4 days in LA- itinerary support and LA area hotel

Check out the Santa Monica Promenade while you're in that neighborhood, it has lots of shops and restaurants. (It's on 3rd street.)

You already have lots of good ideas of what to do, but when I lived in LA I would hike at Will Roger's park alot. It's so nice and from the top of the hill there's a great view of LA (If it's a clearish day.)

https://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=626

You'll be glad you have 2 days at Disneyland :)

Check out the Santa Monica Promenade while you're in that neighborhood, it has lots of shops and restaurants. (It's on 3rd street.)

You already have lots of good ideas of what to do, but when I lived in LA I would hike at Will Roger's park alot. It's so nice and from the top of the hill there's a great view of LA (If it's a clearish day.)

https://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=626

You'll be glad you have 2 days at Disneyland :)

You mean 3rd street promenade.? ;)
Someone else posted that it isn't in good shape anymore.

You mean 3rd street promenade.? ;)
Someone else posted that it isn't in good shape anymore.
Personally, I think the whole Santa Monica/Venice area is pretty run down. Then again, Hollywood Blvd is not the greatest either.

Personally, I think the whole Santa Monica/Venice area is pretty run down. Then again, Hollywood Blvd is not the greatest either.
True, people are always amazed and say "this IS Hollywood?" lol

I believe they think Beverley Hills is what its supposed to look like.

Not sure if anyone has given options or not (i'll go back and read thru after i post), but my opinion on the Marina Del Rey hotel would be to head further south. ;)
https://www.beach-house.com/hermosa-beach/

Also may depend where you're from, mountains, beaches, city, etc?
The Portofino in Redondo is really nice too - and on the beach, a short walk from the pier. Price is not redonkulous.

Things to do in LA;
Petersen Auto Museum - we just visited. It's really nice and my youngest DD says she likes it better than DL - Blasphemy, I know.
Ronald Regan Library - lots of great history, you get to walk through the actual Air Force 1 he used in is presidency.
LACMA - right next to La Brea Tar pits. Spend the 30 minutes or so that it takes to see the tar pits, then head over to the art museum. Don't miss Metropolis II.

Just a taste. I highly recommend getting tickets to see a taping of the Jimmy Kimmel show too if everyone in your group is old enough to go (18 min). There are other show tapings you can attend too but the Kimmel show is taped in live time, meaning it's an hour and no more. Other tapings can last HOURS and IMHO, can get boring pretty fast.

The Portofino in Redondo is really nice too - and on the beach, a short walk from the pier. Price is not redonkulous.

Things to do in LA;
Petersen Auto Museum - we just visited. It's really nice and my youngest DD says she likes it better than DL - Blasphemy, I know.
Ronald Regan Library - lots of great history, you get to walk through the actual Air Force 1 he used in is presidency.
LACMA - right next to La Brea Tar pits. Spend the 30 minutes or so that it takes to see the tar pits, then head over to the art museum. Don't miss Metropolis II.

Just a taste. I highly recommend getting tickets to see a taping of the Jimmy Kimmel show too if everyone in your group is old enough to go (18 min). There are other show tapings you can attend too but the Kimmel show is taped in live time, meaning it's an hour and no more. Other tapings can last HOURS and IMHO, can get boring pretty fast.
Appreciate this and imagine I could have a child pick a car museum too 🙄🤣

Unfortunately I will have a 16 year old but maybe next time. Though I have been trying to think about entertainment (mostly after dinner) - I was thinking bands or comedy. Any insight there?

If anyone has must do restaurants- it feels like there’s going to be endless choices.

Unfortunately I will have a 16 year old but maybe next time. Though I have been trying to think about entertainment (mostly after dinner) - I was thinking bands or comedy. Any insight there?

If anyone has must do restaurants- it feels like there’s going to be endless choices.
Check the Hollywood Bowl schedule. That's an amazing venue - a true "only in So Cal" experience. It doesn't matter who is playing - if you can get tickets, I'd give that a go.

A lot of the bands and comedy shows are going to be in clubs and be +18, maybe even +21.

If you’re in the South Bay Area, there is a comedy club in Hermosa Beach or a bunch up in Hollywood.

Check the Hollywood Bowl schedule. That's an amazing venue - a true "only in So Cal" experience. It doesn't matter who is playing - if you can get tickets, I'd give that a go.

A lot of the bands and comedy shows are going to be in clubs and be +18, maybe even +21.
Also check the Greek theater… or even House of Blues in Anaheim (depending on where you’re at in your trip)

There are. Can you share what type of food and/or type of dining experiences your family enjoys?
We aren’t too picky- we love all kinds of food. Mexican Sushi and Asian Italian pizza American burgers steak etc etc
My kids are swimmers. They eat A LOT. So, I need a mix of cost factors or I’ll be broke by the end of this trip!
For me- I love a great bakery or breakfast joint

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter