4 Reasons Why Disney’s Hollywood Studios Needs To (And Will) Change

The solution to the mess that is DHS is right in front of the noses of the suits in charge. The problem is, Disney came into possession of three of its biggest acquisitions, (Star Wars franchise, Marvel franchise and Pixar franchise) at a time when it decided not to spend any real money on the park. It had locked up money into Avatar and MDE with little to no money left over for big, creative thinking. So instead of a park that celebrates Pixar in wide-sweeping fashion, we have the mess that is DHS. DHS claims to have a "Pixar Land". But here are the list of Pixar movies. How many are meaningfully represented at DHS?

Toy Story
A Bug's Life-Nope
Toy Story 2
Monsters, Inc.-Nope
Finding Nemo-Nope
The Incredibles-Nope
Cars-Nope
Ratatouille-Nope
WALL-E-Nope
Up-Nope
Toy Story 3
Cars 2-Nope
Brave-Nope
Monsters University-Nope

It wouldn't take a creative genius to come up with a half dozen really great attractions based on these movies. That is, after all, how the Disneyland got started. Attractions based on movies. Add in Marvel and Star Wars and you'd have a heck of a good park. When DHS first cut its ribbon, it was supposed to be a tribute to film making and serve as a working studio. That ship has sailed, sunk, and rotted. Time to move on to building a park with rides based on movies that people under the age of 30 will find relevant. The more Disney pigeonholes things like Nemo into Epcot and Monsters, Inc. into the Magic Kingdom, (and even Avatar into Animal Kingdom), the more it seals the fate of DHS being s shell of what it should be.

Right on. ::yes::

Read the article, got to agree with it:thumbsup2

HS is my least favorite park and if I don't get there on my upcoming trip then I won't be disapppointed. As it stands right now I have no reservations or plans on going there.

This park definitely needs new stuff.

The solution to the mess that is DHS is right in front of the noses of the suits in charge. The problem is, Disney came into possession of three of its biggest acquisitions, (Star Wars franchise, Marvel franchise and Pixar franchise) at a time when it decided not to spend any real money on the park. It had locked up money into Avatar and MDE with little to no money left over for big, creative thinking. So instead of a park that celebrates Pixar in wide-sweeping fashion, we have the mess that is DHS. DHS claims to have a "Pixar Land". But here are the list of Pixar movies. How many are meaningfully represented at DHS?

Toy Story
A Bug's Life-Nope
Toy Story 2
Monsters, Inc.-Nope
Finding Nemo-Nope
The Incredibles-Nope
Cars-Nope
Ratatouille-Nope
WALL-E-Nope
Up-Nope
Toy Story 3
Cars 2-Nope
Brave-Nope
Monsters University-Nope

It wouldn't take a creative genius to come up with a half dozen really great attractions based on these movies. That is, after all, how the Disneyland got started. Attractions based on movies. Add in Marvel and Star Wars and you'd have a heck of a good park. When DHS first cut its ribbon, it was supposed to be a tribute to film making and serve as a working studio. That ship has sailed, sunk, and rotted. Time to move on to building a park with rides based on movies that people under the age of 30 will find relevant. The more Disney pigeonholes things like Nemo into Epcot and Monsters, Inc. into the Magic Kingdom, (and even Avatar into Animal Kingdom), the more it seals the fate of DHS being s shell of what it should be.

and to add on to your thoughts, I caught this little nugget on MiceChat

While the parks in both Shanghai and Tokyo are slated to get their own version of the ride, another clone of Mater’s will also show up in Orlando. A copy of the ride, re-themed to Woody from Toy Story, will be one of three small rides being added to a new Toy Story Playland area, to be built where much of the shuttered Backlot Tram Tour currently is at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The plans to directly clone Cars Land for WDW may have died at the hands of Orlando’s accountants, but at least one of the three Cars Land rides will make the trip to Florida, albeit with a different character and theme.

While I'm one that was totally bored with the Avatar movie (nice effects though)
perhaps Disney knows something we don't? They're working directly with James Cameron and just maybe the mouse has seen evidence of greatness beyond the first movie? Might they even have some influence on Avatar sequels to make them more "Disney"-like? Would Disney green-light extensive attractions based on one non-Disney film? Maybe Disney is cooperating with Cameron on this as a pet project because something even bigger is coming down the pike?

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but please realize we're basing them on facts and rumors that are leaked or officially released via the company. If they have something really juicy it won't be leaking to bloggers or anybody else until they are ready. :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter