• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

40 years ago...

Dan Murphy

We are family.
40 years ago today, Marie and I each took a big step and married each other. 40 years later, 2 children later...Natalie and Vince, 4 grandsons later...Jeremy, Keegan, Christopher and Griffin, we are still chugging along. A few medical hiccups along the way, the usual ups and downs along the way, all the usual stuff, but still plugging along.

10 years ago today, 9/11/2001, we were preparing to celebrate our 30th. What has now become forever known as 9/11 put a one year delay on those plans. We celebrated both our 30th and 31st one year later, 9/11/2002.

It's been a long road, not always straight and smooth, but always generally in the right direction. That road still extends out into the future for us both. Later today, Marie and I are having dinner at a nice restaurant nearby. Natalie will be there to join us. Vince is at the firehouse today, working, somewhat poignantly, on the 10th anniversary of 9/11. Right now, we, as we were then 10 years ago, have been watching the TV almost constantly this morning, filled with the sadness of the day, but also seeing the determination of a nation, a people, to both, not only remember and celebrate and memorialize the past, but also celebrate the future yet to come.

Thanks for letting me share.

I'm so happy for the two of you...40 years together, what a milestone! :)

But also sorry that this date of celebration for the two of you has also become a date of infamy.

:hug:

My BIL/SIL also got married on this day in 1999. They try every year to not think about what the date is now...but the joy of getting married on that special Saturday in 1999.

Nice post, Gramps. :)

All my best to you and Lady M.

Happy Anniversary!

I have a small idea of how you feel. News went around at my wedding reception that Lady Diana had died. It added a strange vibe to the day and people remember our anniversary, but for the wrong reasons!

I hope you are able to celebrate your marriage, even on this somber day.

Happy Anniversary to you Dan! You know I love your courting story. :) Love you both!!

SWEET! Happy 40th Anniversary Dan and Marie! Enjoy your dinner and life together :thumbsup2

Enjoy your day and a very happy anniversary to you both!

Oh Dan, Happy Anniversary and Congratulations to you both!:goodvibes Im so glad I saw this post. I have been out of the loop for a while, and had no idea you were up to 4 little guys in the family. How exciting!!!!

I hope you have a magical day!

I remember you telling me that your anniversary was 9/11, Dan, and I remember thinking how sad that you have to share such a blessing with such a tragedy.

But as I learned in grievance counseling, dates are just dates, what you treasure about the days become memories and that's what really matters.

You two are my heroes. Your exemplify TRUE LOVE in so many ways. Sickness,health, better, worse.... 40 years of a roller coaster road to the life you celebrate today.

God bless you both.

images

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter