5 day, 4 night trip to WDW staying at OKW

Last full day

We have reservations for dinner at Monsieur Paul which we have been looking forward to for a very long time and this trip we were able to get reservations. We decided that today will be a day of rest before going to this special dinner. Just spending the morning and afternoon sitting around getting some things packed, sitting out on our large porch looking at the water, the fountain and the golf course. Last days are always sad. We have an early flight tomorrow so we try to get everything done today so we wont need to stress in the morning. We arrived at Monsieur Paul which is on the second floor over top of Les Chefs De France. We were seated immediately. The room is beautiful and very upscale. We were greeted by our server Luke who explained the prix fixe menu and what we can look forward to in the next few hours. Yes hours. My wife and I ordered the wine pairing to go with this menu, this is an extra cost. Luke came back to our table and brought us a starter cocktail, which you get with the menu. The whole menu was explained to us in depth. Luke was very knowlegable about the wines and the menu along with many stories from france along with the area each part of the menu is taken from. If we were to rate Luke in his knowlege and attention to detail, if the scale was 1 to 10, 10 being the best you can get we would give him 100+…thats how entertaining he was. The food was outstanding…. From the Hors D’oeurves through the fish and meat courses, I had two fish courses, the Palate cleanser to the Cheese plates and ending with Dessert. Not to mention the Wine that was served with each part of this service. Please roll me out of there. This restaurant was the best restaurant we have ever been in at any of the parks or resorts. So you have the best food ever coupled with an extreemly knowledgable and fun server Luke, which makes it the best in all Disney. I would say that if you want a special evening you can not beat this restaurant. My wife who loves wine could not drink it all and I am not a lover of wine so I would probably not get the wine paring again but you can not beat the whole experience from begining to the end. When we were leaving Luke walked us down the stairs, to the front door which he opened for us and stepped outside to wish us a great night and a gracious thank-you for coming to the restaurant and after handshakes and hugs we headed back to our resort and relaxed for our last night. That was an over the top experience.

Going home,
Next day we woke up early, finished packing and put our luggage in the car and off to Olivias for breakfast before heading to the airport for an long flight back home to Vegas. We have a layover but we do not change planes and can not exit the plane. I always figure if there is no straight through flights if you have to have a layover the next best flight to book is a layover with no change of plane, you don’t have to worry about the next plane not arriving at the gate due to weather or some other problem. After 7 1/2 hours we arrived back home with the three hour difference we were only 4 1/2 hours timewise later than when we left. We had a really nice, relaxing time and before we know it or next vacation will be here. We always try to take some time to relax while on our Disney trips. Since we go so often if we don’t see something this time we will on our next trip. I always hated rushing around trying to get everything in while on vacation and when you get back home you need a vacation from your vacation. Well that ends another fun and relaxing time at Walt Disney World.

Thanks for taking the time to read about our trip. But now its time to say good by to all our company, M.I.C. see you real soon, K.E.Y. why because we like you. M.O.U.S.E. Till next time have a great year.

Sounds like you had a marvelous trip- park time, good meals and time to relax. Your pictures of Old Key West had me missing this resort- haven't been there recently. It has a really nice vibe and I love the spacious feel. Thanks for the security tip re the door lock but I liked this even better:
I said come on in, waving this large knife in my hand. I noticed this guy had fright in his eyes and he just stood there not entering. I could not understand why until my wife yelled to me, you know you have a knife in your hand. I looked and realized how this looked and ran into the kitchen and put it in the drawer
We all have a few of these funny-once-its-over memories 🤣 Great trip report and pictures- thanks for taking the time to share.

Sounds like you had a marvelous trip- park time, good meals and time to relax. Your pictures of Old Key West had me missing this resort- haven't been there recently. It has a really nice vibe and I love the spacious feel. Thanks for the security tip re the door lock but I liked this even better:

We all have a few of these funny-once-its-over memories 🤣 Great trip report and pictures- thanks for taking the time to share.
Thank you for reading.

I opened the door and not even thinking I said come on in, waving this large knife in my hand. I noticed this guy had fright in his eyes and he just stood there not entering. I could not understand why until my wife yelled to me, you know you have a knife in your hand.
Laughed so hard I was wheezing! Thanks for the review and the chuckles. Glad you had a lovely time at Monsieur Paul, and I will have to add it to my "To Dine" list.

On a comical but serious side note, my wife had told me about how many (not necessarily at any Disney Properties) rooms have been robbed in the middle of the night by theives using a credit card to unlock the slide lock that we think makes the door safely locked but they use a credit card through the crack in the door and are able to slide the lock open and enter the room while you are sleeping. So I looked around the place for something to slide infront of this slide to make it impossible for a thief to unlock this door. I found a large surrated knife in the kitchen that I slid in between the lock and the door and this made it impossible for anyone to use a card to unlock this door. Happy with my invention we called it a night. (See pics)
to be continued

So funny! I did something similar last fall when I was in a suite with 3 exit/entry doors and I was alone on the 14th floor. One door was to the balcony and one door opened to access a back stairs and a connecting suite. The 3rd door exited to the hallway and elevators.

On entry I was not concerned. But then, what bothered me most was the wind jiggling of the back door which seemed to be coming up from the connecting downstairs suite. So I first set about stopping the jiggle. Then I got serious and used the kitchen knives to tighten up the slide latches just like you did! After that I got some sleep, but I will not stay in this particular Corner room again.

Laughed so hard I was wheezing! Thanks for the review and the chuckles. Glad you had a lovely time at Monsieur Paul, and I will have to add it to my "To Dine" list.
Thanks for reading. Monsieur Paul was a great experience and we will go again, however the wine pairing which was I think $120 extra each wasn’t worth it, only because it was way too much wine, only had a sip from each. I am not a wine lover but my wife is and she even said it was way too much wine. Our server Luke was the best. I have learned not to wave big knives in cast members faces, probably not a good idea.

I don't travel much with it now, but in my 20s, I had a small doorstopper alarm that made noise. I've thought about putting it back in play for the aggressive 8AM housekeepers check out day.

Disney has a whole lot of cameras, so from a safety perspective, I always feel safe there as far as robbery or anything like that.

I don't travel much with it now, but in my 20s, I had a small doorstopper alarm that made noise. I've thought about putting it back in play for the aggressive 8AM housekeepers check out day.

Disney has a whole lot of cameras, so from a safety perspective, I always feel safe there as far as robbery or anything like that.
We feel safe there also. I have not had the housekeepers come at 8am but I have at 10 when we had a 12:00 check out.

Nice report! The knife story is hilarious! I hadn't heard about the credit card entry thing, so that is good to know. It's good to see you hit Hoopty Doo Revue...that is one of the things I demand to hit on almost every trip (my wife does the planning, but she knows that is my one "must"). As a vegetarian, that would be a tough place for dinner though. It is a meat-fest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter