• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

4 night Wish or 7 night Fantasy?

sparrow10_

Savvy?
Hey,

I originally planned on taking the 4 night Wish on November '23, I noticed that there's a 7 night Fantasy for maybe about $600 extra (2 people) would you say it's worth it? Or should I stick with the wish

7 nt Fantasy. I agree that a longer cruise is better, more time to settle in and actually relax vs trying to do everything in 4 days. Ports should be better too. We did the 7nt Western Caribbean in June on the Fantasy and had a great time.

Have you sailed on the Fantasy before? If not, I'd definitely switch. If you have, I might stick with the Wish to experience the new ship. We had sailed on the Dream, Fantasy, and Magic, and we were excited to check out the Wish. Although not everyone here is a big fan, we loved it and would sail on her again in a heartbeat!

I would do the seven day Fantasy. You'll save the money that you would spend in and on the parks and save yourself the frustration for relaxation and fun on the ship. At least for me, it takes a few days to get into the rhythm on the ship. On those short sailings, it's time to get off about the time I'm starting to feel settled and enjoying myself.

I had this same dilemma a few months ago. We chose the 7 night on the fantasy and I’m so glad we did. We would love to go on every ship at least once (so we will get to the Wish eventually, after it’s not so new and the pricing reflects that) but I think the shorter cruise would have been too short for us.

Have you been on the fantasy before? Also keep in mind that when you add on ports you generally add on excursions which can definitely bump the price up more than what you’re looking at on paper.

If you haven’t been on the Fantasy I would absolutely recommend it she’s my favorite ship. However if you’ve already been on the fantasy it could be a lot of fun to check out what’s new on the wish.

If you've already cruised on the Fantasy then I would choose the newer ship. Might just as well check it out. The Wish was a great cruise. We've been on all 5 ships and not sorry that we chose it. Beautiful ship, great CM's, good food. Perfect. Would not hesitate to cruise the Wish again.

I don't even have to think on this one. It would be 7 nights on the Fantasy every time over 4 nights on the Wish. I could be on the Fantasy 100 times and still chose 7 nights. No slam on the Wish, but the only way I'd do this ship is if I only had time for a 3 or 4 night cruise and a longer cruise was not an option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter