4th of July at Disney

BlueSuitDonald

Mouseketeer
we will be there over the 4th next year. Which park would you recommend for that night? I'm sure magic kingdom will be packed. I think it is between Magic Kingdom or Epcot.

For July 4th and NYE is a special show, not the normal Illuminations

Awesome! Thanks! So illuminations will not happen on the 4th? It will be different?
On New Year’s Eve, they do Illuminations at a normal time and the special fireworks at midnight. On July 4th, I think they only do the one show.

Your choosing one one of the busiest days if the year. Both will be insanely crowded but at least there is more to do at Magic Kingdom. Its going to be hot and crazy crowded but if you're set on a park that day and those are your two options Id pick MK

I thought maybe going to Epcot might be better that night even though it will be crowded because we would just be doing world showcase, no rides.

We had late night emh on the 3rd
So we told ourselves we'd experienced mk on the 4th

Later on in the morning..We went to hs and it was fab.

We usually go to WDW on the 4th. Our best one was going to a water park during the day and eating at the Poly at night. The dinner was stopped and we watched the fireworks over the lagoon.

Loved July 4th at MK this year. I will concede that the show is a bit on the short side for my tastes, but there are parts that are absolutely breathtaking.

FYI, for the 7/3 and 7/4 show the big fireworks that are shot off in the traditional spot behind the MK are also “simulcast” on the island in the middle of the Seven Seas Lagoon - in addition to certain segments of the show that have the perimeter shots (like in the pic below). This makes for more quality viewing options outside the MK than a standard fireworks show, if you want an alternative over being in the park.

July 4 2017.JPG

Loved July 4th at MK this year. I will concede that the show is a bit on the short side for my tastes, but there are parts that are absolutely breathtaking.

FYI, for the 7/3 and 7/4 show the big fireworks that are shot off in the traditional spot behind the MK are also “simulcast” on the island in the middle of the Seven Seas Lagoon - in addition to certain segments of the show that have the perimeter shots (like in the pic below). This makes for more quality viewing options outside the MK than a standard fireworks show, if you want an alternative over being in the park.

View attachment 282984

Where did you stay? Are you going again next year?

We usually go to WDW on the 4th. Our best one was going to a water park during the day and eating at the Poly at night. The dinner was stopped and we watched the fireworks over the lagoon.
That sounds like an awesome day.

How were the water parks? Crowded? Thanks!

Where did you stay? Are you going again next year?

Stayed at Poly, which made 7/4 pretty easy to be honest. I’d like to go again - I found crowds GREAT and despite what many people think it’s actually one of the cheaper times of year, resort rate wise.

Stayed at Poly, which made 7/4 pretty easy to be honest. I’d like to go again - I found crowds GREAT and despite what many people think it’s actually one of the cheaper times of year, resort rate wise.

:darth: Will be there!! Right now booked at CCV, but may try to do a split stay with BLT or BC. I'm a little anxious about it.

We had booked a bounce back for 2nd week in July and now may have to reschedule to 4the of July week. I have never been to Disney in July and I was trying to avoid that first week due to the crowds but how bad is it? Do the crowds thin out on the 5th or do they stay high all week?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter