40th Birthday

wdwlovin'family

Mouseketeer
I have a day off today and am just filled with questions...

One of the big things we are celebrating on our cruise is my sister's 40th birthday. Her birthday is the day that we are scheduled to be at Castaway Cay, so it will also be pirate night. I am looking for things/ideas to surprise her with and make it special. I have looked at the Happy Birthday package but I think it's really pricey for what you get. Beyond celebration cakes, what can we do or ask for while on board to help make it special? Can we ask them to wish her a happy birthday at the pirate party? Are there any room packages that you have felt are really worth ordering for such an occasion?

What about a massage or special excursion on CAstaway?

We are celebrating our anniversary on our next cruise. It is the day we are at Castaway. We plan on relaxing on the beach followed by a Palo dinner.

No, they will not wish her a HB during the pirate party. They will bring her a birthday dessert at dinner and sing to her. If you opt for Palo that night, they will bring a spun sugar plate sculpture (they look pretty, but they don't last long). Guest Services or your head server can supply a HB or "I'm Celebrating" button. Those are the freebies.

You can buy a decorations package, but it will be up before you board. And I don't think it is a good value, but that's my opinion. On some occasions, I brought my own decorations and put them up while the birthday girl was sleeping. Remember that tape cannot be used.

For an adult.....yeah, something in the spa is a nice idea. We had no problem getting a booking right after CC all aboard time.

I would note it on the reservation and grab a happy birthday button from guest services after boarding. Maybe make or ring our iwn door decorations (for the day or the entire cruise). Honestly, there's so much to do and going on and most food/treats being included, I wouldn't pay extra for that type of thing. CMs will definitely be wishing you well between the button and your reservation, so that's plenty of pixie dust for us! :thumbsup2

I vote for a cabana massage! $150 that she will never, ever, ever forget! :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter