5 months out and Ohana really booked up?

DaniB

DIS Veteran
Since Disney decided to change their hours for MK in September last week, I needed to make a different reservation for O'hana's.

However, no matter what time of day I try, for the past 3 days - it says there is nothing available.

I knew people kept saying book at your 180 day mark (which I did!), but I honestly didn't think I would have trouble changing a ressie at 5 months!

What dates are you looking for?

I was able to change one day to the next (Friday from Saturday)
ffor dinner.

Ohana is one of the toughest ADR's to get. I've also noticed that trying to book any of the more popular ADR's during the time frame that people are anticipating free dining to be announced have been tough. We're going the week prior to August 15 and have had no trouble getting any of our ADR's but once we hit the 15th things were quite booked. I do think people are booking with the hope of free dining. That might be why you're running into so much trouble trying to change it. Just a thought.

It also depends on how many you are booking for. If you are looking for a table for 4, it might be very hard. However, if you change it to 5, you might find you are in luck. Just a thought, as I read that on another thread awhile back. Good luck!:thumbsup2

Yes, I'm trying to book for 4 people.

We have reservations for Fri, Sept 17th. But with MK's hours changed, I want reservations for Sat, Sept 18th instead.

Ah well - guess I'll just have to keep trying. Every day... several times a day... for the next 4 months and 3 weeks! :rolleyes:

It would be a whole lot easier if Disney just put the MK hours back the way they were! lol

It also depends on how many you are booking for. If you are looking for a table for 4, it might be very hard. However, if you change it to 5, you might find you are in luck. Just a thought, as I read that on another thread awhile back. Good luck!:thumbsup2

I tried that and went from 4 to 5 and bingo there it was.

But won't they get mad if you only have 4??

Oddly enough I accidentally typed in "8" adults and was able to get ressies for 10!! (I didn't book of course)

I just find it odd I could get ressies for 10 and not for 4. Really.

A

Yes, I'm trying to book for 4 people.

We have reservations for Fri, Sept 17th. But with MK's hours changed, I want reservations for Sat, Sept 18th instead.

Ah well - guess I'll just have to keep trying. Every day... several times a day... for the next 4 months and 3 weeks! :rolleyes:

It would be a whole lot easier if Disney just put the MK hours back the way they were! lol

Thats exactly what I had to do--switch my days because of the change in hours.
When you are looking at this reservation online it would not let me have the exact time I wanted. I needed to be flexible and had to take a time 40 minutes later then the original one.
When you are doing it-- is it telling you there are no more reservations available?

I looked at see 6:40 and 8:55 for that Saturday.

Ohana, like Le Cellier, fills up almost at the 180 mark. Keep checking. I'm sure you will eventually get something. For our May trip I had to change ADRs around in order to us to be able to attend Fantasmic. I needed Ohanas on a different day than I originally had it for. I keep checking 3-4 times per day and eventually got one exactly when I wanted it. It took over 2 weeks of obsessively checking but it did work out!

Thats exactly what I had to do--switch my days because of the change in hours.
When you are looking at this reservation online it would not let me have the exact time I wanted. I needed to be flexible and had to take a time 40 minutes later then the original one.
When you are doing it-- is it telling you there are no more reservations available?

I looked at see 6:40 and 8:55 for that Saturday.

It tells me there's "no availability at the restaurant you requested. Below are offers for alternative restaurants". It also says "We checked availability for the time requested and also the hour before and after"

ohhh hang on... I thought it was checking ALL the hours before & after, and now that I'm typing this I realize it's checking only the HOUR before & after.

Sheesh.. that seems silly. Ok, guess I need to try requesting different dining times.

UPDATED - nope, nothing... I started at 4:30 PM this time and increased the search every 15 minutes to 8:30pm. It finally offered tables at 9:30PM - yeah, not going to eat that late - lol

I tried that and went from 4 to 5 and bingo there it was.

But won't they get mad if you only have 4??

Oddly enough I accidentally typed in "8" adults and was able to get ressies for 10!! (I didn't book of course)

I just find it odd I could get ressies for 10 and not for 4. Really.

A

It's not really that odd... these are not normal reservations, they are priority seatings. This means you will be seated when a table for your party size opens up. Thus why you can still have waits with ADRs.

Disney splits their ADRs into table size categories (usually on the even numbers). So they only have so many tables for 2,4,6,8,10, ect. Then you have to fill in the odd numbers, so a party of 5 takes a table for 6 out of inventory.

So in your case, there is an open table for 10 in the system, but all the 4 tops are filled. They will not seat a party of 4 at a table for 10 or even 6 due to lost revenue.

'Ohana starts checking in walk-ups around 4:30, if my memory serves me right. There's always a line at the hostess stand. We've 'walked up' many times without a problem...at 5 pm, the restaurant is only about 25% full. At least in our experience. I think they purposefully keep a LOT of tables open for this very reason. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter