5 Adults celebrating my sons 21st. Need hotel suggestions.

smilesx4

Mouseketeer
We are traveling to Disney in February and looking for the best hotel to stay at that is mid-ranged. Since this is a 21st Birthday party maybe a family resort is not the best choice?
We have never stayed anywhere other than the budget resorts and would like to step it up a bit.

So, here are my questions.
Best resort for adults only? (me, hubby, 30-year-old, 26-year-old, 21-year-old sons)
Best resort for 21st Birthday bash? Meaning close to Epcot (family park of choice) and best fun resort wise.
We are willing to squeeze all 5 of us in a room to save money and upgrade if possible.

We are thinking Port Orleans, but again, I have never been there so not sure if that is the best choice?
I am basically driving my Disney Travel Agent nuts and need some advice from the pros...aka YOU!

Thanks!

If your budget will allow for it, I absolutely love either BWI or BWV for an adults-only trip (they have rooms that sleep 5). It's walking distance to both EP and HS, and there are lots of fun things to do on the Boardwalk itself (restaurants, bars, ESPN club). If your budget is more in line with a moderate resort, the newly remodeled Coronado Springs, and in particular the Gran Destino tower, has been getting great reviews lately (though you would need to get 2 rooms here unless you book a suite).

HTH, and good luck deciding! :)

Even though POFQ is a beautiful resort, I don’t think you can put 5 people in a room there. I don’t even remember a Pullman type of bed in their rooms.

In any case, 5 adults in any normal room would be an awfully tight fit. The pull down beds are not really for a full grown adult.

Even though POFQ is a beautiful resort, I don’t think you can put 5 people in a room there. I don’t even remember a Pullman type of bed in their rooms.

In any case, 5 adults in any normal room would be an awfully tight fit. The pull down beds are not really for a full grown adult.

Yes, I am thinking a villa is the way to go or a suite

If your budget will allow for it, I absolutely love either BWI or BWV for an adults-only trip (they have rooms that sleep 5). It's walking distance to both EP and HS, and there are lots of fun things to do on the Boardwalk itself (restaurants, bars, ESPN club). If your budget is more in line with a moderate resort, the newly remodeled Coronado Springs, and in particular the Gran Destino tower, has been getting great reviews lately (though you would need to get 2 rooms here unless you book a suite).

HTH, and good luck deciding! :)
I have wanted to stay there for the longest time. it is on my bucket list! Not sure about the price though. Will have to run numbers!

If you want to stay in the EP area, as PP stated, BWI, BC and YC all have standard resort rooms that sleep 5. You would get 2 queen beds and a daybed, which means two of the kids would have to sleep in the same bed. You could look at 2-bedroom villas at BC or BWI, but they will cost quite a bit more than a standard resort room. While not Disney properties, you could consider the Swan or Dolphin which are also within walking distance (and have boat access) to EP, DHS and the Boardwalk as the WDW EP resorts do. The Swan and Dolphin can both configure 2 bedroom suites (or you can book 2 connecting rooms) for, typically, far less than standard rooms at the EP resorts. We've booked 2-bedroom suites twice now at both Swan and Dolphin for the same price as a standard room at a monorail resort. The only, potential, downside is you don't get DME, MBs, room charging privileges (in the parks), and 180+10 dining ADRs. But the location is great and they have a nice pool complex. If you want to step it up from a value, you could also consider booking two rooms at a mod, but connecting rooms wouldn't be guaranteed.

I'd suggest any of the Epcot resorts. We stayed at BC for DD's 21st and it was great to walk into EP for a day of celebrating, For DS's 21st we stayed at SS in a 2 bedroom (had DD's finance with us so wanted more room). That worked great for space but we did like being closer to EP for a little drinking around the world. SS was great for getting to DS though for after park fun.

2 rooms at a Value to save, You will have to pay an extra adult fee at the resorts so 2 rooms a a Value could be a good Value. Or Even think about DoubleTree Suites at DS.
Kae

Pop will have the gondolas to Epcot by then, too. 5 adults in one room with one bathroom sounds like a nightmare.
Not to mention extra adult fee x3! The fee is greater as you move up from Value to Moderate to Deluxe. You really have to add it into your calculations.

AoA has Family Suites which sleep up to six, but only three beds - but two bathrooms and a microwave. It, too, will be connected to Epcot by the Skyliner.

Since POFQ was mentioned, consider two rooms at Caribbean Beach. Again, Skyliner. Two beds in each room, so each son can have his own bed. There being only one additional adult fee alleviates the cost of two rooms a little.

In addition to renting points for BCV or BWV, there's the Riviera.

I’d prefer more space over squeezing 5 adults into 1 room. I would look at Swan/Dolphin or Pop and try to get two rooms. Swan/Dolphin has the great walkability to Epcot and is great for adults. Nice pool and good food.Pop will have the gondolas to Epcot.

WE travel often as extended family however now that my DGD is approaching 18 we can no longer manage 5 in a rooom. It would be wicked tight.

There is no way on God's good Earth I would try to stuff 5 adults, especially when several of said adults were drinking that night, in a moderate that sleeps 5.

I think I woudl look at CSR or Gran Destino Tower and book two rooms. Put the "kids" in one room and the two of you can escape the carnage in the other room.

We liked OKW 2 bedroom villa, but I woudl not stay there for a birthday bash. It is out of the way from anywhere and not conducive to celebrating a 21st birthday.

We are 2 adults and a teen. We are fine in one room, but even at a deluxe or studio villa I cannot imagine being comfortable with 5 full sized people. I would stay where you can get 2 rooms, or if funds allow rent a 2 bedroom villa. I agree with PPs that BWI, BWV, or the beach club would be great options for a 21st birthday. Any of the resorts with skyliner access would be good too. If you are looking at epcot area resorts, I would suggest looking into renting DVC points.

I would book two rooms at a value. There's no way I would put 5 adults in a room with one bathroom. And, as someone else has already mentioned, the 3 extra adult fees per night.

We liked OKW 2 bedroom villa, but I woudl not stay there for a birthday bash. It is out of the way from anywhere and not conducive to celebrating a 21st birthday.

I disagree with this a bit. OKW was my first thought! The 2 bedroom villa will fit you all beautifully. And for a 21st birthday celebration, you can enjoy Disney Springs via the wonderful boat ride - lots to do and see there, with plenty of more restaurants/bars with a little less "Mickey". The bus to Epcot is simple, too.

I disagree with this a bit. OKW was my first thought! The 2 bedroom villa will fit you all beautifully. And for a 21st birthday celebration, you can enjoy Disney Springs via the wonderful boat ride - lots to do and see there, with plenty of more restaurants/bars with a little less "Mickey". The bus to Epcot is simple, too.
LOL! This just goes to show how we all have different thoughts about convenience, etc. 7 of us stayed there in December and only 2 of our crew loved the resort. It was "okay" however the two I thought would find it boring were the two who enjoyed it the most. LOL!

Honestly, no matter where anyone stays in WDW there are transportation options to get them where ever they want to go, so I think that the first thing folks should do is look at their dynamic and determine honestly what works both financially and logistically. I love deluxe stays but I would not compromise space and comfort to stay in any of them.

Yeah, I don't know if I would have wanted to share a bed with any of my siblings when I was 30.

I'd look at 2 rooms at a moderate. More bathrooms is better (especially with someone turning 21)

Usually I disagree when people talk about how they could never squeeze 5 people into one of the rooms/studios that sleep 5, but not this time when there’s 5 adults. I would personally consider any of those rooms out.

Staying on the skyliner sounds like it might work well for your trip. I would suggest 2 rooms at Pop for the space/skyliner. Another option (although not as ideally located, but an arguably nicer resort) are the DVC 1 bedrooms that sleep 5 and have 2 bathrooms. In particular we’ve done this at BLT with 5 adults and a 2 year old and found it to be very spacious. I’m not sure off the top of my head which ones are built that way, but it might be a nice compromise between a value resort and a 2 bedroom villa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter