4/29 Eastern Caribbean St John Cancellations

Angelamarya17

Earning My Ears
Hello all,
I just got an email from Disney that all of the St John booked excursions for my 4/29 Eastern cruise are cancelled. We had Trunk Bay Beach booked, so now I am trying to find a beach port adventure on St Thomas that is similar, but of course they’ve all sold out now. I have heard that Magen’s Bay is the best beach in St Thomas. How easy is it to get to Magen’s on our own?

In my experience, VERY easy. Any taxi (open air bus, in reality) will take you there. But know this: There's a fee to enter, they accept US dollars. Last time (several years ago) I think it was $4 per person.

We're in the same boat (no pun intended) for the 4/16 Fantasy sailing, and I was wondering the same thing. Of course Trunk Bay was the one excursion we wanted to get and coincidentally the only on we were able to get. Bummed out.

In my experience, VERY easy. Any taxi (open air bus, in reality) will take you there. But know this: There's a fee to enter, they accept US dollars. Last time (several years ago) I think it was $4 per person.
Thanks for that info! Will definitely make sure to have cash on me in that case

It's actually very easy to get to Trunk Bay on your own. A cab to the Red Hook ferry from Havensight, then another cab from Cruz Bay to Trunk. Returning to the ship is the same, just in reverse. We've done it a few times

We're in the same boat (no pun intended) for the 4/16 Fantasy sailing, and I was wondering the same thing. Of course Trunk Bay was the one excursion we wanted to get and coincidentally the only on we were able to get. Bummed out.
Agreed. I just hope above all else that it stays an Eastern, because our only other Eastern had Tortola cancelled due to Hurricane Maria. So just really hoping to finally get that port made up. But I was really excited to go back to St John, so definitely bummed.

It's actually very easy to get to Trunk Bay on your own. A cab to the Red Hook ferry from Havensight, then another cab from Cruz Bay to Trunk. Returning to the ship is the same, just in reverse. We've done it a few times
I did wonder about this, but I thought it was weird that all of the cancelled excursions were only St John, so I was guessing maybe the ferry was the issue? No idea, but assumed getting to St John was the whole problem with why Disney cancelled.

I did wonder about this, but I thought it was weird that all of the cancelled excursions were only St John, so I was guessing maybe the ferry was the issue? No idea, but assumed getting to St John was the whole problem with why Disney cancelled.
I doubt they've shut down the ferry. Look it up. Say it with me, "Google is our friend." :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter