4 week count down... some questions

mshanson3121

DIS Veteran
Four weeks from today we land in sunny Florida! So, all our ADRs are booked, Fastpasses are booked, Magic Bands were shipped today, Memory Maker is purchased. So... what is left? Is there anything special that I should do these last few weeks? What things should I have printed out to take with me? Any other tips?

Also, any packing tips/suggestions? Things that we absolutely must take and don't want to forget? I do have Frogg Toggs bought for all of us. Anything else we'll need to beat the Florida heat? lol. Or, since that's an impossibility, to at least survive the heat? Best sunscreen?

I have read before about sprays or something that can help with chaffing in sensitive areas due to walking/sweat etc... Suggestions? (for male and female alike)?

Ladies... what are the best underwear that you have found (bras/panties) as far as being the most comfortable?

Also, since we have a house we plan on packing snacks for the parks most days. What are some good suggestions, anything that we can slowly stock up on over the next few weeks if we see a good sale etc? Do you find it better to just take a water bottle and refill it, or to take several of your own purchaed drinks? Has anyone ever tried the sof, collapsible Platypus bottles/pouches?

Last edited:
I typically wear the same undergarments at home as I do at WDW - the trick with Bras is to take several. Nothing worse than putting a damp bra back on after an afternoon break. Powder is your friend.

Stock up on Sunscreen, bottled water (we usually take one and just refill - that way if it gets forgotten during the day we aren't out any extra money). Pringles or chips in stackable containers are great for picnic lunches or snacks because they don't crush. Once a tube is empty, shake out the crumbs and reload with peanut butter cracker packs or any other crushable snack your family likes.

I agree with dprincessmom about bringing enough bras. Damp bras are the worst!
Also while not undergarments, for our Aug. trip last year (our first summer trip) I followed posters' advice about moisture-wicking clothing even though it's usually not my thing. It was awesome and I'm so glad I did! I bought some tops from Target (champion brand) and some Under Armour ones, just regular t-shirt and tank top style, and some UA and Nike skorts. Best decision ever, I really felt the difference when wearing those vs. the couple days I didn't wear them. So if you have that stuff in your wardrobe, bring them! If not, buy some :)

I agree with dprincessmom about bringing enough bras. Damp bras are the worst!
Also while not undergarments, for our Aug. trip last year (our first summer trip) I followed posters' advice about moisture-wicking clothing even though it's usually not my thing. It was awesome and I'm so glad I did! I bought some tops from Target (champion brand) and some Under Armour ones, just regular t-shirt and tank top style, and some UA and Nike skorts. Best decision ever, I really felt the difference when wearing those vs. the couple days I didn't wear them. So if you have that stuff in your wardrobe, bring them! If not, buy some :)

I don't own any moisture wicking stuff, though I had planned on just wearing loose maxi dresses each day, as I find those so much cooler than wearing shorts etc... I have thought of sports bras though, perhaps they'd be better at moisture wicking

I saw a segment on TV last week that studied the effectiveness of sun screen (I have 2 redheads so sunscreen is a big focus for us, especially since we will be in Florida in July). The one that actually stuck out to me as an Equate (Walmart version) basic sunscreen. It did great on the tests and is inexpensive. I literally went the next day and bought some because we had a big Memorial Day weekend planned and wanted to avoid the burn. It worked fantastic! It is called Equate Ultra Protection 50.

I wear the same undergarments as I wear at home but I do have two sticks of Body Glide. One is for my feet, each morning I rub it all along the bottoms, edges, tops and heels of my feet. Even if those spots aren't going to touch my shoes it is just habit. Don't forget the outside of the little toe! I am pooh sized and chaffing can be an issue so each morning I rub some on those spots on my legs that could be trouble and have never had a problem. Now, I honestly don't know if I would have a problem without it but for me it is not worth the risk because once the chaffing or blisters set in OUCH!

I bought a 3 pack of tiny fans with the water compartment that have a carabiner to hook on to a key chain/bag zipper. I have plenty of batteries for them ready to go.

Don't forget to order beer, wine, water and snacks from Garden Grocer. It is a lot cheaper than the lounges and resort store.

about the food remember food will melt so anything that can will but I would bring any that you like to eat on a day to day basic with you disney let you bring food in with you ( I was just there for 6 days and brought all my food but for 2 meals) and remember that what you bring you will have to carry ( or buy a locker) so I bring one water bottle and freeze it so it stays cool longer some people do not like the test of FL water so you may want to get some thing to put in if you want to refill it mid day Walgrees have some cooling cloths with the deodorant they are a but pricy but I find they work very good they are a one time use cloth but if you need to freshen up mid day with out going back to the hotel they are great

and it will rain so be prepared for it you can buy poncho at home much cheep then at disney

What things should I have printed out to take with me? Any other tips?
Here's my daybag packing list, printed stuff first:
Copy of barcode side of park tickets
Tour plans (I like RideMax)
Sunscreen
Bandaids, antibiotic cream
Moleskin or blister bandages
Sport bottles for water (see tip below)
Ponchos or garbage bags (for Splash Mtn and/or Kali and/or afternoon rain)
Snacks in ziploc so they don't get wet
Tylenol, Tums
Small bottle sanitizer
Camera
Cash/CC + ID if buying alcohol
Autograph book and sharpie

Do you find it better to just take a water bottle and refill it, or to take several of your own purchaed drinks? Has anyone ever tried the sof, collapsible Platypus bottles/pouches?
I posted this tip yesterday.

Oh no, I have literally gotten burned by great so called value sunscreen! Legendarily!!

Personally, I'd skip bringing all bags. Those bag check lines are killer. I have a mini wallet or inside clothes money strap and that's about it. I can fit my credit cards/DL/insurance card and phone, a protein bar, a tiny back up battery, a face sunscreen stick (so it doesn't burn eyes but you can put it anywhere) and a ChapStick. Yep, I can fit all that into a passport size moneybelt that fits under my clothes and skip right on by that loonng back check. Its also great for not having to figure out where to cram on a ride (required at Busch Gardens or SeaWorld where the rides are so awesome, you can't fit a bag and must rent a locker ugh)

I'd also have a serious plan for the hot time of the day, may include a siesta so you can have a great late nighter, when WDW is prettiest and funnest!

Don't be that guy, you know, the one that DOESN'T wait for the tram because of all the people. We were that guy, ONCE. Within minutes, we were totally passed up by the parking tram, everyone LONG beat us to the entrance AND we walked an extra mile, for nuthin. Wait for the tram. Wait for it!

Tiaras are accepted for ALL ages now, and you can buy nice ones for $12 in the Emporium and gift shops. Why not?! (My Tommorland pin and my tiara are standard with my magic band for must wear attire now.)

I wouldn't burn a FP on a show or parade where you can ACTUALLY get there and get a great spot yourself. Use them for rides where you can't control the wait time.

Sit in the back of 7DMR and see if you can ride at night! If you have mutilple MK days, watch Celebrate the Magic and Wishes in front of the castle and another night, wath Wishes in the middle of the action behind Teacups/by 7DMR or in Fantasyland. BOOM!

I'll think of more ideas later.

Oh yeah. If you don't want to be wet, sweaty or uncomfy, wear a short summer dress or long tunic shirt with those cute tights instead of horrible shorts or worse denim of any kind. Splash Mtn is gonna get u! Also, ladies wear some kind of real support (jogging top?) Space Mtn gonna get you there...

If you are a dude, well you are on your own. Lol

Fruit of the Loom cotton bras are great for hot and sticky climates! You can buy them at Wal-Mart or on Amazon (I bought 4 of the 'unlined underwire' bras for a recent trip to NOLA and it made all the difference for my comfort level!). They're extremely comfortable, inexpensive, durable with good support and they dry fast. To stay comfy, all of your underthings should be cotton.

If you're larger chested and get sweaty 'underneath', use an antiperspirant on that area before you get dressed. It works!

Snacks: we always brought all our snacks into the park in a small cooler bag. We had an assortment covering salt content ('cause it really helps when you're sweating a lot), protein content (to keep you going), and water content (duh). Our regular rotation included some the following every day:

Yogurt tubes
Peanut butter crackers (the kind with orange cheddar crackers)
Squeeze applesauce
Cheese sticks
Carrot sticks
Grapes
Packaged apple slices
Kashi / clif bars
Nut mix packs

I know it sounds funny but if you are bringing a small lunchbox sized cooler bag like we did you should put everything in it whether it needs it or not. It will be hot enough that you will be happy that the peanut butter crackers are cold!

I wear the same undergarments as I wear at home but I do have two sticks of Body Glide. One is for my feet, each morning I rub it all along the bottoms, edges, tops and heels of my feet. Even if those spots aren't going to touch my shoes it is just habit. Don't forget the outside of the little toe! I am pooh sized and chaffing can be an issue so each morning I rub some on those spots on my legs that could be trouble and have never had a problem. Now, I honestly don't know if I would have a problem without it but for me it is not worth the risk because once the chaffing or blisters set in OUCH!

I totally agree with the body glide. It's absolutely amazing for anyone who has thighs that touch. And that's a lot of people regardless of size. And like kj2mom said, putting it on your feet helps a lot to prevent blisters.

For bras/underwear I just brought a ton of it. I changed twice a day, once in the morning and once at night after my shower. Simple full coverage bra with underwire was all I needed to be comfortable on rough rides, but everyone's different! I use neutrogena sunblock and it works great. It's not greasy or smelly. Kinda pricey. Though honestly when it's super hot I'm rarely going to spend much time standing around in the sun. I didn't get any sunburn at all.

Personally I always print out the times for FP+ and ADRs just in case my phone either loses battery or won't connect to MDE. You can put this all one one sheet, or on index cards, one for each day.

I'd suggest hats/visors/sunglasses to keep the sun off your face. I swear by Body Glide for both my feet (preventing blisters) and my inner thighs (I'm also pooh sized and they rub). I prefer cotton for the underwear.

Jennytoon has great suggestions for food if you want to bring in a soft sided cooler. Other ideas would be granola bars, graham crackers, apples.

body glide, powder, sunscreen if you do plan on wearing any type of dress, like sun dress wear bike shorts under them with work out tank bra...

http://www.amazon.com/Champion-Womens-Absolute-Workout-Sports/dp/B00AHRDLAW

http://www.amazon.com/Champion-Fitn...d=1432764967&sr=1-33&keywords=work+out+shorts

http://www.amazon.com/Sakkas-Kevina...sim_193_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=0NZ1PMM18EER955TNWMJ

you are not a pack mule, lighter the better. I only carry lipstick, phone, backup battery, other form of payment, e cig into parks.

Running shoes

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter