• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

5 people in Studio? Is it comfortable?

My daughter's first trip to DW we stayed 4 adults and one 3 year old in a single room in the Grand Floridian. We had two regular queen beds, a fold down sofa bed and a single bathroom. It was very cramped to say the least, but we all had a good time despite people being woken up by each other throughout the night. Our next trip my parents insisted on two rooms or a 2 bedroom villa just for a second bathroom.

If you can, upgrade to at least a 1 BR at AK-K or BLT. That way you will have a 2nd full bathroom. Or just get 2 studios.

For a night or two and only if those adults were my own kids.......pre-teens/teens/early20s. Privacy, bathroom, #of females......

1 BDR - much better option.

As others have posted their experience, it is doable. We had 3 adults and 1 teen in a studio with 2 real beds and it worked OK. DH & myself in 1 bed, grandparent and teen in the other.

It isn't easy though, especially if not immediate family. The toddler will make it more challenging. Sharing the bathroom is hard. Everybody needs to keep their stuff very tidy and out of the way.

Personally, I'd choose downgrading resort if that meant being able to get 2 studios instead. One week of possibly uncomfortable accommodations is risky.

Doable,,,yes, Enjoyable,,,probably not, I have stayed with my 3 kids who was young adults at the time and I spent a lot of time out of the room because it just felt too crowded!

If you have the points to upgrade to a 1 or 2 bedroom, I would.

Hi.. we are planning a trip this year (4 adults & 1toddler)... I can see some Studios that offer space for 5 pax .. but is the space enough to have a comfortable week together?
Thanks!

And not to be rude (I'm 6'6 295) but it also depends on how "husky" the 5 people are. 5 spots still work well because I'm fat, my wife is 5'1 and tiny, 2 kids are average, and my oldest teen son is over 6ft now....

It would be difficult and I don't know where you are considering, but I would add impossible if it is at BLT. That studio is tiny! We had a difficult time with the sleeping arrangement there with two young children and two adults.:crowded:

Last edited:

Not in my opinion. We are a family of 4 adults and I book a 2BR for us. We are staying at the Poly in March for 8 days & I've booked 2 Studios because they do not have 2BRs at that resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter