5 nights April vs 6 nights October?

Which cruise would you pick?

• Total voters

justme0729

DIS Veteran
I’ve posted a similar question before but with the new 2025 itineraries out… I’m undecided again! Which would you pick? Both are identical rooms but deciding between a “triple dip” or “double dip” (triple sounds awesome) but not sure if it’s worth it to pick April instead to save $475 and not hurricane season.-.

I’ve posted a similar question before but with the new 2025 itineraries out… I’m undecided again! Which would you pick? Both are identical rooms but deciding between a “triple dip” or “double dip” (triple sounds awesome) but not sure if it’s worth it to pick April instead to save $475 and not hurricane season.-.
Well, I'm always in the "longer is better" camp. But I'd have to wonder if the extra day in October is worth $500, plus the hurricane risk meaning any or all of the ports may be changed.

Since CC (and possibly LHP in the future) is the only port I care about, I would say and extra day at CC and another night on board would be worth 475.00 to me. As for it being hurricane season and possibly missing ports, that can really happen anytime. We are at 27 successful dockings at CC out of 28 attempts. We have sailed most months in hurricane season, and the only time we missed CC was on a February cruise.

I have that October cruise booked. Got it opening day for general public at ~$4300 for Deluxe Ocean view w veranda. The price has went up significantly.

Same ship? Same starting port? Does that factor in?

I like sooner than later. I like last week of April / first week of May over October, heat-wise and possibly fewer teens in the Spring (but it has to not be Easter Week / Spring Break. October could be Fall school break and risk if tropical storms.

We have the November 6-night sailing - hoping it won’t be so hot or have rough seas.

The price difference is not so consequential between these two vs the increase in the October fare since opened to booking.

The October sailing was a heavily booked during opening days. Expect A full ship.

It‘s hard to beat the “triple dip” of Disney beaches.

I would probably pick the October one, in the end.

We've enjoyed Oct because of the Halloween party. It seems to facilitate more interaction among passengers which we have enjoyed.
Plus it offers the extra day.

I have that October cruise booked. Got it opening day for general public at ~$4300 for Deluxe Ocean view w veranda. The price has went up significantly.
Oh wow! What category? We have also book right away but paid $5300 for category 5b

Yes we booked opening day too in an oceanview 9D for $5149. We have a family of 4 though (2 kids under 3).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter