5/27/06 "Il pochi il fiero i blabbermouths" We *will* sail again Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
chip&dale&fun said:
Dive - Dive - Dive

:laughing:

Maybe, just maybe, if it is raining this weekend, we may hit the store Scuba recommended to look at mask, fins and snorkle... And a :drinking1 on the way home....

Slow lunch today - where is everyone?

I was getting caught in the rain again.

Mark and Mary - make sure you pack your rain gear. We are definately in the afternoon rain pattern! :confused3

Are there a lot of backyard ponds in FL? Seems like they would attract snakes and alligators! I'm pretty sure we will never have one again. Definitely not low maintenance as advertised. Very pretty, though, when not overgrown with algae.

Dancind said:
Are there a lot of backyard ponds in FL? Seems like they would attract snakes and alligators! I'm pretty sure we will never have one again. Definitely not low maintenance as advertised. Very pretty, though, when not overgrown with algae.

My neighbors are building one. The real issue for them are the racoons and fox. Koi taste pretty good!

Dancind said:

There are so many retention ponds everywhere, that many people have a 'water view'... besides, the irrigation systems in all the subdivisions now use 'reclaimed water'... wouldn't be too good for the fish!!!

We have a lovely screened-in crystal-blue cement pond, with a hot tub and a waterfall. That's enough for us... I don't want to see any critters swimming in it.

Dancind said:

Our next door neighbor (here in GA) has one. It's an adjustment every spring to get used to hearing the bullfrogs every night when trying to go to sleep! We've seen a snakeskin in our yard right near the girls' swingset. The house is currently for sale. I think they'll have a hard time selling because of it. There definitely won't be any families with small children buying it.

Angie

CajunGirl2 said:
It's an adjustment every spring to get used to hearing the bullfrogs every night when trying to go to sleep!

Kinda like being in AB at POR...

kikipug said:
:fish: :fish:

Congrats on your new additions... if I bought Ray two big fish for Father's Day, they had better come with a baked potato and a lemon wedge.

HA!! CUTE!

What type of wine goes with Koi??

Mr. Scuba?? Ideas?

WDWLVR said:
Have you guys been getting rain every day? Is it just that normal quick afternoon downpour or is it more of an all -day thing? Just trying to plan for the next week.

Suggestion - PONCHOs - lots of Poncho's :umbrella: and don't plan on afternoon outings - if the sun shines then, consider yourselves blessed...We do! :sunny:

CajunGirl2 said:
Our next door neighbor (here in GA) has one. It's an adjustment every spring to get used to hearing the bullfrogs every night when trying to go to sleep! We've seen a snakeskin in our yard right near the girls' swingset. The house is currently for sale. I think they'll have a hard time selling because of it. There definitely won't be any families with small children buying it.

Angie

But some of us like snakes, they eat the bad bugs like cockroaches, and they are kinda cool to hang around your neck when you are a little girl growing up in the Florida swamps....besides, you can still wear pink! princess:

We have many in our garden and we encourage them....black racers, garter, ringnecks are the most common....

scuba diver said:
My neighbors are building one. The real issue for them are the racoons and fox. Koi taste pretty good!

Non-fluff post - Koi may look cute, but they can also be "carp" and they are a real hazard to the natural environment when they escape. They can grow over 3 feet and eat all the good natural vegetation as well as the bad stuff....so keep them enclosed.

OK - back to fluff and fun! :Pinkbounc

chip&dale&fun said:
But some of us like snakes, they eat the bad bugs like cockroaches, and they are kinda cool to hang around your neck when you are a little girl growing up in the Florida swamps....besides, you can still wear pink! princess:

We have many in our garden and we encourage them....black racers, garter, ringnecks are the most common....

As long as they're the kind that can't hurt my little girls, I'm ok with them. Just don't want any poisonous ones around.

Angie

Kevin has seen Koi at the diving hole here, in the lake. Apparently, someone set them "free". I have wondered if that was a good idea.

scuba diver said:

I wonder if that's the same fox that I see by the gate in the morning... one of these days, he's going to become a speedbump out in front of the new gas station! (Then the koi won't have to worry...)

CajunGirl2 said:
As long as they're the kind that can't hurt my little girls, I'm ok with them. Just don't want any poisonous ones around.

Angie

Always good to teach the "hands-off" approach to kids (little girls princess: ) or (little boys :wizard: ) - we have lots of the poisonous ones as well, and they will normally run away, but kids can be curious. I once had a strange hedge topiary caused by my sighting of a large, round black snake that I was not sure if it was a moccasion, so I left it alone......It left me alone and the only upset was the strange hedge design. Stopped trimming when I saw it!

Sanke smilie, snake smilie - sorry Amando - cannot find one.

Dancind said:
Kevin has seen Koi at the diving hole here, in the lake. Apparently, someone set them "free". I have wondered if that was a good idea.

Well, if they get to be 3 feet long, it's not a good idea to flush them at that point!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter