4th of July

callahanjulie10

DIS Veteran
For those who have sailed over a previous Independence Day-we are thinking of booking a 7 nighter over the 4th of July- will there be any special activities going on?

Have any changes been made since May 2002 concerning- CC gifts, picture backgrounds, shows, dining menus/themes, Lab activities for 10-12s and items that they give in the Lab (we have 3 Oceaneers Lab floppy hats!)?

Hi Callahanjulie10! Were you thinking of cruising this year? We'll be on the Eastern Magic over 4th of July. They will be having a special celebration, but no fireworks from what I hear. I take it you have children in the 10-12 age group. My DS is 10, DD4.

Yes- I was!! My DD- Lindsey is 11 and her friend Kelsi will be 11 on the day before we leave to cruise. I am thinking of booking today when I get the quote from DU! If everything goes as planned, maybe we can get the girls emailing so that they will be familiar with each other!

Julie

Julie - great, we've got 3 other dis families besides myself:

thedisneymom
stewblue
drummincoop - a honeymooning couple:)
Samsma - me and my family me36, dh46, ds10, dd4

My DS will be 11 in October, he's not admitting to the liking girls thing, but I've caught him looking! I think Stewblue is traveling with other family with small kids. thedisneymom has teenagers. According to my calculations, if you book with Dreams today, we will qualify for a gift in our cabins :Pinkbounc. What cat. are you doing? We had to have a verandah because DH smokes, but the outside with the large portholes look very nice also! I know thedisneymom, and I are both very much looking forward to this cruise. I'm more excited than my kids. Been booked since Jan. 2002! We're all going to meet at the sail away party on the port side overlooking the Goofy Pool.

We're doing a family reunion cruise so we have several 40+ types, a scattering of 70+, two 21 year old girls, 11 yr old boy, 8 yr old girl and 5 yr old girl. I've been planning this forever and I'm so excited that it is finally close that I'm floating.

Hi Stewblue:) Not long to go till final payment! That's the only thing I'm not looking forward to. At least I can put it on my Disney Visa and have a free meal at WDW out of it when we get back on dry land!

Last year on the July 4th Wonder, the drink of the day was "Stars & Stripes". The sailaway party was held indoors due to lightning and after the countdown, Celebration started playing, and there was a big, red, white, and blue balloon drop. Some of the balloons contained prizes for the kids, so everyone popped them all(sounded like fireworks).
At dinner that night along with the regular menu there was a special "American" menu featuring stuff like ribs, chicken, etc.. Somehow I didnt feel right eating ribs all dressed up in Tritons, so I stuck to the regular menu, LOL! Then we were given(yes, given) a plastic champagne glass, with the DCL logo on it, saying "DCL celebrates July 4th, 2002". They filled it with champagne and there was a nice toast during dinner. I thought that was a very nice touch!
Enjoy!

We are trying to book but it seems everything is almost gone SO it looks like we can't be too picky! We have stayed in a cat 11, 10, 8, and 7- so it won't be much of a surprise whatever we get! Look forward to meeting everyone- maybe we should do a mini dis meet and have a stars and strips drink!!!

We hope you will be joining us. Greetings Samsma and Stewblue! Can't wait for final payment. LOL .I hate to mention this but in the event of shhh(rain) during the sailaway party how about port side deck 4 overlooking the atrium. They held our party last year in the atrium. What do you think? We are praying for an outdoor party this year.

An outdoor party it will be!! So far we have been really lucky and have had beautiful weather every cruise (3 during Sept/Oct!!!) and 1 in May/June. Do any of your boys pin trade? We have really gotten into it the last 2 cruises BUT we only do it on the cruise- never at WDW! I guess it is a cruise tradition. Anyway- I am still waiting to book- at this point I will take steerage- so if you see me waiting on tables- at least I will be there!!!!!!!!!!!111

Don't even say the R word!!! Port side deck 4 in case of ****! I'll write that down. Along with all my other notes. You'll know me by the 3 inch binder with Disney Stickers all over it! Actually, its just a 1" binder, but this is only April.

Julie - We have gotten lanyards, and a few pins in anticipation of our cruise. I only do the villains, so I might have a little trouble with selection and trading, but I'll wear mine anyway. Does it look like our cruise will be sold out? Just wondering. We didn't really plan the cruise for the 4th, but for my DH's 46 birthday on the 27th (the day before we board), so I hadn't thought about it being more crowded for the holiday.

We are trying to make our final decision today- What I have been told for 2 adults/2 children availablity is:
cat 6 guar
cat 10 on decks 1/2
cat 11 on decks 1/2
like I say- we have stayed in an 11 but I LOVE the split baths so it will be either then 10 or the 6 guar.
I will be the lilly legged one with the laynard tied with a lime green DIS ribbon and a Mai Tai or some other drink in my hand!!

Well- we did it- the check goes out tomorrow!!! We opted for a cat 9 because we save about $1600 when weighed againt the 6. I can do some damage in the spa for $1600!!!! LOL
Where are you staying the night before? We always stay at the Radission-
See you in about 64 or so days:bounce: :Pinkbounc

We're staying at the hotel in the airport and will be at the ship early. We'll be the family with matching shirts. My shirt also has Dis'er on it.MyDh46 fine looking Italian whose paying for this cruise LOL,DS20 and DD14.
Samsma sorry about mentioning the ----, but thats what we had for 4 days out of 4 last year and don't want to miss meeting the Dis'ers!! :p I hope you are feeling less stressed. You need Tony to post the chocolate souffle picture for you!:Pinkbounc :bounce:

Chocolate Souffle to calm my nerves, hmmm. It'll take more than the picture I'm afraid. Forgot about my son's first baseball practice of the season today, so I'm feeling pretty rotten about myself. I hope I haven't doomed him to the bench for the season. We're also staying at the Radisson the night before. Buying my DH a birthday dinner at the Dixie Crossroads on the advice from Verandah Man. Julie - do you park at the Radisson and take the shuttle? Ever had any problems, vandalism etc.? What time do we need to check in to get an early shuttle to the port?

We matching shirts too! They are blue denium button ups with DCL on the pockets! It is too funny that we already know what we are wearing.

We have stayed at the Radission 3 times and never had a problem with vandelism- in fact- we parked in the front area- not even behind the gates once! But you never know. We hope to be there around 3 pm so we can relax by the pool- then maybe go out to dinner. The only thing I hate is eating the next morning- if you leave- you will lose your parking space! and I am not a big eater so the buffet isn't for me!
Life is hard sometimes:jester:

We are also staying at the Radisson the night before! hmmm Great minds think alike or just read the same Dis Board posts? For our family we have 2 cabins so we may join you on waiting on tables to pay for this vacation. I used to be pretty good at it about 30 yrs ago. I'm sure I still I remember how to hold that little round tray. :p

Okay thedisneymom, cancel your airport room and come on over. Did you guys get the special for 79 + tax? Is that the best rate? About how far would Titusville (Dixie Crossroads) be from our hotel?

I don't think we got the $79 rate but yes I do believe that is very good rate. You have to understand that we haven't done a vacation in quite a few years. DH and DD have tagged along on business trips with me and while they vacationed, I got to see the inside of various office buildings. That means that we have lots of pent-up vacation needs that must be met on this cruise so category 3 for DH and me. DD is bringing a friend and they will be in their own cabin. It is our 25th wedding anniversary and we plan to out "honeymoon" the honeymooners. :teeth:

We are going for the gusto! Room service beware!

I'm the only Dis'er at the airport! All of you will probably get to meet before I join you. Boy do I sound like a big baby! I didn't know about this board until after I booked everything. So I guess I'll be thinking of you guys and see you at the ship. We sound like a fun group. Buckaroo's Dad would have liked this group on the western.
Stewblue- Seems to me DCL should give you a bottle of Fairy Tale hint!hint!Out honeymoon the honeymooners, a woman after my own heart!
Samsma-Yes, there are those days where you feel like a terrible parent, but I'm sure he won't be benched. We'll have to get you 4 desserts to make you feel better! Picture this _elastic waist pants and all the desserts you can eat, suuny days, shopping, spaaaaa! feeling better LOL
:p ok stupid question-if we're flying in and don't have a car how are you getting to the Radisson? I assume they have a shuttle to the port.

What rate code did you use to get the $79? I have a coupon from the Travler for $69 BUT it is walk-in only. We went last May and there were no rates out for that time- paid $129!!!!! It is a great hotel with a waterfall pool- nice deck area- tiki hut for cocktails!!! We actually did meet up with 4 other families the night before at the Radission.

the disneymom- are you arriving late Friday night at the airport? If not- come on down however you were going to get there Saturday OR do a one way rental from the airport to the Radission. We are renting a car this time and doing a one way through Avis.

Look forward to meeting up-

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter