5 shares or 20.... can't decide

MrsSDW

Mouseketeer
Hi, guys

I still haven't yet got my act together to buy some DLP shares in order to get a lovely Shareholders card and experience all the discounting delights that this brings, though handily enough I realised tother day that I already have a Halifax sharedealing account so hopefully this will make things easy.

I'm now wondering if it's worth my while buying 20 shares when just 5 will do for the sake of getting the Shareholders card. I know there's the 30 Euro fee to keep the card active but I don't imagine that we'll go back to DLP very often so I'll probably just let the card lapse. Is the 30 Euro fee a renewal fee or do you have to pay it upfront for your first card?

I'd be very grateful for your advice. Thank you kindly!

ps: 8 weeks and 6 days to go!!! :banana:

its 30 euros to join the shareholders club if you only hold 5 shares, and then 30 euros every 2 years after that, when its renewal time.

If you don't think you're going to hold on to your shares, you're actually best overall buying 20. Because you then don't have the 30 euros joining fee for the shareholders club, and you'll then be selling 20 shares rather than 5. So buying 5 shares to join the club then sell them again will cost you 30 euros. Buying 20 shares to join the club then sell them again won't cost you that 30 euros.

Thanks, Elaine, that's very helpful. I imagine I'll hold onto the shares as I'm not fussed about selling them, I'm just not sure if we'd have the chance to make a return trip to DLP to get the benefit of renewing the Shareholders card when the time came.

Fiona x

You can also use your card for a 10% discount at Disney Stores in the UK and Europe if that helps.

Thanks again. I should look at the numbers and work out what's best value.

(I sound like a right tightwad, what with this question and my query on the other thread about how to get upgrade bargains!) :p

Thanks again. I should look at the numbers and work out what's best value.

(I sound like a right tightwad, what with this question and my query on the other thread about how to get upgrade bargains!) :p

no you don't - DLP can be an expensive trip, so we're all in it together to get the best value for money :thumbsup2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter