4th of July?? Epcot vs MK

Merida816

Earning My Ears
Hi All! trying to figure out plans for the fourth :earsboy:--Was going to just do MK, but I'm wondering if Epcot is better for activities around the park. Has anyone been, and if so, what do you guys recommend? Thanks!!!

We went last summer and did MK dessert party for fireworks on 3rd and Epcot one for the 4th. We greatly preferred the Epcot fireworks to the MK ones! Illuminations is shown first then a 4th of July show after it. It was breathtaking - literally. I couldn’t breathe from the massive fireworks booms echoing in my chest. It was so impressive. Never enjoyed another fireworks display more! I would go there every 4th if I could. It was so impressive. There were tons of people there and the fireworks were delayed for storms (we were high and dry at the dessert party which was more awesome than I can say) and had front and center viewing - the place was packed so stake out a spot early but so worth it.

Epcot seemingly absorbs more people, but we were at Epcot last Sunday and between the Flower Festival and Dapper Days, it was really packed. We tried to go against the crowds and headed over to World Showcase as soon as it opened and that helped a bit, but it was still jammed. And we’ve been at the MK on July 4 many times and already know how crazy that can be. So my instincts say Epcot for the extra space, although not so much depending on the festivities. We had a great time - Garden Rocks with ELO was fantastic! :cool1: - but we had lots of company! So Independence Day will be very similar - if not more so - at the theme parks.

Voices of liberty do dual concerts that day. One inside their regular spot with CM on bottom and second floor and outside at Garden's Theater. They are absolutely stunning

Voices of liberty do dual concerts that day. One inside their regular spot with CM on bottom and second floor and outside at Garden's Theater. They are absolutely stunning

Oh yes! The Voices of Liberty is awesome on July 4! Also it is pretty cool to see the American Adventure show on the 4th!

We are going to experience July 4 celebration for the first time this summer and since we are from Norway we are really looking forward to celebrate your Independence Day in USA
I am not sure if we are going to a park July 3, but I have booked dinner at California Grill on July 3 so we can see the fireworks later in the evening.

We are going to Epcot on July 4 and we have already ADR’s for Garden Grill 8 a.m
It will be a long day.
I am not sure if they will close if the park would get full?
Maybe we could take a break outside the park in the middle of the day?

Not sure where we would eat dinner yet.
I am looking forward to hear the Voices of Liberty and the fireworks show (we love Illumination)
We will also have matching 4 of July shirts (DD and I)

We are going to experience July 4 celebration for the first time this summer and since we are from Norway we are really looking forward to celebrate your Independence Day in USA
I am not sure if we are going to a park July 3, but I have booked dinner at California Grill on July 3 so we can see the fireworks later in the evening.

We are going to Epcot on July 4 and we have already ADR’s for Garden Grill 8 a.m
It will be a long day.
I am not sure if they will close if the park would get full?
Maybe we could take a break outside the park in the middle of the day?

Not sure where we would eat dinner yet.
I am looking forward to hear the Voices of Liberty and the fireworks show (we love Illumination)
We will also have matching 4 of July shirts (DD and I)

I have never heard of Epcot teaching capacity closures. We took an afternoon break that day to rest and returned around dinner time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter