4 night Dream cruise - just back

Pegasus928

DIS Veteran
We have just completed our 4 night Bahama cruise. We stayed concierge level in a one bed suite - room 12506, and had a cabana on SB.
If you have any questions I will try to be helpful, but as we are still on holiday I may not answer straight away :-)

I never saw or heard a single one near the beach - and we were there all day. We saw one of the group tours go past but that was way in the distance.

Who were the Concierge Hosts? Did you get a chance check out the changes to the Concierge Sun Deck?

I am glad you had a good time Kenny. Is it fair to say you enjoyed your first cruise then? How was the cabana? Is it something you would do again? Was it worth it for the 4 of you (assume it was just the 4 of you)?

Who were the Concierge Hosts? Did you get a chance check out the changes to the Concierge Sun Deck?
We spent a lot of time up on the sun deck. As I understand it the changes were a cover that spans about 50% of the deck and a hot tub (that is huge) Most of the time we were the only ones up there.

I am glad you had a good time Kenny. Is it fair to say you enjoyed your first cruise then? How was the cabana? Is it something you would do again? Was it worth it for the 4 of you (assume it was just the 4 of you)?
Hi Joh
We really did enjoy our first cruise. Would we do it again? The jury is still out on that but one change we would make is we would only do a 3 night. The sea day, to us, was a wasted day. We only spent it on the sun deck and we could have done that at the villa. I would have preferred another day at CC as we found this place to be a real slice of heaven.
It was just the two of us as it is our 25th wedding anniversary holiday.

Hi Joh
We really did enjoy our first cruise. Would we do it again? The jury is still out on that but one change we would make is we would only do a 3 night. The sea day, to us, was a wasted day. We only spent it on the sun deck and we could have done that at the villa. I would have preferred another day at CC as we found this place to be a real slice of heaven.
It was just the two of us as it is our 25th wedding anniversary holiday.

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary. I am glad you enjoyed it. We are the opposite, by the soudns of it, as we are finding we really enjoy the longer cruises.

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary. I am glad you enjoyed it. We are the opposite, by the soudns of it, as we are finding we really enjoy the longer cruises.
People being different is what makes the world an interesting place :-)
We enjoyed relaxing, and having the chance to really kick back on CC, (we had walked 55 miles in 6 days before the cruise - and I'm no spring chicken anymore) but by the time we got off we were ready to get out and about again. A longer cruise for us may work with the different ports of call - it's just the sea day didn't offer enough for us (especially as I didn't fancy spending $40 and up to play bingo)

Glad you enjoyed your cruise, was there anything in particular about the room that stood out to you? We're anxiously counting down till we board in 2 weeks and we have 12506...

It was very comfortable and well laid out with plenty of space. The jacuzzi bath and tv in the mirror are pretty cool, plus the proximity to the concierge lounge and deck.

Hi. My sis and I do 3 nites on dream next year. Any tips on getting best out of concierge? It will be my 1st cruise. How were the foods, coffee, mixed drinks in the lounge? Congrats on anniversary! I m glad u said 3 days would be enough....I keep reading posts that say 3 days is a poor choice!

We really felt like Danny did the best job of all the Hosts on our cruise in September. Ashley was always pleasant and ready to help as well.

Hi. My sis and I do 3 nites on dream next year. Any tips on getting best out of concierge? It will be my 1st cruise. How were the foods, coffee, mixed drinks in the lounge? Congrats on anniversary! I m glad u said 3 days would be enough....I keep reading posts that say 3 days is a poor choice!
It's a very personal choice and if you like lying around on the sun deck, playing bingo or taking part in 80s or 90s quizzes then 4 nights may be the way to go. But for us the sea day was a 'nothing' type day.
The food in the lounge was mainly small sandwiches and canapés, the mixed drinks very strong (way stronger than the bars or lounges which had next to no alcohol in them at all). The benefits of concierge for us were first on and off the ship. We got so much done that first day while it was still quiet, got to ride the aquaduck twice with no wait and Cabanas was dead.

What days/times were the Princess Gathering and Anna and Else meet and greet?
Looking at the navigators the only mention of Anna and Elsa is on the day we boarded and it says ticket distribution is between 11.45am - 2.30pm at the port adventures desk, deck 5. It doesn't say when or where the meet is. However when I was wandering around the ship at around 5am on Tuesday I saw a set up that looked to be Frozen-like in Animators Pallette. Maybe it was in here.
The only other time I can see the princess gathering is on the sea day at 7.30pm in D lounge.
Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter