$42 for waffle and sausage!

Really? The same price for lunch and dinner an no characters? Holy cow!!

I just went to double check, to make sure I'm not spewing misinformation, and it turned out I was!

Chef Mickey's is only open for breakfast, at least that's what I see online. They're open from 7:00 am - 11:30 am, at least for the next 60 days.

So breakfast is $25/$14, and there's no lunch/dinner at all!

42 bucks for that is crazy. I would need that, steak and eggs plus all you can drink momosa with beer chaser. And mickey and friends. Oh well, whatever keeps Disney World open is fine by me.

42 bucks for that is crazy. I would need that, steak and eggs plus all you can drink momosa with beer chaser. And mickey and friends. Oh well, whatever keeps Disney World open is fine by me.
Hey if they can get people to pay that, good for them. They just won't get it from me, for Topolinos.

Seems high but if you look at the menu there are options, which seems just as out of line. Hey the kids Fruit and Yogurt for $27 seems like such a deal... not.

I would have checked the menu to see what you are getting for that cost. I always recommend checking and planning meals before going. It’s a choice so should not be surprised. They indicated no character interaction so should not expect them.

HBD has a $33 chicken sandwich and no characters. Tis the Disney way.

Strike that. I’ve been looking at menus often to keep track of when they change. The chicken sandwich that was showing up as $33 for weeks now has finally corrected to $19. Glory be!

Last edited:

Seems high but if you look at the menu there are options, which seems just as out of line. Hey the kids Fruit and Yogurt for $27 seems like such a deal... not.

One of my big issues with this restaurant is how over priced it is. Someone can try to make an excuse but nope sorry over priced and even more so without character photos. Without the dining plan being offered hopefully these places are hurting for business so they rethink them (doubtful though).

Whats weird is you would think Disney would at least throw a bone and bring out a character that was only at that location to get people interested.

If that is correct,, it just makes me happy that we own DVC and have a kitchenette and can buy all of our breakfast foods before we get to our resort.
Of course, you can look at the menu and know the prices before you get there and make your own decisions about eating there.

If that is correct,, it just makes me happy that we own DVC and have a kitchenette and can buy all of our breakfast foods before we get to our resort.
Of course, you can look at the menu and know the prices before you get there and make your own decisions about eating there.
Right. I really had no idea it was that much for a plate of such until I was watching Micheal Kay's video.

Chef Mickey's dropped the price of breakfast by a fair bit, I wonder why Topolino's didn't. Though CM's lunch and dinner are still the same price as before the pandemic.

Because CM no longer has characters at all while Topolino's still does. It costs the same for Disney to have them there as it did before, even though you can't meet them up close now.

Unreal. $42 for a waffle and sausage at Topolinos. And no pics with the characters. Unreal.
View attachment 510711
The characters are still there & you can photograph them. They do pose for your table- you just can't get in the picture yourself. Also, there are muffins, croissants & other pastries given to each table, as well.

Character dining is always expensive. We loved our character breakfast at Topolino's yesterday & thought it was worth it. The characters were in great form and it was fun to see them and take pictures of them throughout breakfast.

$42 for a good character breakfast isn't surprising at WDW, where a plain bottle of water costs $3.50. All prices are inflated at WDW. That doesn't make Topolino's breakfast a rip-off. You're still getting a full breakfast & the characters. You just can't pose with them due to Covid.

Last edited:
Chef Mickey's dropped the price of breakfast by a fair bit, I wonder why Topolino's didn't. Though CM's lunch and dinner are still the same price as before the pandemic.

I may be wrong, but for Topolino's aren't they charging you more for the ambiance of the restaurant? It was designed to be a signature restaurant right. I think it would be a 2 credit one on the dining plan. So you'd expect similar restaurants to have similar price points. The character dining throws the perception off, but still a signature and I don't see them dropping prices on signature too much even with current events. I think they should but get why they haven't.

Chef Mickey's for $25 sounds like a screaming deal by comparison.
Right! But, the funny thing is that everyone is so impressed with how cheap Chef Mickey's $25 breakfast is. But, right up to the closing, The Wave used to have an all-you can eat breakfast buffet for that amount, that had a lot of choices, and the choices were really nice quality. Like instead of plain pancakes, it was sweet potato pancakes. They had plain eggs, but they also had eggs benedict. They had a really nice variety of very fresh fruit and berries. And guests were not going wild about The Wave. You never heard of anyone saying The Wave's breakfast was a must-do ADR.

So Disney basically turned Chef mickey's into a more basic version of The Wave's breakfast, at the same price, in the same hotel. And simply because it used to be a character meal that used to charge an extra $15/person for the character interaction, now everyone thinks Chef Mickey's is a roaring deal (including me, I made a reservation for one morning, LOL!).

Topolino's breakfast still features characters. Chef Mickey's doesn't.

Here’s a review with better pictures.

it’s from December, so keep that in mind.https://www.wdwinfo.com/walt-disney-world/dining-review-breakfast-a-la-art-with-mickey-friends-at-topolinos-terrace/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter