40th Birthday Couple Trip - x posted

chekhovgirl

DIS Veteran
Hi all, I'm planning two years ahead for my 40th, always wanted the chance to explore Disney how I would without the kids, and now that we have four (Brady Bunch situation!) I am even more looking forward to staying in a place we normally couldn't afford with our crew, but mostly spending quality time with my (soon to be) husband. Don't worry, we're taking the kids in April 2020 :-)

The biggest thing I'm trying to figure out now is where to stay so I can budget and also reserve when I need to. We always stay at Bonnet Creek because we love it and also because of the sheer number of people we're usually traveling with (kids plus extended family), so this time I'd like to stay on Disney property (I think my last time was 2011 in POFQ!).

Here's what I'm looking for in a resort for March 2021:

• A resort that highlights being outdoors (I'd prefer a Poly or Riverside feel to the Contemporary or POP)
  • Pool and hot tubs! We're coming from New England and want to be in water
  • Moderate room or Deluxe via DVC point rental - so would love suggestions about that!
  • Location that you think would be good for adult dining, activities, and also resort hopping - always wanted to check out more resorts without the kids in tow!
  • Don't need to be on the monorail, but would be nice to have a transportation option other than the bus
Would love suggestions/insights on your experience. Want to keep it under $300 and considering a split stay!

Thank you!

My 1st thoughts are WL - definitely has the outdoor feel, has a beautiful pool ( I'm also certain it also has a hot tub ), it has many dining options- many that get great reviews. You also can take a boat from the resort to MK.

My other thought is BC or YC - walking distance to EP and HS, tons of dining option, one of the best pools on property and you can easily enjoy offerings at BWI, Swan and Dolphin.

Happy Birthday!!! Our personal favorite is Old Key West resort. Kind of out of the way, small and quiet, but still on site with all the Disney features. As a DVC property, points can be used, and they don't fill up as quick as some of the other properties.

I would recommend a resort in the Epcot since you want to resort hop and it's very easy to walk or take a boat over to Epcot/Hollywood Studios. In that area you have Beach Club, Yacht Club, Boardwalk, Swan, & Dolphin plus some really nice restaurants for an adults only meal (Shula's at the Dolphin & Flying Fish at Boardwalk). You can usually get a very good price on DVC rentals at the Boardwalk.

I did my 40th at WDW a coupleish years ago. We stayed at the Poly for similar reasons (We don't have kids, but wanted to stay somewhere "splurgy" that we normally wouldn't spring for.) It was great because we did the Luau on arrival day, there are good bars at the resort, it has a nice pool, and monorail transportation. We had a first floor room on the marina with a little patio and it was nice to eat breakfast out there or just sit with a book and a drink if we were taking a mid-day break. It may not fit into the budget you have depending on time of year, but it really did make that milestone birthday special.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter