4th of July Question

Wislodgers

Mouseketeer
I posted on the theme park board and did not get a response. We are staying at the VWL during the 4th of July. We had thought about sitting on the beach at the Poly and watching the fireworks. Read on another board that we cannot do that....... Anyone have any ideas for firework viewing when staying at the Lodge? Is there anywhere on the other side of the lodge that you can see them. We do not want to go to the park. We have thought about PS seating at O'Hanas for dinner, maybe try to get a firework cruise(I'm sure almost impossible!), but I think we just would like to sit somewhere and watch them. Anyone have any suggestions for us? Thanks for any information!

I'd like to know the same info. We'll also be there July 4th, staying at BCV. We'd like to see fireworks but not be in the crowds. Any ideas for MK area or other areas? Does MGM resurrect Sorcery in the Sky?

I don't know about fireworks viewing, but we were there last year on the 4th, and MGM did revive the Sorcery in the Sky.

We will be staying at VWL as well for July 4th. You could pool
hop to the Poly (the pool is on the beach). Or have dinner at the poly.
Kona's is very good. We stayed at the Poly last year for
the 4th and the beach area was not overly crowded.
Hope this helps.

I don't think you can pool hop, but if you do have dinner reservations, I don't think there'd be a problem. Actually I think there's only a problem if you are intruding on people staying at the Poly. (on their patio's, etc.).

Well, unless things have changed you can sit on the beach. I took the monorail to the TTC from Epcot and walked to the Poly beach last year. Saw the fireworks and then sprinted to the Monorial and made it back to Epcot in time to see those fireworks. There were a TON of people on the beach and I can't believe they were all staying there (I did see several other people on the sprint to the monorail with me!)

I was not on anyone's patio. I do remember reading on poster last year who was a little upset that we "intruders" had messed up the beach. That said, the family next to me, was staying in one of the lagoon rooms at the Poly and kept dragging food and drink down to the beach. They made no effort to clean any of their mess up, so I think blaming the mess on the intruders was a little weak.

I think you are talking about Tikiman(Steve) and the "intruders" were on his patio watching the fireworks. He was upset that there was such a mess afetrwards but I don't think he blamed it just on the "intruders".

My room was down the way from his the last 2 years and I thought last year was a madhouse. I believe the word is out and Everyone goes there to watch. Staying elswhere this year, but the fireworks from the beach can't be beat.

You could just do like everyone else and go over on the monorail. You won't be able to get in the lot without a P.S. so if you wanted to have dinner at O'Hana that would be the way to go for parking.
There is always talk of checking resort I.D.'s but I don't think that has happened.

Good Luck, and have FUN!:D

Pool hopping privlidges for DVC members will be discontinued during the 4th of July week, so you can't hop over to the Poly pool and watch the fireworks.

I was planning on making early ps for Ohana's (probably 5:30) for dinner and then heading over to Epcot or MGM on the 4th. Will it be so crazy at the Poly that I should consider changing our plans? I was hoping that if we had dinner early enough we would be leaving before most of the crowds.

Your dinner is early enough you should be O.K. but O'hana can get backed up, so try to be there on time.

Why not plan dinner for Epcot or MGM and enjoy O'Hana and the Polynesian another night when you won't be rushed or dealing with crowds.

Can't go wrong either way! :D

Thanks for all of the ideas. We would really love to see the fireworks from the Poly beach, but I can understand if I was a paying guest there, I would not be happy about the interlopers either. I will have to put some thought into it. I love to read everyones experiences of what they have done in the past and what their plans are!

I have to agree with LvsTnk. It is the best spot in WDW for the 4th of July but each year it has gotten worse to the point where last year was not only the most crowded I have seen it (not sure which Polynesian mwstar was at) but the visitors and I am sure some of the Polynesian guests left the place a disaster. The next morning (very early) I walked out and saw the staff cleaning up and they said they had never seen the place so bad. They had it all cleaned up but who ever was on the beach 2002 most of you need to be banned from returning, and most that know me know I would not usually say something like that. Every towel from our pool was taken down to the beach and left there. Trash was everywhere and chairs from the pool and off of peoples patios were taken and left at the beach. As LvsTnk said someone even walked over to our patio and stood less than 2 feet in front of us sitting on our patio. I know it is a great spot but I have asked (along with many other requests from guests) that the ID check be enforced better. Yes in past years they have checked ID’s getting off the monorail and at the parking entrance. They were supposed to last year and did not do a very good job. I hope they do a better job in 2003 for the sake of those paying to stay there.

Other than that experience I love going to WDW around the 4th of July.

Aloha

Steve

Hi DoeWDW! I was curious how your sponsor status got activated...I am sorry this is totally off-topic, but I couldn't find the answer to my question anywhere else.

I signed up to be a silver sponsor last week and I was told I would receive info about activating my account. I have not heard anything, and was also curious, would this be sent by e-mail or snail mail?

hunnypotmama

I saw a lot of crowds. However, I went down towards the far end by the TTC and had a ton of beach space to myself. I did not have a towel, but there were empty chairs down there. Most of the crowd and mess appeared to be right in front of the main section.

I did not understand why the Poly pool attendants did not control the towels. Since I was not a guest, I did not even think about going to get a towel, but when I was walking towards the beach I saw people picking them up by the boatloads. I wondered about that.

I do know that at least one room near where I was had been rented by locals and they had about 25 people there for a "party". That kind of thing probably contributed to the mess. As I said, where I sat it was actually pretty empty with the exception of the one group with a lifetime supply of food next to me. (They were guest there and they were messy. I even heard one of them saying that for what they were charged for the room Disney could clean up!. I had a ton of fun watching them)

Originally posted by Tikiman
I know it is a great spot but I have asked (along with many other requests from guests) that the ID check be enforced better. Yes in past years they have checked ID’s

I hope they enforce it better this year. Either that or we will have to go to the MK to get away from the crowds at Polynesian. :eek:

We were there last July 4th. We were staying at the CR and came over to eat. A good hour before the fireworks started we sat down with a blanket on the grassey knoll to the right of the beach and pool area. We were one of the first there and had our pick of spots. Shortly after, it got somewhat crowed (nothing compared to fireworks at home) but didn't realize the mess until the fireworks were over. We saw the towels in the towel bins piled high.

It was a great time for my family and I hope we can do it again sometime. Standing on a patio or even near a room - I can't imagine why someone would feel it was ok to do that.

Originally posted by Tikiman
I have to agree with LvsTnk. It is the best spot in WDW for the 4th of July but each year it has gotten worse to the point where last year was not only the most crowded I have seen it (not sure which Polynesian mwstar was at) but the visitors and I am sure some of the Polynesian guests left the place a disaster. The next morning (very early) I walked out and saw the staff cleaning up and they said they had never seen the place so bad. They had it all cleaned up but who ever was on the beach 2002 most of you need to be banned from returning, and most that know me know I would not usually say something like that. Every towel from our pool was taken down to the beach and left there. Trash was everywhere and chairs from the pool and off of peoples patios were taken and left at the beach. As LvsTnk said someone even walked over to our patio and stood less than 2 feet in front of us sitting on our patio. I know it is a great spot but I have asked (along with many other requests from guests) that the ID check be enforced better. Yes in past years they have checked ID’s getting off the monorail and at the parking entrance. They were supposed to last year and did not do a very good job. I hope they do a better job in 2003 for the sake of those paying to stay there.

Other than that experience I love going to WDW around the 4th of July.

Aloha

Steve

Have to agree with Steve, we will not be staying here on the 4th anymore due to the scene last year. I really can't believe the Magic Kingdom was anymore chaotic that the Polynesian was.

I've decided to change the day we eat at o'hana's to earlier in the week. We've never eaten there before, and I figure it will be more enjoyable without all the chaos. that's a shame what people did last year:(

Every year for the last 10 we have been at WDW during July 4th. We learned early on to avoid the MK area on the 4th itself. The park is way too crowded (unless you go at opening and just stay a few hours) and everyone gets the idea to eat at the Poly, CR, or GF and catch the fireworks on a beach or grassy area.

Personally, we stick to Epcot on the 4th. The park is larger and more spacious, and if you want to see the fireworks without going into the park, there are many vantage points from around the YC/BC/BW area to view them. If you time it right, you can catch the fireworks at MGM from this area also.:):):)

:sunny::bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :sunny:

People traveling to WDW for the 4th want to see that particular MK display and it is spectacular. Very patriotic :D

All the other fireworks are great and it is nice to be able to walk around and see fireworks, but I can understand why people flock to the Polynesian beach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter