4n magic animation magic?

KGmomoftwins

DIS Veteran
So I can set expectations.. Is there animation magic drawing in Animators pallet on a 4 night sailing? Thanks!

No. Any second show specific to a MDR will only be shown if all guests can experience it. You need six evenings or more for that to be possible.

No. Any second show specific to a MDR will only be shown if all guests can experience it. You need six evenings or more for that to be possible.
Interesting because I did see a report of it happening on a 5 night so thought maybe just maybe on a 4.

Interesting because I did see a report of it happening on a 5 night so thought maybe just maybe on a 4.
I’ve never read that they’ve switched the order between the ‘Drawn to Magic’ and ‘Animation Magic’ shows. The second one, where you draw your character, has always been offered on Magic during your second (or third if sailing on a 7+ cruise with AP being your thrice repeating MDR) visit to AP. The title of the shows being very similar and even confusing, it’s easy to mix them up when writing a trip report.

I have definitely done it on a 5 night Magic sailing. I have a 4 night scheduled in a few weeks, I can update after.
thank you so very much for this! I’m debating switching our 4n to a 5n magic next summer but it’s a big price increase. I know it’s silly but that drawing night is something my family really loves and I’m sure they would be fine without it but it’s something unique we love! Have a wonderful cruise! 💗

I have definitely done it on a 5 night Magic sailing. I have a 4 night scheduled in a few weeks, I can update after.
In 8 years of following these boards I've never heard of Disney having the drawing on your placemats except when everyone gets a 2nd time through Animator's Palate so no one gets left out. Are you sure that you aren't confusing a previous Magic 5 night with a different cruise?

We've done two 5-night Magic sailings and did not have it. We've never done it on anything less than 7 nights.

Did a 4nt out of New Orleans on the Magic in February. We weren't given the opportunity to draw on that cruise. I wasn't sorry about it since I'm a horrible artist, and when watching YT videos, I thought the drawings were creepy. I expect I will be getting creeped out next year on our return trip to the Magic on the 7nt cruise. Yay!

In 8 years of following these boards I've never heard of Disney having the drawing on your placemats except when everyone gets a 2nd time through Animator's Palate so no one gets left out. Are you sure that you aren't confusing a previous Magic 5 night with a different cruise?
I’m positive. It was fall of 2021 so everything was a little wonky post-Covid, but it was definitely a 5 night on the Magic and we did it on the first night in AP. The only other times we’ve done it were 7 nights on the Fantasy.

I know this is an old thread but in October 2022 out of NYC on the Magic 5n to Bermuda, we had Drawn to Animation. Yup, was shocked and I had to scramble to get ready for it..

Attachments

• IMG_0593.jpeg
    IMG_0593.jpeg
    125.8 KB · Views: 2
I know this is an old thread but in October 2022 out of NYC on the Magic 5n to Bermuda, we had Drawn to Animation. Yup, was shocked and I had to scramble to get ready for it..
Were you in Animator’s Palate once or twice? It is possible that the drawing activity is provided to everyone on their first AP visit on some cruises. I would be surprised if it is provided for some guests but not others depending on their rotation, but that could be.

We most definitely did the drawing on the placemat on a 5 night cruise. We sailed on the Magic from Miami, 2 days after Thanksgiving 2021.
1709393360566.png

The price was incredible too. :cloud9:
It was a 5-night double dip, VGT rate for $2213.

Our upcoming double dip on the Dream: $3950.66 for Cat. 4E and includes OBB discount. :crazy:

We sailed as much as I possibly could in those early days of the re-start. I could only use so much of my vacation time because we had a 14-nt WBPC sailing that March and needed to save time for that.
I'm not complaining; it's a beautiful dilemma to have. :goodvibes

Were you in Animator’s Palate once or twice? It is possible that the drawing activity is provided to everyone on their first AP visit on some cruises. I would be surprised if it is provided for some guests but not others depending on their rotation, but that could be.
It should be offered on all cruises. It's the highlight of eating in AP.

The info we aren’t getting is whether the drawing was done by all guests (meaning everyone’s visit to AP). I suspect it was. It could have been a choice to switch it up or they could have had technical problems.

Just to add to this, I did it on the 6 night Bermuda cruise last October. We didn’t have a Pirate Night menu on that cruise so everyone got 2 rotational menus for each restaurant.

I also had it on a b2b 4/3n on the Wonder in December 2022, on both cruises. I actually love the other show on the Wonder and Magic too so I was a bit disappointed 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter