$5 charge per package delivered to WDW resort - does it apply to Garden Grocer?

Zhaan

Mouseketeer
A friend who is a TA told me there is a new policy that just went into effect this week to charge $5 per package delivered to the resort for a guest. When I read the policy (linked below), it sounds like packages mailed. However, he said he was told it would apply to grocery delivery services. If that's true it will make buying groceries from Garden Grocer too expensive. Does anyone (CM or TA) know if this will indeed apply to grocery delivery services at $5 per bag? I emailed WDW but lately I've noticed they are really slow responding and I have an upcoming trip with an already placed garden grocery order.

Thanks!

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/mail-services/

A friend who is a TA told me there is a new policy that just went into effect this week to charge $5 per package delivered to the resort for a guest. When I read the policy (linked below), it sounds like packages mailed. However, he said he was told it would apply to grocery delivery services. If that's true it will make buying groceries from Garden Grocer too expensive. Does anyone (CM or TA) know if this will indeed apply to grocery delivery services at $5 per bag? I emailed WDW but lately I've noticed they are really slow responding and I have an upcoming trip with an already placed garden grocery order.

Thanks!

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/mail-services/

I would call and ask Garden Grocer. They should know if this is a change

There has always been a fee at resorts with a conference center. i wonder if that's why it says the charge "may" apply.

I've had stuff delivered at BW which has a convention center and never been charged. I just don't want to get an unpleasant surprise on my next trip.

Thanks... We always ship our breakfast and snacks ahead of time to avoid hassles on the plane. We just sent them yesterday. Hard to tell if we'll get charged, but nice to know ahead of time that it "may" happen.

There has always been a fee at resorts with a conference center. i wonder if that's why it says the charge "may" apply.

Not for Garden Grocer deliveries which went to Bell Services, not the mail room at the Convention Center nor the Front Desk.

I've had stuff delivered at BW which has a convention center and never been charged. I just don't want to get an unpleasant surprise on my next trip.

I read on Tikiman's Facebook page a note to Poly guests saying the charge is for packages delivered to the Front desk. It is to be seen where GardenGrocer deliveries fall.

I called WDW today and spoke to a great CM. She put me on hold for a while to research and came back and told me she didn't think it would apply to grocery deliveries, but she also did not have a definitive answer. She said the policy was put in place due to overseas guests shipping packages well ahead of their trip and Disney having to store the packages. So I guess I'll find out on my next trip if groceries get the $5 fee but sounds unlikely.

I emailed Garden Grocer and asked. I also have a trip coming up and have already ordered and paid for groceries. It concerned me because it is $5 per package.

Garden Grocer said it does not apply to them. They always deliver to bell services.

I am waiting to hear from Owners Locker. Hoping I don't have to pay for that one. Again they go to bell services so I think we are good.

I called both DVC and 407 WDisney for clarification. DVC said it would not pertain to DVC resorts at all. I was transferred to a supervisor on the other call and they stated they were unaware of changes, they had received several calls, and left it at "internet rumor".

Not an internet rumor, TA's got the information straight from Disney this week. Says "may" be charged, so nothing definite on how or where, but it does specifically say deliveries to "the front desk" and doesn't mention bell services.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter