! I had to go back several times before I could work out how scarey it was :hyper: :hyper: :tongue: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter