• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

5 more days...and everyone's sick!!!!!

omalley1118

DIS Veteran
This could only happen to me!!!! 5yo son, husband and I are all sick. My 7yo dau walks around with her hand over her mouth saying, "Stay away from me!" I am literally squeaking at this point when I try to talk. 5yo has horrible allergies, so he's on the mend with a med adjustment. I am off to the doctor in the am for my annual zpack. DH si oh so stubborn--don't come crying to me when the plane hurts your ears!!!!!

OMalley1118:santa:

Hanker down and rest for the next 5 days. Things could turn around, especially if you get a lot of rest and liquids.Here is some pixie dust for you.:wizard:

I know it sounds flaky, but I swear by Emergen-C. It's worth a try and if nothing else it's nothing but good stuff :thumbsup2

Good luck!

Hope you are feeling better soon and that you have a great trip. I always end up getting sick the last two days before we leave or else on our way home and we drive so it makes for a long ride.

My whole family got sick the week before our cruise in Oct. DH and DD had a horrible flu, son had pink eye and mommy was popping Zicam like it was going out of style.

Hope you guys feel better soon!

My vacation is coming up, and I have a cold. Must have caught it from family during Thanksgiving.:headache:

If your family is okay with taking herbal pills, my mom and I SWEAR by Echinaecea. Whenever I feel like I'm getting sick, I take a few and drink Celestial Seasonings Echinaecea tea and I usually avoid getting sick. Or, if I'm already sick, I feel better much faster taking Echinaecea pills/tea than if I had taken something else. You should ask your doctor what they think about it but it has always worked well for my family. I wish you a speedy recovery and lots of magic at the parks! :wizard:

All four of us were sick before we left too. I was at the Dr on Tues, DH on Wed we left Sat. We packed lots of medicine and bought those mini vaporizers for the bedrooms. they are only $10 ea at WalMart and so great. DD5 has allergies and asthma and was hit with the cold also so we just came prepared!!

Good Luck getting better!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter