499 days out for booking window

Brumeiser

Total Disney Nut
Is it day of check in or is it from the day of checkout? Have not heard from travel agent so before I bug her I would like to know this information. Thanks everyone.

Do you mean if we are going 5/6-5/15 2020 I count from 5/15?

I originally did from 5/6 and it gave me Christmas Eve as the day I can call. :)
Walt Disney World Resort accommodations can be booked a maximum of 499 days in advance of the check-out date (not from your arrival date.). So your magical day is January 2, 2019 for a room only reservation (for 5/6 -5/15). Other items to consider: Advanced Dining Reservations (ADRs), Tours and all Recreation activities scheduling opens on November 8, 2019.

Note: 2020 is also a leap year.

Dave

Walt Disney World Resort accommodations can be booked a maximum of 499 days in advance of the check-out date (not from your arrival date.). So your magical day is January 2, 2019 for a room only reservation (for 5/6 -5/15). Other items to consider: Advanced Dining Reservations (ADRs), Tours and all Recreation activities scheduling opens on November 8, 2019.

Note: 2020 is also a leap year.

Dave

Hey thanks for that! Very helpful! :)

Where does one go to make the reservations? I went on Disney's website and couldn't find anything past 2018. Is it through a specific Disney agent? Any info would be great. Thanks in advance.

Where does one go to make the reservations? I went on Disney's website and couldn't find anything past 2018. Is it through a specific Disney agent? Any info would be great. Thanks in advance.

407-W-DISNEY

You have to call.

Why is it a good idea to book that far out? Can you convert a room-only reservation to a package with tickets later?

Why is it a good idea to book that far out?

Some people like getting their trip "on the books" as soon as possible. Gives them more time to save or pay down the balance. Plus some popular room types book up fast.

Can you convert a room-only reservation to a package with tickets later?

You would have to cancel the room only, wait for your deposit to be refunded, book a package and put down a new $200 deposit.

Some people like getting their trip "on the books" as soon as possible. Gives them more time to save or pay down the balance. Plus some popular room types book up fast.

Gotcha! I'm looking at (and dreaming of) a March 2020 trip. Looks like I need to wait until Sept-Oct 2019 for the spring discounts to be announced. I don't care much about what room we get, as long as we get one. :)

Usually June-July time frame.
Thanks so much! One more n00b question, if you don't mind...

If I call and reserve a room now for 2019, and then a discount comes out for the time that I will be there, can they just adjust the rate? Or do I have to completely cancel and rebook to get the discount?

Thanks so much! One more n00b question, if you don't mind...

If I call and reserve a room now for 2019, and then a discount comes out for the time that I will be there, can they just adjust the rate? Or do I have to completely cancel and rebook to get the discount?

If there is discount availability for your resort and room class then they will just apply it to your existing reservation. You must call and request it though, it doesn't happen automatically.

I just called to check on a few 10 day blocks in May of 2019 and October of 2019 for the following:
Art of Animation
Pop Century
Swan/Dolphin

and they were all booked. I couldn't believe they are booked this early-that is incredible.

Anyone have any tips on how to get the place/date that you would like? How early is safe?

Anytime you look at a 10 day block you may run into this type of problem. It could be a single day that is booked. Try 2 smaller blocks for your searching.

The Swan / Dolphin are convention hotels that have regular conventions during May and October every year. Again it could be a single day that is blocking your 10 day window.

Dave

I just called to check on a few 10 day blocks in May of 2019 and October of 2019 for the following:
Art of Animation
Pop Century
Swan/Dolphin

and they were all booked. I couldn't believe they are booked this early-that is incredible.

Anyone have any tips on how to get the place/date that you would like? How early is safe?
Were you asking Disney about Swan/Dolphin inventory? They can book rooms there, but they only get a small slice of the overall Swan/Dolphin inventory.

I'm an SPG member and was looking at swan/dolphin for dates in May 2019 too. I wanted to do stay 4 nights get 5th night free. There were not very many periods of time that you could book 5 nights in a row because some days were already booked out. I'm going to just transfer my points to use for flights and pay to stay at coronado.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter